Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
They canned the McLaren GT3 effort? Dang it.

Your list spot on yoman. I'd like to add some of the older entrants like the Viper, XKR (not sure how Jaguar will be received) and definatley models currently running like the 458 and SLS. There are a couple others that I've been looking at as well, which have not been homologated for FIA GT3 but are currently fielded in racing of some sort like the LFA and GTR.

For Season 2 I'll start a clean thread.

Oh whoops that was a typo. They canned the Chevy Camaro GT3. The McLaren is still in testing.

Wait why did I win there are two races left? I don't know if you took into consideration the disconnect last night or put me as DNF. I looked at the points, if second place were to place pole ad win the next two races they would beat me in the points. I'm going to miss the next race and I don't think I won the Championship until the final race is completed. I want to see the full results.

Last edited:
Not to be a party pooper, but the general rule is that if you get disconnected it's a DNF. Tier did it to himself and MTber last week and he was in a 3-way fight for 4th and MTber was fighting up front with the leaders. There's really no way of knowing where Monty would have placed, anything can happen. He could have had a bad crash and got enough damage and recovery time for Niop to get by him. Disconnects are basically GT5's own version of catastrophic failure. Just my 2 cents. Don't forget I think he's throwing out everybodies 2 worst finshes in the final tally. So if he throws out the DNF and 1 of the 2 no shows for next week, maybe that's how he came to that conclusion.

Guess we have to wait for Tier to post the results and see how he's coming up with things. Like I said I think he's throwing out everbodies 2 worst finishes so that might be giving you the championship now. I'm sure Tier will clarify things when he replies. Personally, it has no effect on me as far as the drivers championship, as i'm not even close, but Ruf and Ferrari might be in a fight for the Manufacturers championship I think. Again, I don't like that you can't make next weeks race, but with you out, 'cause your so fast dude, Tier and I have a serious shot at that. However I'm giving you KUDOS man, you've been the best and most consistent, overall, and probably will get and deserve the drivers championship.

Sure would like to get the Mercedes SLS GT3 though, and then Tier and I can run those next season. Come to think of it, believe it or not, I don't even have an SLS yet.

Sorry haven't posted the offical results yet, will be up tomorrow.

MC, you are champ even if you miss round 6. You came into yesterday with 183 points, got 6 for qualifying and 6 in race 1 and DNF in race 2. Puts you at a total of 195.

Niop is now in second with 133 after yesterday. Even if he takes poll and wins both races, (58 points) he'll still be shy at 191. It's going to be Niop and me fighting over 2nd (I'm at 129 now).

On the manufacture's side:
Ferrari 286
RUF 216
Corvette 187

We still got a chance BOSS! (Unless Niop, phil or roberte have anything to say about it). :)

It will take a minor miracle. All the odds are against it. If Niop get's pole and wins, which in my honest opinoin he will 'cause horespower will be king on this track. We need to qualify 2nd and 3rd and finish 2nd and 3rd. Then we need to hope Crab and Roberte have seriously bad days, not wishing it on you guys. Also the Ford GT and maybe Stupid in the Mustang might be there to steel the needed points. Doing what we have to do will put us at 292 points. We need to be almost perfect in the corners man and catch that draft on the straights to stay with the big horepower cars. Then hope for a small miracle.

Sweet, it looks like we'll have quite the battle between RUF and Corvette. I'm looking forward to it. And BOSS, the Vette doesn't have the advantage you think it does. Going down the Mulsanne straights side by side with Tier we were neck and neck until I hit 6th gear, at which point I only pull about 2 car lengths by the time we reach the braking zones. Also using the RUF, my second lap out I was able to run faster than my fastest lap in the Vette. So I think it's going to be a very exciting race. :D

I agree, gonna be very exciting finish to the season. I think we have an advantage over the Vettes in the corners if we cut the apexes just right we can hang down the straights. but, like you said, with only 340 torque they have trouble in sixth gear and if we get the corners wrong getting back up to speed. The Ferrari's, for some reason, pull out of the corners with some real speed even though they're only about 360 torque. The RUF is tough to drive fast and be consistent. It hangs if you can figure out what it likes but is hard to overcome any mistakes and for some reason I don't think it drafts well. It almost seem like the draft is realistic when in most other cars I've driven the draft in GT5 is seriously exaggerated. One area I know is gonna help is the brakes haulings down from those high speeds.

I think I may owe Phil Bell an apology for the last corner at Grand Valley. We had contact, but I don't know if I slid up into him or he tried to come down on me. I know I took away his line but I thought I could make it clean 'cause he was fainting left before making the wide arc right every lap. He left the door wide open. I think that's why he made the comment about making it mandatory to be single file on certain corners. We only had slight contact but I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet. I think I might have even dove into the corner hard enough to get all the way by him and then he carried more speed through the middle and made contact with me. As I said, not sure, need to see the replay. To be honest I think anybody, even in real life racing, would have made the same move. Not to poor salt on the wound but if he'd have taken a defensive line I would probably have not been able to get him. I had my mind made up actually a couple laps earlier that I was gonna try it, but it wasn't till the last lap that I got close enough. From his point of view it probably did seem like a bonsai move but I was very confident in the RUF's braking ability.

First I want to congratulate my team mate for wining the championship and i hope will win the manufactures to
I hope to finish in front of Boss in the championship

Hope you didn't take anything I said the wrong way Roberte. I'm not wishing you bad luck or anything. Yeah I was a little steamed after Madrid but I believe it was rightly so. I mean the 1st race I was screwed twice by the penalty system after I screwed myself in the first corner and was trying to make up ground. Race 2 I got punted by Reidman and turned around backwards against the wall in the 1st turn,after he had already false started and then I get back in the thick of things and somebody's a lap down blocking and hitting me. Sorry if I take offense to that. I'm over it now and wish you and everyone else the best of luck. I've had fun racing with all you guy's this season and you and Phil Bell have been my closest rivals all season long. Phil has been practicing with me a lot of mornings and i like racing with him, that's why I apologize if I did wrong on that last corner. Good luck everbody.

Hey guys, just letting you all know I'm still alive and kicking. Still working out some details, but still not available to race with you guys. I do miss running my Stang with you guys. Again, I am sorry I couldn't finish the season. I would've liked to see how far I would've gotten. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thank you.

I think I may owe Phil Bell an apology for the last corner at Grand Valley. We had contact, but I don't know if I slid up into him or he tried to come down on me. I know I took away his line but I thought I could make it clean 'cause he was fainting left before making the wide arc right every lap. He left the door wide open. I think that's why he made the comment about making it mandatory to be single file on certain corners. We only had slight contact but I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet. I think I might have even dove into the corner hard enough to get all the way by him and then he carried more speed through the middle and made contact with me. As I said, not sure, need to see the replay. To be honest I think anybody, even in real life racing, would have made the same move. Not to poor salt on the wound but if he'd have taken a defensive line I would probably have not been able to get him. I had my mind made up actually a couple laps earlier that I was gonna try it, but it wasn't till the last lap that I got close enough. From his point of view it probably did seem like a bonsai move but I was very confident in the RUF's braking ability.
That move set's up the best exit for the corner,but the Corvette had been handling beyond recalcitrant so couldn't find the pace nor tire wear.:(The final corner I couldn't see and did turn in about a 1/5th of lock,so just a racing incident.

What I am peeved about is lap 10 on the entry to one of the corners I was a fender up the outside after a better exit and...CRUNCH! Off into the dirt.:P

Yeah been enjoying practice too,will hopefully seeya tomorrow right after track camp,get some laps on the new setup.:D

Last edited:
We still got a chance BOSS! (Unless Niop, phil or roberte have anything to say about it). :)
I in fact do mate.:)Im running a near stock setup inspired by Niop's and it's much better now so I will push much harder.It's better on tires too.

I also realised (thanks to Mont) that I was losing tons of times on shifts so Im now doing flat upshifts but still lift over exit kerbs.

However I still refuse to use A.B.S,takes too much off the front tire and can't position car as well.I just re-tuned the brake bias and overall setup and it's improved alot but needs smooth modulation as expected.

Last edited:
Official results from Round 5 are up:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1135

Once again, congradulations to adeadsnipermatt for his Driver Championship win this season. Look forward to more battles with you in season 2 MC!.

I forgot to record my own qual time so left blank, I was 5th on the grid with the automatic placement and do believe the best lap was around 1:53.8xx

Also, got all excited over the LeMans race this weekend and started my own race in Aspec. I thought the new update said something about a "suspend" feature, it does not however apply to the endurance races, multiple race championships only. :grumpy: Was about 6 hours in when I discovered that little gem. So, have not had a chance to review the replays for best laps or pictures as of yet.

We'll see you guys on Saturday for our season 1 finale!

When will season 2 start because I would love to test the new cars out with you. Also I wish I could race at Lemans with you, great track and going to miss racing for awhile.

I would love to participate. Unfortunately, I can't every Saturday, including the next. Still, sign me up.

GTP: sugarglider661
PSN: neptune35
Car: Lamborghini Gallardo

When will season 2 start because I would love to test the new cars out with you. Also I wish I could race at Lemans with you, great track and going to miss racing for awhile.

Not sure as of yet. Probably shoot for early or mid July. Learned a lot from this season so we'll make a few tweaks to make things better for next season.

That reminds me, I do need to get the homolagation going for our new cars. If anyone else would like to help out just raise your hand.

I'm so glad you cleared that up Phil. I watched the replay twice this morning to see exactly what happened. Once from my camera and once from yours, both were inconclusive 'cause the camera switched angles just before contact and then just showed you sliding wide. At this point I was thinking why doesn't GT5 have a fast forward and rewind feature so I don't have to sit through this whole replay again. I was all set to watch it again today after I got out of work from the fixed camera view of my car to get conclusive shot of what happened 'cause I would've told Tier that I concede 2nd place to you if it was my fault.

Was it me that hit you on lap 10, 'Cause I'm not recalling this after watching the replay? I think that might have been Tier after coming out of the pits. No that can't be 'cause I passed him on his way out of the pits. I could've sworn I was still well behind you at this point chasing you down. Damn now you got me wondering if I owe you an apology for something else. That must have been after I came out of the pits on cold tires but I could've sworn you just drove away from me the first 2 laps aftert my pit.

i thing i cant race anymore this season sorry guys. maybe in season 2 , if we can do it on a sunday or earlyr time on saterday . but we will see . good luck to the rest of the guys . it was very fun to race with your guys cant wait till season 2 .

i thing i cant race anymore this season sorry guys. maybe in season 2 , if we can do it on a sunday or earlyr time on saterday . but we will see . good luck to the rest of the guys . it was very fun to race with your guys cant wait till season 2 .

Sorry to hear that Quiinten, enjoyed racing with you. Hope to see you in season 2.

Back