Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 1,964 comments

Who will win the Driver's Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arguably the worst series imho. I can’t help but laugh when someone says that their switching to FE after being disillusioned with F1.
Fair enough. Laugh.

I bought 5 tickets yesterday for Formula E in Vancouver next year. $70 CDN for 2 days. I can afford to take friends and family and they can judge for themselves.

I bought 5 tickets yesterday for Formula E in Vancouver next year. $70 CDN for 2 days
That's way better value than here, the 2 day ticket for the London round was £120 IIRC (about 200$CDN). Plus the cost of getting down to London, and staying somewhere, it was too damn high for me especially considering the schedule for the weekend and the lack of support races (compared to what I'm used to).

Mazepin actually won something this year!

When I heard Sunday morning that Mazepin was out of the race after testing positive for Covid I was actually relieved that at least he wasn't going to be out there causing a potential problem. Unfortunately there was another one at the back that caused a problem.

That's way better value than here, the 2 day ticket for the London round was £120 IIRC (about 200$CDN). Plus the cost of getting down to London, and staying somewhere, it was too damn high for me especially considering the schedule for the weekend and the lack of support races (compared to what I'm used to).
Luckily the location we have is super transit friendly. Otherwise parking would cost as much as a day pass. Also think some of the cost may be covered by governments as part of Canada Day celebrations.

I don't think we'll be seeing Lewis again. Not basing this on anything other than a hunch.
I feel like he made one final push this season to get that 8th WDC and the record for most titles. And he nearly had it. And now i feel like he's done.
Also i think back on what he said during the weekend when he was asked about next season, and how he kept deflecting any questions about it by saying, "we'll see about next season".
I hope i'm wrong.

Oh, and.
ywnyhc2w9r5814.png

😁

Last edited:
It really is a shame fans are split on this issue. If fans were united, it could actually force them to change.

The problems in the past have been the ego of those in charge thinking they can control the course of things in the name of entertainment. In hindsight it's always clear they were only doing for selfish reasons.

Todt I believe, did a good job attempting to balance things while getting other stuff done away from F1. FIA is likely going to head in the previous direction with so much influence from F1.

It really is a shame fans are split on this issue. If fans were united, it could actually force them to change.

The problems in the past have been the ego of those in charge thinking they can control the course of things in the name of entertainment. In hindsight it's always clear they were only doing for selfish reasons.

Todt I believe, did a good job attempting to balance things while getting other stuff done away from F1. FIA is likely going to head in the previous direction with so much influence from F1.
Fans won't be united on this because what die-hard Mercedes fans are demanding is a driver's title be stripped away for a mistake by the FIA. If the anger was all directed at the FIA for screwing up the rules, then it would be fine.

Fans won't be united on this because what die-hard Mercedes fans are demanding is a driver's title be stripped away for a mistake by the FIA. If the anger was all directed at the FIA for screwing up the rules, then it would be fine.
Kind of. I do believe a lot has to do with fans wanting to see anyone other than MB winning all the time. But fans need to be wary that this could be used in a way similar to simplistic Populist politics.

Yup. The hardcore MB 'fans' can't be reasoned with because they want Max' head on (a :P) pole. Hardcore RB 'fans' think that MB are just whiny little b**ches and sour losers. The ones looking at the FIA are the reasonable middle (which includes both MB/RB/other fans).

EDIT: surprised that came through the swear filter, asterisks added. :lol:

Last edited:
This is 100% not verifiable. Just food for thought.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
A group from Saudi Arabia is reportedly poised to buy Formula 1's commercial rights from Liberty Media.

"There could be even more GPs in the Asian region soon," revealed veteran F1 journalist Roger Benoit, writing for the Swiss newspaper Blick.

"Why? Because the Saudis will soon take over Formula 1 from Liberty."

He said Formula 1 "hasn't evolved much" since Liberty took over and ousted the sport's former supremo Bernie Ecclestone in 2017.

"As expected, Chase Carey ceded his chief post. The Americans seem to have lost interest in their multi-billion dollar toy.

"Ironically, it's the Saudis who are now at the door with their suitcases for a takeover

No matter what F1 community I visit, there are so many people talking about how they are going to quit watching F1, see you all next season!
I'm waiting to see what the next gen cars are like and if they don't do it for me, I genuinely am out I can't lie.

EDIT: surprised that came through the swear filter, asterisks added.
No need - "bitches" is not a censorable word, and if it were, partially censoring it like that wouldn't be acceptable.

If it's not censored it doesn't need to be censored. If it is censored, it needs to be censored in full, like the censor does it.

This is 100% not verifiable. Just food for thought.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
A group from Saudi Arabia is reportedly poised to buy Formula 1's commercial rights from Liberty Media.

"There could be even more GPs in the Asian region soon," revealed veteran F1 journalist Roger Benoit, writing for the Swiss newspaper Blick.

"Why? Because the Saudis will soon take over Formula 1 from Liberty."

He said Formula 1 "hasn't evolved much" since Liberty took over and ousted the sport's former supremo Bernie Ecclestone in 2017.

"As expected, Chase Carey ceded his chief post. The Americans seem to have lost interest in their multi-billion dollar toy.

"Ironically, it's the Saudis who are now at the door with their suitcases for a takeover

Animated GIF

Hmm. Wonder if they wrote this before the FIA statement. Because I now can't see that comission ending with anything but further re-iteration that what Masi did was fine, he'll continue in his role and next season will have more dodgy calls.
It seems like they worked something out, but Mercedes' statement is very soft. Perhaps they discussed it with the FIA and then went back to their board to decide on the way to proceed. They did still get their 8th constructor's title.

Edit: It also neatly coincides with FIA's little party. They should've waited at least until it was over.

Last edited:
Very much this! Was tempted to go to London next year but the lack of a supporting lineup has put me off. I don't feel it's great value, especially when you take into account how short the feature races are. Much better value to go to a weekend of GT Racing at Brands Hatch in my opinion.

Try reading to the third part, then. Expecting Masi to finish the races under green does not literally mean finishing them under green by any means necessary.
I did read your third paragraph. Are you a implying that the race director 'banned' Lewis because he 'doesn't like him'?

Any means necessary would have meant not releasing the safety car at all. They released the safety car, cleared the track safely and let those lapped cars through who would have otherwise interferred with the result.

I get that not everyone liked the result, but I think they did the best they could under the circumstances and wasn't unfair.

Either way, it was a poor analogy.

Last edited:
Reading some of the comments on this ceremony, the Lewis/Toto snub was the least of its problems.
I'm afraid I don't know who this kid is - likely a karting champion - but this has to be deliberate:

He looks right at Verstappen and still doesn't say his name.

Edit: He is Kean Nakamura Berta, 2021 FIA Karting World Champion/OK Junior. And an ice cold killer.

Last edited:
Back