Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 513 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's the end of May, therefore it's time for the annual trip to the Mediterranean coast for the iconic Monaco Grand Prix. An historic circuit with an absolute slew of famous moments around the right and twisty Street Circuit, and one of the races at the top of all driver's bucket list for winning. Often times, this is the most exciting and spectacular Qualifying session if the year - especially with overtaking being so difficult, making Pole Position ever so crucial. Charles Leclerc lost the championship lead last round after an MGU-H and Turbo failure while cruising to victory, can he finally break his home race curse and stop the Verstappen relentlessness that has given him 4 wins this season? Mercedes looked quick at Barcelona, so can Russell and Hamilton disturb the Ferrari/Red Bull status quo? Practice is on Friday in a break of tradition, so let's enjoy the MONACO GRAND PRIX!
image (5).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
3.337km

Race Distance
260.286 km

Lap Record
1:12.909
Lewis Hamilton (2021)

Looking forward to seeing how these boats handle this track. The forecast says rain on saturday and sunday but that may change.

Too big, too long and too heavy to have even an overtake here.
Unless there is a strong over- or undercut, the frontrow drivers can pick up victory.

Charles and narrow streetcircuits aren’t the best combo. Perhaps Sainz can take revenge for his start of the season.
Max and Checo will be on their tail.

I hope Bottas can fend off the Mercs.

I will surely watch the highlights (start, pitstops, Charles, Mick and Nicholas causing a safetycar due to various armco-kissing

Looking forward to seeing how these boats handle this track. The forecast says rain on saturday and sunday but that may change.
The only reason I'll be tuning in to be honest, the cars have looked a lot more skittish at low speed. Chances are they'll be underdriving in the race as per usual (unless wet) but Quali should be spicy.

I'm personally hoping that Leclerc crashing Lauda's Ferrari during the Monaco Historic satisfied the Hometown Curse this year.
Sadly, curse will probably just cause a repeat of Spain; Charles grabs a solid pole, gets a good start but the curse dictates a DNF instead of a crash.

Monaco....where the race happens on Saturday and the parade is on Sunday....don't have a lot of hope for that race with those cars 🙄

Sadly, curse will probably just cause a repeat of Spain; Charles grabs a solid pole, gets a good start but the curse dictates a DNF instead of a crash.
Maybe Charles just goes to the swimming pool early.

Watched the Italian sprint race while waiting for Monaco. LMAO at Max telling his team to shut up about the pass on Leclerc, then telling them to shut up about Leclerc being out of DRS zone while he was trying to brake, then he radios them after the race to check if it was actually over because they were too scared to radio him again to congratulate him on the win. 😂🤣😂🤣

Charles will be the favourite to win, Ferrari should be strong at this track given they have good traction and acceleration. However after Mattia throwing salt at Mercedes, I would like a Mercedes 1-2 and Lewis to win to keep his record of winning in every F1 season he has competed in up. Mercedes on high downforce setups seems strong and Lewis looked quite confident in the car last race. Even though they weren't very fast in last sector of Barcelona in qualifying, they were the fastest in the race and less likely to get tyre overheating issues at this track. Tyre warm up will be key.

Will be interesting to see how Red Bull do as their car seems more suited for top speed for the likes of Baku. They have been quick at all tracks though.

Wonder if any of the drivers will struggle with the visibility as it will probably be most difficult year for them in terms of placing the car.

Last edited:
When was the change made from practice on Thursdays and a dead day on Friday? Unless I've got that totally mixed up.

When was the change made from practice on Thursdays and a dead day on Friday? Unless I've got that totally mixed up.
Late last year. Apparently, Formula 1 is trying to cut down on the days needed for a race weekend to ease the schedule & help the logistics teams get an extra day from Spain to Monaco.

Would be funny in a sense.

If so, could Carlos catch a break?
Max won last year, but Monte Carlo hasn’t been good for him either. Altough I would love to see him grasp victory again here, Ferrari seems to have the overhand for the second weekend in a row.

Charles will be the favourite to win
Apparently he's never even finished a race at Monaco in his entire career (although he has a classified finish of 18th in the 2018 race - brake failure eight laps from the end saw him hit Brendon Hartley).

With the FP1 omens also looming...

Yeah, couldn't see any reason why, but the TV director doing their usual sterling job of showing where the action/concern is....

Back