Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Don't get me wrong kids and old folks alike. Forza Horizon is a great game as far as driving games go. And if you all are just willing to settle for what you get then I guess it's as good as it's ever going to get.
As for the "I'm 30 kid" who likes all the Audis and bemmers, well, ok, cool. FH5 has everything you're ever going to want.
By the time I was 30 I had built and raced a multitude of real cars. So there is going to be a big difference in our expectations of the game.
As it has been discussed throughout this thread, the next series is less than expected. And that has been the norm for this game since the release.
Yes, this is a good game (no I won't call it a great game). It could be a great game. But the developers haven't tried to make it a great game. They have focused on making it a game for the masses. It should be a game for the car gaming enthusiasts
They are focused on the fact that the game drew 20 million players. But over half of those never played past the opening run. Never got to the first house.
There's just slightly more than 2 million players that are truly active players. Yet the PGG developers are still trying to feed the game to the 20+ million players who could care less about a car game and just want to ram people off the road in online racing.
This could be a great game but we'll just have to settle for good enough and see what happens with the next one.

1665507810788.png
kinda big no?

1665508286683.png

New Features
  • Horizon Story "Horizon Origins"
  • Midnight Battles
  • Unlocked for every 4 victories in Street Races after the release of the update, up to a maximum of 16 wins which will unlock all 4 Midnight Battles
  • Permanent Radio Station "Horizon Mixtape" which includes a selection of tracks featured in previous Horizon games
  • EventLab "Horizon History" Prop Pack
  • 28 Accolades
  • 8 Achievements
  • 7 Badges
  • Horizon games clothing items, emotes, and car horns
  • A sprinkle of nostalgic Horizon moments we're sure you'll be able to find pretty easily in this update 
New Cars 
  • Anniversary Edition
  • 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Anniversary Edition
  • Returning To Forza
  • 2010 Aston Martin One-77
  • 2010 Ferrari 599XX
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 2012 Eagle Speedster
Car Customization
  • 22 New ADV.1 Rims:
  • ADV.1 ADV05 M.V2 Standard
  • ADV.1 ADV05R M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV05RM M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV05S M.V2 Standard
  • ADV.1 ADV06R M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV06RM M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV07R M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV10 Track Spec Advanced
  • ADV.1 ADV10R Track Spec CS
  • ADV.1 ADV5 M.V2 Advanced
  • ADV.1 ADV5.2 M.V2 Advanced
  • ADV.1 ADV5.3 Track Spec CS
  • ADV.1 ADV5S Track Spec CS
  • ADV.1 ADV6 M.V2 SL
  • ADV.1 ADV6 M.V2 Standard
  • ADV.1 ADV6.2 M.V1 SL
  • ADV.1 ADV7 M.V1 Standard
  • ADV.1 ADV7 M.V2 CS
  • ADV.1 ADV7.2 CF.2
  • ADV.1 ADV7R Track Spec CS
  • ADV.1 ADV8 M.V1 SL
  • ADV.1 ADV8R Track Spec CS
Bug fixes
General

• Fixed an issue where there was little to no sound for Horizon Road Trip cars (Audi RS e-tron, Audi RS 7, Bentley Turbo R, Lynk&Co 03+, Nissan Sentra) for some users
  • Improved localized VOs for Made in Mexico Story
  • Added ASL and BSL cinematics in Hot Wheels Story missions
  • Added compatibility with Logitech G Pro Steering Wheel
  • Fixed an issue where the Club Tag was not getting displayed for some players
  • Fixed an issue where camera was shaking wildly while driving after Series 10 update
  • Fixed an issue where some players were experiencing bad lighting in tunnels
  • Fixed an issue where Force Feedback load sensitivity setting could cause Force Feedback to pull right on steering wheel devices
  • General improvements to ASL and BSL for various Story missions
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M4 where the roof was appearing transparent while in ForzaVista
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M4 wings turning purple when the car was painted, regardless of the colour applied
  • Fixed an issue with the 2019 Hyundai Veloster N where front and rear wipers animation was missing when raining or snowing
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 Lynk & Co 03+ where the back of both front seats were reflecting the ground while in ForzaVista
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 McLaren GT where certain tires were not showing paint on the stock rims
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS where parts of the car couldn't be painted with decals when widebody was equipped
Connectivity
  • Fixed an issue in Horizon Tour where the convoy leader was unable to start another matchmaking after failing the first one due to the "Too many players in convoy. Max 6 players" message
  • (Hot Wheels) Fixed an issue where starting EventLab events through LINK caused some players to receive "Unable to join the Convoy" prompts
EventLab
  • Fixed an issue with EventLab props disappearing after publishing Blueprints with a high-prop count
  • Developer's Note: In order to publish those custom blueprints which were missing props, creators need to edit their saved work, make sure to stay within the budget limitations which should be now correctly displayed through the UI and re-publish the custom blueprint.
Hot Wheels
  • Improvements made with some cars that were able detach from the Magnet track at high speeds
  • Fixed an issue with Horizon Stories in Co-Op where some users in the convoy were getting split up between sessions
PC
  • Fixed an issue where terrain deformation wasn't working properly for certain AMD-GPU users
  • Fixed an issue where some players were receiving a wrong GPU driver error message and couldn't launch the game
  • Fixed an issue where some players could observe black pixels on screen where in cockpit view

Last edited:
Lots of new voice over and sound effects (and possibly videos judging by the sign language notes) with an update like this, those are always heavy assets regardless of platform.

Steam version of the update might be in for some delays - it's the only version still not live, and the certification branch, not release branch, was updated at the usual time.

Don't get me wrong kids and old folks alike. Forza Horizon is a great game as far as driving games go. And if you all are just willing to settle for what you get then I guess it's as good as it's ever going to get.
As for the "I'm 30 kid" who likes all the Audis and bemmers, well, ok, cool. FH5 has everything you're ever going to want.
By the time I was 30 I had built and raced a multitude of real cars. So there is going to be a big difference in our expectations of the game.
As it has been discussed throughout this thread, the next series is less than expected. And that has been the norm for this game since the release.
Yes, this is a good game (no I won't call it a great game). It could be a great game. But the developers haven't tried to make it a great game. They have focused on making it a game for the masses. It should be a game for the car gaming enthusiasts
They are focused on the fact that the game drew 20 million players. But over half of those never played past the opening run. Never got to the first house.
There's just slightly more than 2 million players that are truly active players. Yet the PGG developers are still trying to feed the game to the 20+ million players who could care less about a car game and just want to ram people off the road in online racing.
This could be a great game but we'll just have to settle for good enough and see what happens with the next one.
It is a game for car gaming enthusiasts. It has the largest selection of cars of any game out there and any true car enthusiasts will be happy with most if not all the cars they add.

Those of that consider ourselves car enthusiasts are quite happy to have every generation of 911, Mustang, Camaro, BMW, etc. or at least I am that may not be the case for others.

Personally, I'd rather have cars like those than the latest Hypercar.

Well, I guess you have qualified a distinct differential between "Car gaming enthusiasts" and "Car enthusiasts who like car video games".

It seems there are the "car gaming enthusiasts" who take the games at face value and play them for what they are. Never mind if they miss marks here or there. Close is good enough as long as it's got enough cars

Then there are the true "Car enthusiasts" who have came to the gaming world. And for some there is more to being a car enthusiast than just the car count. And wanting a little more out of the isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the studios would actually listen and respond the game could be better for everyone.

Then there are the video game players who could care less about the cars. They just want to challenge the game. Don't care about car culture or anything else related to the game. Unfortunately, those are bulk of the gamers Microsoft T10, and PGG are going after currently.

If they would build the game specifically for the car gaming enthusiasts and the car enthusiasts, it might play to a smaller audience. But I have no doubt it would sell more DLC if they would build quality into the DLC.

PG added some new emotes like "Kareoke", as well as others like the one where your avatar is on their cellphone and throwing a toy airplane. :lol: Oh, and they also added a Honda Hoodie that's currently 🔒 hint hint?

I describe myself as a car enthusiast and I quite like having different version of some cars, because in my mind that’s different cars, plus I always welcome any addition in the roaster whatever they are.
I can agree with you on this point. But as a "car enthusiast" I have a group of about 10 cars which are my go to cars. Out of an almost full garage.

And as a car enthusiast, there is so much more I would like to do to this small group of cars. But since the developers are NOT car enthusiasts, the culture of the true car enthusiast isn't in the game.

Just take the hoods for example. We're on version 5 of Horizon and 7 of Motorsport. And still have only three options for hoods. How many different hood options could there be by now if they had just added one hood per game? Same with spoilers. Or fenders. Or bumpers.

And if you look at drag racing in all Forza games you really have to ask; have any of the developers ever been to a real drag race or even watched one on tv?

These are things I mean when I say this game had so much potential but missed the mark.

And for all this, the developers say, we listen. But they rarely ever do.

I can agree with you on this point. But as a "car enthusiast" I have a group of about 10 cars which are my go to cars. Out of an almost full garage.

And as a car enthusiast, there is so much more I would like to do to this small group of cars. But since the developers are NOT car enthusiasts, the culture of the true car enthusiast isn't in the game.

Just take the hoods for example. We're on version 5 of Horizon and 7 of Motorsport. And still have only three options for hoods. How many different hood options could there be by now if they had just added one hood per game? Same with spoilers. Or fenders. Or bumpers.

And if you look at drag racing in all Forza games you really have to ask; have any of the developers ever been to a real drag race or even watched one on tv?

These are things I mean when I say this game had so much potential but missed the mark.

Please just stop with all this pointless negativity. We get it, the game doesn't meet your standards. Please stop going on endlessly about it.

Please just stop with all this pointless negativity. We get it, the game doesn't meet your standards. Please stop going on endlessly about it.
Thank you. The last thing the GTPlanet forums need is more whiners/conspiracy theorists.
I mean it's alright in regards to constructive criticism, both in Forza and other games too.

Last edited:
Thank you. The last thing the GTPlanet forums need is more whiners/conspiracy theorists.
I have no issues with people voicing complaints or bringing up faults, it's healthy to have constructive criticism. What I don't like is moaning just for the sake of it.

Yes. And I'm well aware of that. Take my advice: Just ignore that guy. Same with KnightofRen, he's starting to get on our nerves.

Look, I didn't join in response of the two members migrating there but I joined because I love Forza, and I love variety. Same with wanting more Chinese cars like the XPeng, Lynk & Co, etc.

Last edited:
Then there are the true "Car enthusiasts" who have came to the gaming world.
of course it was the latent “purist” and “gate keeping” bull****.

always baffling that some people can’t fathom the fact that you can be a car guys and enjoy/take the game as the laidback casual enjoyment that it is. Hell it’s not perfect and for sure it can go in some direction but that’s not the case. it’s pretty fine game and frankly if you can’t find any enjoyment out of it just play something else 🤷‍♂️, or go back to building your real cars since you stealth brag about it.

Sorry for the rudeness, I don’t post a lot but I’m an avid reader of this thread and sometimes the condescending tone some use is really getting on my nerves 😐

Last edited:
Bubba! You need to look up the definition of negative. Nothing I've posted is really negative about FH5, if you read in the full context.

As video "car" games go FH5 is top of the heap. There's a lot of things it does. Some games do one thing better, but fall short in filling in areas where FH5 has it covered.

It would be great if we could get a game that really ticks all the boxes. And I'm sure, if you're 100% honest, you'd like to see a bunch of changes made within FH5.

Anything to make the game better.

What's negative about that?

Bubba! You need to look up the definition of negative. Nothing I've posted is really negative about FH5, if you read in the full context.
I read it and it is negative. Look, constructive criticism is fine. It's a good thing. What is not okay is how much you've been harshly criticizing FH5 as a whole for quite some time now. Let me go through it.
Ok, first of all, that is not true in the slightest. The developers ARE car enthusiasts. And car culture is clearly in the game. And plenty of it, from the little Peel P50 all the way to a Mercedes Actros racetruck. The devs know what they're doing, and to be honest, they're doing a fine job, and I don't want that to change.
You know there is such a thing called licensing, right? So your statement isn't exactly true.
False, as developers DO listen to feedback all the time.

You continually bring this up like a broken record. Seriously, are you like the new HyperSpeeder? Now, can we please just stop with the constant arguing? This is the very reason why forums turn toxic.

Last edited:
Well, I guess you have qualified a distinct differential between "Car gaming enthusiasts" and "Car enthusiasts who like car video games".

It seems there are the "car gaming enthusiasts" who take the games at face value and play them for what they are. Never mind if they miss marks here or there. Close is good enough as long as it's got enough cars

Then there are the true "Car enthusiasts" who have came to the gaming world. And for some there is more to being a car enthusiast than just the car count. And wanting a little more out of the isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the studios would actually listen and respond the game could be better for everyone.

Then there are the video game players who could care less about the cars. They just want to challenge the game. Don't care about car culture or anything else related to the game. Unfortunately, those are bulk of the gamers Microsoft T10, and PGG are going after currently.

If they would build the game specifically for the car gaming enthusiasts and the car enthusiasts, it might play to a smaller audience. But I have no doubt it would sell more DLC if they would build quality into the DLC.
Well said.

Back