Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
I'll never understand why so many people across the entirety of the internet are so defensive over this damn game. Is it good? For the state of the racing game market, yes. Is it the best? Heavens no. Does it have issues? Hell yes. The fact that there is this much negativity about the game across the internet speaks a lot about the quality of the game as a whole. Also, why are people so damn worried about talking about the negatives of the game? It's not like most of its positives are new and unique to this sequel. Pure positivity rarely generates worthwhile conversation. If anything, the people who keep whining about whining aren't exactly purging toxicity from the forum, their only making things worse because their whining implies that only positivity is valid, and criticism isn't welcome.

Bubba! You need to look up the definition of negative. Nothing I've posted is really negative about FH5, if you read in the full context.

As video "car" games go FH5 is top of the heap. There's a lot of things it does. Some games do one thing better, but fall short in filling in areas where FH5 has it covered.

It would be great if we could get a game that really ticks all the boxes. And I'm sure, if you're 100% honest, you'd like to see a bunch of changes made within FH5.

Anything to make the game better.

What's negative about that?

You could have just stopped at "FH5 isn't for me, I prefer other games" but you're banking so hard on the angle that FH5 should change to account for your incredibly personal and highly-specific definitions that you're nearly at a 90-degree angle, about to fall off.

No game on the planet is ever going to "tick all the boxes" because even if they somehow listened to every single one of your complaints, there will always be more proverbial "boxes" to find - in other words, there is always more any game could add. Ignoring the issue of the massive scope creep that it would cause, I reiterate that it's not the point of Forza Horizon 5 to be everything for everyone. There are more things it could do, yes. There are things that could be improved, some more importantly than others. But chasing car culture perfection in a single video game? It's a nice pipe dream but it's still a pipe dream.

"Anything to make the game better?" Because you think being an absurd pedant on GTPlanet is helping? If you're that concerned about the game's direction, why do you think voicing them here of all places is going to change anything? You aren't part of the development team. This isn't the MML3 Devroom. What you're doing isn't discussing, it's pedantry.

"What's negative about that?" You wanna talk about how negative and elitist you've been in this thread so far? Weren't you accusing everyone who enjoys FH5 to have low standards?
Sorry guys, I guess I just was never one to set my standards so low. Enjoy your game.

Oh look, yes you were.

Weren't you accusing the developers of having no idea what car culture is just because it didn't meet your expectations?
That the developers put these cars in a dedicated racing game in the first place was ludicrous. And putting them in Horizon is at best pointless. But more to my point. Including some off the wall cars and leaving out actual cars which fit well within the car culture of racing and a racing car festival atmosphere shows the developers total lack of knowledge of car culture. And their lack of knowledge of car racing experience both on and off road. In fact of all venues of car racing and building of racing and street cars and street rods.
This game has the potential to be so much greater than it actually is but it will never achieve more than what you see is what you get.
My expectations for FH6 are so low that FH5 is absolutely my last foray into the forza lineup of any kind even the next Motorsport. Which is likely to be just an update of FM7.
Planning on moving on from xbox anyway to the PS5 as soon as funds and units are available.
It's not so much the want of a serious racing game. But that the developers haven't a clue about the automotive world. As I first stated, this could be so much more than what it is. If the developers had a basic knowledge of cars and car culture. It just comes so close on so many levels. But just misses the mark so far on so many other areas. It doesn't have to be ACC or a PC sim racer. All they have to do is spend a few weekends out in the trenches on a Friday/ Saturday night learning about the night time car scene. Spend some time at a few tracks hanging with some race teams, learning about racing. Then I think they could turn this game around and make it an absolute killer game. Without getting into the full on sim racing world. I think they're going for too much of a general gamer player base and that's only going to make racing in this game more of a bash-fest and less of a great racing challenge.

Oh look, yes you did. Twice.

It's almost like the mass-market game is meant for the mass-market player base. Why in the world you want Forza of all franchises to change from what it's always been when there's dozens of more hardcore simulators on the market is incredible, honestly.

@The_Greaser I thought you said in a previous post you were going to ignore me? So please be a man of your word.

@SU_Tempest where did you ever read anything I wrote that I said FH5 wasn't for me? Such a silly statement when people can't even hold a conversation and just come back with that kind of a "well, oh yeah" comment. I enjoy the game, I don't enjoy mediocrity.

If there's honestly nothing about the game you guys want changed then just ignore me and move along. Because I don't intend on listening to people telling me to shut up.

If I can start a conversation with reasonable people who want to help improve the game that's great. And maybe the developers will listen and some of our input will get included in one of the future game releases. All the better for everyone.

I enjoy the game, I don't enjoy mediocrity.

You enjoy it so much you've spent most of your post history saying how the developers know nothing about car culture and how mediocre it is. So do you enjoy the game despite how mediocre you seem to think it is? Which is it, mate?

If I can start a conversation with reasonable people who want to help improve the game that's great.

Thanks for implying the only people in the room with reason are you and those who agree with you! That is not pretentious at all either!

If I can start a conversation with reasonable people who want to help improve the game that's great. And maybe the developers will listen and some of our input will get included in one of the future game releases. All the better for everyone.

Lol, lmao even.

If you're hinging all of this on "maybe the developers will listen on our my input" (fixed that for you, don't thank me), I'm sorry to say you need to prepare for some disappointment.

@SU_Tempest I don't know anything about you, your demographics, age, or your automotive background. But I do know this. There is a big difference in arguments and conversations. Seems the defenders of the game want to argue.
But to enter into a conversation about ideas for the good of the game takes a mutual appreciation of the game. It doesn't take absolute agreement. It takes discussion of the issues and ideas of change. If you don't want change then it's obvious, you don't belong in the conversation.

It's kinda funny how posters who repeatedly say they're going to move to a different console want people to ignore them but can't practise what they preach and ignore the posters who don't agree with their views...

I'm not sure whether PG are listening to everything that's being put forward on this forum besides obvious bug reports but we are, and have a right to voice our side of the discussion.

Every game can be improved but expecting a mass market product to cater solely to the demands of a vocal minority sounds like a fruitless endeavour to me.

Last edited:
@SU_Tempest I don't know anything about you, your demographics, age, or your automotive background. But I do know this. There is a big difference in arguments and conversations. Seems the defenders of the game want to argue.

Exactly, you don't know anything about me. You've already decided I'm a blind defender of the game. But if you paid attention to one of my earlier posts, you'd have noticed I am not without my criticisms of the game, I just have very different opinions on what the game needs more work on than you do.

But don't take me at my word, I'll do the work you should have done and show you exactly my own words.

Of all the things that are worthy of concern, if not criticism, like the dodgy servers and connectivity, the models that haven't had a real update since 10+ years ago, the repetitive selection of wheels, cars that could use more bodykits, or the unexplained absence of Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo, or who knows what else I forgot... this is what you're criticizing Forza for?

Your assumptions that I don't want "change" are just that. Cute.

I'm not bothering at this point. It's gotten to the point where it's just as bad as that discussion about a certain Chinese EV on the Forza forums. No hard feelings, but elitism isn't allowed tbh. I'll still enjoy FH5 for as long as I like.

I used to be an elitist when Forzacentral was still active. I was VERY vocal with how FM7 was handled and well, it was ugly.

Having said all that can we at least have a peaceful discussion instead?

I'm not bothering at this point. It's gotten to the point where it's just as bad as that discussion about a certain Chinese EV on the Forza forums. No hard feelings, but elitism isn't allowed tbh. I'll still enjoy FH5 for as long as I like.

I used to be an elitist when Forzacentral was still active. I was VERY vocal with how FM7 was handled and well, it was ugly.

I'd like to go back to discussing, actually discussing FH5 news as well. My apologies if I brought back bad memories.

@SU_Tempest
Of all the things that are worthy of concern, if not criticism, like the dodgy servers and connectivity, the models that haven't had a real update since 10+ years ago, the repetitive selection of wheels, cars that could use more bodykits, or the unexplained absence of Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo, or who knows what else I forgot... this is what you're criticizing Forza for?

Couldn't get the quote to work on your stuff. This is good conversation starter.
Servers and connectivity. Yes indeed, Microsoft and these are problems? I doubt this is a fixable problem if a major computer company like Microsoft is going to allow these issues. What ideas have you got?

Wheels, a problem I see with the wheels, it would be nice if there was an area where your favorites could be stored. Or just a sort function like the garage. Sort for; purchased, or favorites. But adding the ADV wheels was a step in a good direction. Honestly, the developers do listen occasionally.

The problem with them listen to us is we are talking to FH6 or FH7 development realistically.

Bodykits. Every time we talk about body kits people on the forums always rebuttal with "licensing". Licensing is a trivial issue the studio has teams of lawyers who do nothing but licensing. But along with bodykits, horizon has stuck us with three lame hoods for 6 games. Its time for some new hoods at the very least.

But they put out a generic forza spoiler for every car. They could put out a generic set of fender flares also. But please be a little more creative than they were with the spoiler. Maybe give us two options of forza spoilers and flares. I don't think those would require any licensing. Especially since all cars already can take the forza spoiler.

Let's talk!

Might be best to add the user in question to your ignore list and carry on.
Done. Seriously, it's a never ending trend of people hating on Forza and the devs because most of us aren't kissing nostagia's ass, or not cool enough to hate them. Like, don't come on here to announce the game suck or you're moving on, because quite frankly, nobody cares. There is nothing wrong with giving constructive criticism on a regular basis, because that's how we can improve products. But if you're just going hate on something you YOURSELF know you don't like, because the devs aren't doing (or giving) what YOU want, than you know what:
Go Get Out GIF by Halloween

Yeah. Me too. No hard feeling about the bad memories as that site is gone now. I read some comments about Forzacentral closing down on a FM reboot thread.
FC's closing down came a lot through Black not paying the server hosts, so the site would go down, esp. in a time where Forza was between titles. It came back for a while, but I think ultimately Black stopped caring.

Regarding what else was talked about, criticism is fine. But, there was definitely some opinions thrown out as facts & elitism towards whose a car enthusiast & who wasn't.

Last edited:
Okay, so apparently Everyday by Rusko (Netsky Remix) is actually on the file. but they make it only for Horizon Story and not unlockable on Horizon Mixtape.

I'll never understand why so many people across the entirety of the internet are so defensive over this damn game. Is it good? For the state of the racing game market, yes. Is it the best? Heavens no. Does it have issues? Hell yes. The fact that there is this much negativity about the game across the internet speaks a lot about the quality of the game as a whole. Also, why are people so damn worried about talking about the negatives of the game? It's not like most of its positives are new and unique to this sequel. Pure positivity rarely generates worthwhile conversation. If anything, the people who keep whining about whining aren't exactly purging toxicity from the forum, their only making things worse because their whining implies that only positivity is valid, and criticism isn't welcome.
Welcome to GTPlanet, Runoff. This is where the Forza fanboys live...

On the plus side, we don't have the censorship czars that lurk on the other forum.

Okay, so apparently Everyday by Rusko (Netsky Remix) is actually on the file. but they make it only for Horizon Story and not unlockable on Horizon Mixtape.
They'll probably remember to put it in the playlist in a later series.

Has anyone ever found a fix for the taillights looking like this?

1665555668282.png

All the weird pink bits everywhere, looking so unnatural. People don't talk about this much and I don't understand why.

Last edited:

I used to be on ForzaCentral as well a few years ago before the site went bust. Good times though.

Is that new radiostation not available yet?
I did manage to complete 3 of the 4 Night Battles so the update is in effect.

Last edited:
Back