Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
found this in file, does anyone know about this?
asdcwcf.PNG

Yeah, it's just the codename for the Senna - a fair few cars that were included close to their real-world reveal use codenames or model codes internally, right back to cars like the 458 Italia in FM4.

after yesterday's update I noticed in the files that they made a lot of changes to 20 or so cars.
in the car audio files also moved a lot.

I wouldn't read too much into the audio files particularly, they change every update and it's very unlikely that they're modified, their build toolchain probably just packages them anew each time. The unprotected / readable files haven't changed, just the ZIP files.

You continually bring this up like a broken record. Seriously, are you like the new HyperSpeeder? Now, can we please just stop with the constant arguing? This is the very reason why forums turn toxic.

Not that I necessarily want to drag that previous argument out or that I agree with them or how they have presented their opinions, but I just want to say I don't think it's fair to pin something like that on one person's behavior alone. It takes 2 people to have an argument and people don't always need to turn every comment they don't agree with into an argument.

In my opinion, counter posts filled with condescending "rofl kid cute argument" type responses and piling on with sarcastic or dismissive comments and downvotes and so on do more to make a community toxic than a few people posting hot takes that don't line up with the general consensus, even when they are presented in a poor manner.

Note that I'm not trying to accuse you of doing those things or directing that at anyone in particular, just speaking generally...

Has anyone ever found a fix for the taillights looking like this?

All the weird pink bits everywhere, looking so unnatural. People don't talk about this much and I don't understand why.
Perhaps people are just a bit used to Forza games having weird taillights... although I guess that has been more of a problem in the Motorsports series? I dunno, I've played so much of both when I close my eyes and picture some of the weird orange or extra dark taillights I guess I picture the car more than which game it was in.

The one that pops to mind most prominently is the C5 Corvette's taillights being weirdly different between sessions in... either FM6 or FM7. It could have 2 different "modes" depending on how the game loaded in. One was darker and almost looked like it had those aftermarket plastic slatted bezels, and the other way they would light up quite bright, but very orange-y instead of red. If I remember right, one of those would also light up on the brakes like the euro C5 taillights with a notch at the bottom where the reverse light should be.

I bet you hear that a lot.

I did some FH research yesterday down at Beaulieu in Hampshire. Now that's a place full of car culture and cars they really need to add in FH5. Like these five...

20221011_115524.jpg

20221011_120045.jpg

20221011_133108.jpg

20221011_144437.jpg

And these too!

20221011_142318.jpg

20221011_142401.jpg

20221011_143219.jpg

When are we getting those iconic Aston Martin's added PG?

Actually, I reckon Mr Nippy might be ok for the Cross Country. Even if tips over, everyone gets free ice cream 👍
;)

20221011_120929.jpg

Last edited:
Internal file name for cars are often used in forza. I guess they got the cars before the official name are announced.
There are :
Mclaren Wellington = Senna
Porsche Raymond = 911 (FM7 cover car)
Ford Phoenix = Ford GT (New one)
Lamborghini Bellisima = Centenario
ah, btw is there any new leaks in this new update so far?

Bodykits. Every time we talk about body kits people on the forums always rebuttal with "licensing". Licensing is a trivial issue the studio has teams of lawyers who do nothing but licensing. But along with bodykits, horizon has stuck us with three lame hoods for 6 games. Its time for some new hoods at the very least.
It doesn't matter what the lawyers do, if companies can't come to an agreement on licensing for whatever reason, then we don't get those parts or cars.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Found these icons, should be on upcoming series teaser

New bodykit coming up, the file itself named as Body_Kit.png
Body_Kit.png

Donut Media Story (So far there are 2 different stories/chapters related to donut media found in the file)

Donut_story.png

Stocky Collectible (basically car miniature Kickstarter made by Donut Media, they made Integra so far)
Stocky_Collectable.png

This one is interesting, it's named Test_Track.png

Test_Track.png

I'm still crying because of Alfa and Lancia. But then VW, Mitsubishi and Toyota and that gorgeous 458 LW kit prove that things are not that simple. It's not just having a bunch of money and influence. EA had an exclusive with Porsche but is still missing Toyota.
Definitely glad RB kits are back.

Also nice rewards for completing Midnight Battles.

Edit: @SU_Tempest Mitsubishi came within a month. Toyota however came after a year. Supra and Eliminator came together.

Last edited:
Wasn't there some kind of scandal regarding FCA Italy? I remember VW being left out of FH3 in part due to the Dieselgate controversy, if that was the case.

I'm still crying because of Alfa and Lancia. But then VW, Mitsubishi and Toyota and that gorgeous 458 LW kit prove that things are not that simple. It's not just having a bunch of money and influence. EA had an exclusive with Porsche but is still missing Toyota.
Definitely glad RB kits are back.

Also nice rewards for completing Midnight Battles.

Edit: @SU_Tempest Mitsubishi came within a month. Toyota however came after a year. Supra and Eliminator came together.

Oh I didn't realize Mitsu came back this early. In that case, here's hoping for a Christmas surprise. Would be awesome to find a 037 Stradale under the proverbial tree...

I'll never understand why so many people across the entirety of the internet are so defensive over this damn game. Is it good? For the state of the racing game market, yes. Is it the best? Heavens no. Does it have issues? Hell yes. The fact that there is this much negativity about the game across the internet speaks a lot about the quality of the game as a whole. Also, why are people so damn worried about talking about the negatives of the game? It's not like most of its positives are new and unique to this sequel. Pure positivity rarely generates worthwhile conversation. If anything, the people who keep whining about whining aren't exactly purging toxicity from the forum, their only making things worse because their whining implies that only positivity is valid, and criticism isn't welcome.
As a low post count poster you are probably not understanding what he's on about. He's not talking about the game at all, he's talking about how GTPlanet has spent years being the place for racing game fans to come and be constructive. Whining about games affects how those of us who want to be constructive and friendly can enjoy our forum.

It's not about censoring or "whining about whining" it's about avoiding the syndrome of many forums where you get a bunch of people saying negative things and reducing the tone of the discussion. So please just don't. Leave the negativity at the door, and instead enjoy neutral and friendly debate. It's a much nicer forum like that.

On topic again: I had a very completionist week in FH5 - I finally finished my car collection (some people decided to sell off their Celica '03s ahead of the update and I didn't mind spending 20m credits to finally get that one car which eluded me from early in the playlist) and I got 100% on Hot Wheels. Good week :)

Last edited:
Is there something I don't know about the BMW X6M, aside from it being uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly?

I'm running out of garage space, so I've been gifting like crazy to keep it below 990, but I thought I'd sell off some expensive stuff in the AH. Most stuff I can't set anywhere near the listed value, but the X6M I could list for over a million...

... and did, and someone insta-bought it.

The Test Track will probably be an Evolving World thing for the stadium. Or a new location on the map.
There are so many unused roads in the map - I would love for them to make an interesting 2-3 minute circuit with some variety as a proper "test" track. Heck, they can use those new rumble strip Event lab props too if they like.

Wasn't there some kind of scandal regarding FCA Italy? I remember VW being left out of FH3 in part due to the Dieselgate controversy, if that was the case.
Maybe there has been, but I’m not aware of one.

We don’t know why VW wasn’t in FH3. Neither VW nor PG have ever said why they weren’t in the game. Yes, the Dieselgate scandal had just happened, but we don’t know if that was the reason. People have just taken it on faith that that was the reason without any proof.

Is there something I don't know about the BMW X6M, aside from it being uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly?

I'm running out of garage space, so I've been gifting like crazy to keep it below 990, but I thought I'd sell off some expensive stuff in the AH. Most stuff I can't set anywhere near the listed value, but the X6M I could list for over a million...

... and did, and someone insta-bought it.
I believe the X6 M is a wheelspin exclusive car. The high value is most likely due to its relative rarity; you can't just get one from the autoshow whenever you want.

I believe the X6 M is a wheelspin exclusive car. The high value is most likely due to its relative rarity; you can't just get one from the autoshow whenever you want.
Huh. Well, I have two (well, one now I guess :lol: ) and wouldn't have bought one on purpose. I recall it being on the Playlist a while back, but to be honest I've written so many articles on season changes now I wouldn't be able to say for sure; they all blend into one.

Rocket Bunny returning would be a massive win for customization. We had 21 kits from them in FH4 - getting them all back would put us at close to 80 widebody kits in the game.

List of RB kits lost from FH4;

• 1997 BMW M3 E36
  • 2005 BMW M3 E46
  • 2003 Honda S2000 AP1
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R
  • 2015 Lexus RC-F
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7 (Boss Kit)
  • 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z (350z)
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R
  • 1998 Nissan Silvia S14 Kouki
  • 1994 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenki
  • 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R32)
  • 1992 Nissan Silvia S13
  • 1992 Nissan 240SX
  • 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 240
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ
  • 2013 Toyota GT86
  • 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
  • 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
  • 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk2
There's also been a lot of new RB kits designed since FH4 - some of which I'd love to see in FH5. Especially since the car they go with is already in the game.

• 2008 BMW M3 E92
  • 1991 BMW M3 (E30)
  • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
  • 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
  • 1990 Mazda RX-7 Savanna
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
  • 1997 Nissan Skyline R33 (Pandem)
  • 1992 Nissan Silvia Club K’s (Pandem V3)
  • 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 (Pandem V 1.5)
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT86 (Pandem V3)
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT86 (Rocket Bunny V1)
  • 2020 Toyota Supra A90
  • 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
My personal favorite (s)

17040400_RX8_a.jpg

17090700_2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back