Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
Hoonigan rs200 for danger signs, drift zones in both offroad and on road, for offroad speed traps, and for offroad speed zones. I can't even tell you how many I've done with that thing.

It usually works for most of them but for the ones it doesn't work on, the Rimac c2 usually gets it done. I've been using the #3 917lh for speed traps since it tops out at 289mph when properly tuned.

Last edited:
I tend to use the Rimac Concept One in two builds for either road or off road with the back jacked down for jumps, but if there's anything twisty such as Speed Zones then I use the Sesto Elemento FE as it's much more grippy, and finally a Formula Drift AWD Silvia for road-based drift zones and Hoonigan RS200 for off-road drift.

Hoonigan rs200 for danger signs, drift zones in both offroad and on road, for offroad speed traps, and for offroad speed zones. I can't even tell you how many I've done with that thing.

It usually works for most of them but for the ones it doesn't work on, the Rimac c2 usually gets it done. I've been using the #3 917lh for speed traps since it tops out at 289mph when properly tuned.
I also use Immac as it gives a close shave... :lol:

Hi , I’m having the same problem as you, did you find a fix for it yet ?
i just tried to remove all the existing tunes downloaded for each car. Eventually, had some space to put new tunes in. Try that first. Let me know if it works!

i just tried to remove all the existing tunes downloaded for each car. Eventually, had some space to put new tunes in. Try that first. Let me know if it works!
As far as I know this is the only known fix. However there's no way to know which cars have more than one tune besides individually auditing each one.

These days I try to operate a strict one in, one out policy on tunes, deleting a tune for each new one I add. If you do this while at a house or festival site the car will stay tuned. If you do it on the road though you delete the tune file without first removing it from your car so it's best not to do this.

Last edited:
I recently tested the Cairo track and it looks great. Now it could've gotten AI but it's a promising start. I used the modern 935 for it.

This is what my grind is for 20 points - do the Trial and a couple of other challenges, and done.

My schedule is usually to do both rivals and EV rivals if I haven't done them yet, then move onto the weekly, and then from there onto any daily that doesn't make me wanna pull my hair out, and then the seasonal pr stunts, treasure hunts and photo challenges, then for the final few points I'll do the hotwheels seasonal pr stunt. Bit of a roundabout schedule, but anything to avoid doing the trial.

Typically I do the Trial first, the 2 Eventlab races next, and then usually 1-2 PR stunts, and that'll be it for that week. I do the trial largely because of its point payout, and I've been lucky enough to usually not need more than 2 attempts to finish it in most instances (although the game has, on more than one occasion, awarded me with wins that my team very clearly didn't deserve).

Last edited:
Yeah that's been a strange bug ever since FH4 I believe, I remember back then I had the worst team ever and we lost both two races, but then it said we won before the third even started?! Bah whatever I'll take it.

Typically I cross off everything I can on the Thursday. Start with the Weekly Challenge, then the Trial, follow that up with the photo challenge/collectibles/whatever online event is there. Then the PR stunts, the EventLab races and championships, and then the DLC events after that. The Daily Challenge gets slipped in somewhere, and if its the start of a new series I do the Rivals events first, just so I can test the new cars and update my Horizon Promo as fast as possible. :P

Here's an oddity...

Forza Monthly shows only one EventLab and one Horizon Tour for the Winter Playlist:
1683802331615.png

As does the game:
1683802533377.png

But the social media preview shows two EventLabs and no Tour:
1683802410356.png

1683802437317.png

Which is right? We'll find out in three and a half hours, I guess...

Last edited:
The season playlist is part of the monthly update patch, so whatever the game is showing now for players is what will be used, and can't be changed without another update being pushed out.

It may be my imagination or wishful thinking, but I swear the braking has become more powerful and responsive after the latest control update, and is quite noticeable in my hypercars. Can someone corroborate?

I have to wonder whether there was something about huka22tauri's Japanese EventLab that somehow resulted in it being unsuitable for distribution.

The Lynk and MG TCR cars feel a bit OP in this week's Trial. I won both races with the Lynk and a teammate came second in the MG by a very, very wide margin over both the AI and the other human players... :lol:

Strange things happened in this week's weekly challenge.
Chapters 1 and 2 work correctly. However, the moment I finished the upgrade and left the garage, for some reason I had achieved chapter 3, and when I played chapter 4, the weekly challenge ended as it did and I got 5 points.

So, for verification, I asked my brother to play the same challenge on his account.
This time, as soon as he finished chapter 3, he had also accomplished chapter 4.
This is a bug I have never seen before... What is it?

The Lynk and MG TCR cars feel a bit OP in this week's Trial. I won both races with the Lynk and a teammate came second in the MG by a very, very wide margin over both the AI and the other human players... :lol:
Call me a masochist, but I may actually redo the Trial for fun with one of the TCR cars. I debated using one, but I didn't know if the races would be more speed based which is where those two falter, and with the usual player base I couldn't risk it. I used the M3 GTS instead, and was probably the least stressful Trial I've had incidentally, with all the players giving each other space and - the big shocker - actually slowing for corners.

Chapters 1 and 2 work correctly. However, the moment I finished the upgrade and left the garage, for some reason I had achieved chapter 3, and when I played chapter 4, the weekly challenge ended as it did and I got 5 points.

So, for verification, I asked my brother to play the same challenge on his account.
This time, as soon as he finished chapter 3, he had also accomplished chapter 4.
Same thing with me too bud, I definitely only did 3 challenges and the event completed for me.

I used the Lexus Track Toy for the event and got 2 third place finishes, the AI came first in a car on rails lol. We won overall though. I'll have to give it a go in the Lynk though now.

I had the same idea, and the Lynk was indeed very quick. However in one race I was beaten by someone in a Jaguar Project 7 which had been AWD swapped and clearly had significantly more power. So while I won race 1, race 2 is more of a power circuit and he outpaced me there.

This also happened to me yesterday as posted on the weekly playlist dedicated thread.
I didn't win my Festival drag race in the Ultima as a Koenigsegg CCGT beat me out but the game still awarded me objectives 3 and 4 of Situated Beyond (at the same time) anyway.

Last edited:
This also happened to me yesterday as posted on the weekly playlist dedicated thread.
And to me in testing for the article :D
Finally hit a speed of 180mph (289km/h) or more and hold it for ten seconds or more — easy enough in the standard car on the main highway, although we found it auto-completed after the drag race — to complete the challenge and earn five points and 80FP.

Back