Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,843 comments
Could you spot any sort of progression system alongside this mode, like the Eliminator got when it was introduced in FH4?

Swapping cars for hiders would be awesome - such a fun part of Failraces GTA vids is that he regularly swaps vehicles to keep it difficult for the seekers.

Still also seems unclear if you actually get to drive traffic cars as a hider, or you'll just appear as one on the seekers screen.

I hope you do actually get to drive the traffic cars - but I guess the vehicles would require extra balancing. No-one would want to be the Beetle versus say the Legacy B4, if they're in stock form.

Yes, there is a text mentioning "levelled up" but still unclear what kind of leveling up it will be

Maybe if you stay hidden long enough, there'll be a prompt if you want to stay in the car you're in, or pick a different one.

Last edited:
Something I just thought of; if this partnership PG announces at Gamescom is with a manufacturer, expect the theme of Hidden Horizons's Festival Playlist additions to be cars from that manufacturer. I don't think they'll make traffic cars directly playable unless they think it would be interesting to make even the seekers drive the traffic cars we see around the map.

What I'm betting they'll do is make the 'traffic' into cars we already have in game and set them to follow the usual traffic AI. When a player upgrades their car, some of the traffic cars spawned in will change to reflect their new ride, This feels like it'd be the least amount of effort for PG, if all they want to do is make a proof-of-concept mode for FH6.

Something I just thought of; if this partnership PG announces at Gamescom is with a manufacturer, expect the theme of Hidden Horizons's Festival Playlist additions to be cars from that manufacturer. I don't think they'll make traffic cars directly playable unless they think it would be interesting to make even the seekers drive the traffic cars we see around the map.

What I'm betting they'll do is make the 'traffic' into cars we already have in game and set them to follow the usual traffic AI. When a player upgrades their car, some of the traffic cars spawned in will change to reflect their new ride, This feels like it'd be the least amount of effort for PG, if all they want to do is make a proof-of-concept mode for FH6.
Regarding this, there is also a mention that the Hiders will use a rental car, i assumed this is the same kind of rental when you don't have a useable car for Trial

Regarding this, there is also a mention that the Hiders will use a rental car, i assumed this is the same kind of rental when you don't have a useable car for Trial
My guess is they'll have the '90s Legacy, Vocho, Tsuru and Galant as your rental choices, possibly just the Vocho and Tsuru if this is basically built off the Eliminator as a base. They're the closest to traffic cars that are drivable in-game.

I'll most definitely be getting the Focus, Fiesta and Camry the upcoming season. Those cars actually interest me as they have not appeared in any other game yet. I have always been a fan of the Focus ST, so getting the final generation is definitely cause for celebration. The Camry on the other hand will make for a perfect sleeper.

Fordza Horizon was a meme back during the FH4 days lol

It had ~80 Fords in various guises
Ford has always had strong representation; I remember ‘Fordza’ being tossed around as early as FM4.

It’s wild realizing that Forza’s all-encompassing car list now has more Fords than the dedicated Ford Racing 3 which had 55 (granted, that game is from 2004 and plenty of models have arrived since).

It's honestly only now that we're giving them grief about Mustangs specifically. :P If they ever add the street version of the Mach-E and bring back the King Cobra, we'll have every major version of the Mustang that's ever hit the streets--except for, of course, GT500s and the like. That thing is like Forza's Skyline GT-R at this point.

Love the two Ford hatches and especially the Camry. Look forward to cruising around Mexico in the Camry. Might even paint it up to look like an Aussie taxi haha. And kudos to PG for bringing back the M2 M3 and LC500 as rewards as I missed all three the first time around. Much appreciated

both him and Jez Corben said that its not Forza that is going to be that said game

BUT both said that its on pipeline and maybe is sooner than later, but not next week

here is a translation of Extax1s

Forza Horizon 5, on the other hand, there certainly have been, and it will be released in the near future.

When will it be announced? It doesn't matter if it happens this week, next week or the one after, but it's coming to PS5 in the next few months as I confirmed in my GIF and as many colleagues have already corroborated.

Some folks believe the announcement will be imminent, others not so much, but it's coming.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Last edited:
both him and Jez Corben said that its not Forza that is going to be that said game

BUT both said that its on pipeline and maybe is sooner than later, but not next week

here is a translation of Extax1s

This, if true, would be huge for PGG and the playerbase.

On the other hand

PS5= PlayStation 5
Play Station 5=Sony
SONY = Japan

FH6=JAPAN CONFIRMED
(insert shocked face over ai generated image of Mt.Fuji with a supercar driving towards it, with a pink sky and cherry blossom leaves)

I have always defended that everyone plays where they want, but Forza, Halo or Gears on PlayStation, it would be the definitive death of Xbox.

Even if in the future there was a replacement for Series X/S, the thinking of most people would be why buy it if I can play their games on PlayStation, PC and even Fire TV?

Currently on Steam you can play exclusives from Microsoft and Sony, but there are many people, including me, who prefer the comfort of a console.

If I'm going to be able to play Microsoft games on PS5 or who knows if on the Switch successor, I don't see any point in having an Xbox.

Thanks to Microsoft Rewards and Game Pass I have played more games than ever and for very little money, but if their games are going to be able to be played anywhere, they have lost me as an Xbox user.

From a business point of view I understand Microsoft, the losses in console sales could be offset by game sales on PlayStation/Nintendo and continue promoting game pass on PC.

But from the point of view of a video game fan, the lack of competition is never good, since taking into account that Nintendo is going on its own, I am afraid of what Sony can do in those circumstances.

After this speech, clarify that they are only rumors.
Nowadays anyone says something on social media and we go crazy talking about it.

for console gamers would be BAD, for some (including myself) could sign and spell the end of xbox as a console
That's exactly what I thought, for the Xbox brand and its fan base it would probably be very bad, unless Microsoft Xbox wants to become just a game developer.

FH5 - Gamescom - August, 21

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240815-103002-320.png
    Screenshot_20240815-103002-320.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 3
PG's probably just going to be there to reveal Horizon Hide and Seek, and maybe tease some of the cars we're getting in Hidden Horizons. That partnership is the only mystery, and even then I think it would be significantly more likely to be a partnership with a manufacturer to get a cover car lined up for FH6--with a side of 'have a Playlist consisting of nothing but cars from this manufacturer'.

What I'm saying is, this probably won't be much in terms of actual announcements.

PG's probably just going to be there to reveal Horizon Hide and Seek, and maybe tease some of the cars we're getting in Hidden Horizons. That partnership is the only mystery, and even then I think it would be significantly more likely to be a partnership with a manufacturer to get a cover car lined up for FH6--with a side of 'have a Playlist consisting of nothing but cars from this manufacturer'.
if i could guess, i think it is a paternship with BYD with a few of their cars going to the game

they had been trying to grow into european and international market, sponsored UEFA Euro this year in Germany, and still needs to tap into enthusast market

Coming back to this week's playlist:

• Both eventlabs were really fun. First we got a cross country route over the dark volcanic(?) rocky terrain which was a first for me, then we got a huge flowing race circuit using the new motorway tiles. Definitely worth a try.
  • The rivals challenge with the Durango Hellcat was clearly having a laugh. Give us an offroad race which starts in the city, in an SUV with far too much power and nowhere near enough grip. Great fun :D

if i could guess, i think it is a paternship with BYD with a few of their cars going to the game

they had been trying to grow into european and international market, sponsored UEFA Euro this year in Germany, and still needs to tap into enthusast market
Shot in the dark shower thought: What if it's NIO?

Arguably, what started this mess with Donut was a video they made that was essentially an ad for NIO's EVs in the United States. They were uncharacteristically sterile in that video, and its script basically went against their stance on EVs (namely, that they're cool but ultimately impractical and expensive to keep up with right now), along with basically issuing an ominous warning to Detroit as a whole that they'd eventually threaten their market share unless they learned to adjust their standards for EV design accordingly.

What this tells me is that NIO not only wants to be known for the EP9, they're also the only Chinese manufacturer willing to make a play in the US car market. Lynk and Co is mostly owned by Geely, who also owns Lotus and Volvo, two manufacturers T10 still deals with, and MG still has facilities in Great Britain, where Playground is, making it easier to scan in their latest car models even though they do most of their business in China now. Really the only odd duck out of all the Chinese manufacturers we have is Wuling, and they're probably just a case of someone at PG having a personal interest in their people movers. BYD would just be too much of a 'literally who' to announce a partnership with at Gamescom.

If NIO was able to strike a deal with Recurrent Ventures to get Donut to make an ad about their non-EP9 cars, then chances are they've made similar overtures to Turn 10 too. If we are headed to China in FH6, then NIO would be the ideal get for American audiences at this point.

I like how the P7 is so forgettable that ppl forget Xpeng is a brand in-game
For real, I didn't even know Volkswagen had a stake in Xpeng until I looked into them.

That being said they aren't really pushing into the US market quite as much as NIO. Xpeng just uses California as a testing ground for their self-driving car tech, NIO wants to be sold in the US by 2025. Forza could be their ticket to that if the masses don't protest their increased inclusion.

Do we have more than one smashable challenge this series? Unless this thing has been here for a while and I only just noticed.

Attachments

• tank.png
    tank.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back