Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,899 comments
Let me tell you a story about back in the days of Gran Turismo 4. There was a wishlist thread on this site (that I participated in), and there were numerous people who posted it on other sites claiming it was the actual car list for the game. It was amazing the amount of people who didn't have critical thinking skills and believed that it was true!
I think it was GT3 (because GT1 had ~200 cars, and GT2 had ~600 cars, so people thought GT3 would have many more), but I do recall the list was 2,000+ cars long and ended up being posted on a bunch of sites as a confirmed car list and then repeatedly posted back here as if people had found out the confirmed car list and were super excited to bring us this exclusive information.

Talking about GT1, GT2 and GT3, would be great to have more racecars like the Corvette C6.R GT1, Aston Martin DBRS9 GT1, Porsche 997 RSR GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Mercedes SLS GT3, Gallardo GT3, 997 GT3 RS (the GT3 racecar version) like late 2000s, early 2010s racecars. They were so cool, so clean.

(Inhale copium)

I think it was GT3 (because GT1 had ~200 cars, and GT2 had ~600 cars, so people thought GT3 would have many more), but I do recall the list was 2,000+ cars long and ended up being posted on a bunch of sites as a confirmed car list and then repeatedly posted back here as if people had found out the confirmed car list and were super excited to bring us this exclusive information.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was both!

no car pack?
1725638469064.png

Driving in playable-quality vehicles as a hider? Now that's obvious. Wait till a seeker sees that one of the traffic cars can't use their indicator lights on an intersection.

A new Polestar in the rivals?
Definitely. The C30 Polestar was leaked since FH4 iirc

Last edited:
Driving in playable-quality vehicles as a hider? Now that's obvious. Wait till a seeker sees that one of the traffic cars can't use their indicator lights on an intersection.
Yeah, no kidding. Gonna be hard to social stealth this anyway given what else they're giving the seekers.

I guess it's mainly a party game, probably not that aimed at solo players. But I do hope they take note of play testing results (for example YouTubers tend to play with 12 players so they will probably complain at only 6 players in a single game).

What I noted is that you can only "catch" the hider if you get a bunch of seekers close at the same time. This seems to be the gist of how the game works and requires communication. Not sure how that will work with randoms in practice. As a party game on comms it will probably be funny.

Last edited:
I guess it's mainly a party game, probably not that aimed at solo players. But I do hope they take note of play testing results (for example YouTubers tend to play with 12 players so they will probably complain at only 6 players in a single game).
They clearly balanced this for the typical size of Convoys, rather than streamer entourages. You're meant to play this in your squad, not with randoms. It ain't great for solo but as long as they don't have cars locked behind this I should be willing to let it live.

The Mitsubishi EVO III is finally confirmed, after being originally just in FM8.

Finally, a car from FM8 that's not part of a car pack.

Last edited:
Not sure about being made to do hide and seek as part of the playlist
I mean, that's to be expected, at least it sounds like it won't be a 40 point car week Series? As someone who already has about every single car I can afford not to engage with Hide and Seek.

Last edited:
I mean, that's to be expected, at least it sounds like it won't be a 40 point car week Series?
Yeah, only 20 points needed for new cars...

The hide and seek is 2 points. Only those who want to 100% the playlist will bother, I guess.

Edit: '22 WRX doesn't cause immediate posts. Unsurprising :D

Last edited:
Yeah, only 20 points needed for new cars...

The hide and seek is 2 points. Only those who want to 100% the playlist will bother, I guess.
Yeah, truth be told I'm glad they're not doing 40 point car weeks anymore. That got tiring real fast.

Anything interesting in the Hard-to-Finds? I'm still missing a Tsuru and a GTO Judge, those are my major missing rides.

Yeah, truth be told I'm glad they're not doing 40 point car weeks anymore. That got tiring real fast.

Anything interesting in the Hard-to-Finds? I'm still missing a Tsuru and a GTO Judge, those are my major missing rides.
Tsuru is one of the series rewards.

Back