FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Did around 50 or laps or so tonight, a couple of long runs in there but not a complete race distance, didn't even manage to get out of the 48's. Not sure where i'm losing all of the time but my chances tomorrow of a decent result are very slim as I look around 0.5 off everyone.

Yeah, similar sort of thing here. I set my 46.6 on my 10th lap and never did a run longer than 11 laps because I trying out some different settings. 46.5 is there but it'll have to be a perfect lap to get there.
Yea I would like to try a run where I pit after 10-12 laps and take just tires to see what the car can do with new tires and less fuel and try some stuff, but that takes forever

Yea I would like to try a run where I pit after 10-12 laps and take just tires to see what the car can do with new tires and less fuel and try some stuff, but that takes forever
If I do a race distance in practice to see pace, tyre wear etc, I'll usually throw some tyres on after to see what it can do. Haven't had time for it this time though. Maybe before the race tomorrow.

If I do a race distance in practice to see pace, tyre wear etc, I'll usually throw some tyres on after to see what it can do. Haven't had time for it this time though. Maybe before the race tomorrow.
I was planning on doing that myself this evening. I wonder how much faster the car will go after 15-20 laps

Yes 47.0 and .1's every lap for the race distance
And that's thing thing with RWD. Whilst being markedly less pronounced than in GT5/6, RWD's are able to lap much more consistently than a FWD that peaks and then falls off the pace.

And that's thing thing with RWD. Whilst being markedly less pronounced than in GT5/6, RWD's are able to lap much more consistently than a FWD that peaks and then falls off the pace.
Hopefully the consistency makes the car balance out over a race compared to the FF cars. Like u said they are quicker but harder to keep that pace up.

Couldn't put more than 3 laps together during a stint where the 3 lap times were within the same tenth. Messed around with camera views, ran 3 consecutive 47.6s in cockpit cam. In bumper view I could do 47.3s. I know the car can go faster... I'm just missing something in the setup to make it get there.

For those complaining about the Hyundai being slow, I ran a 46.83 in it at Brands Indy with only the transmission tuned and minimum rear aero and max front aero. This took like 7 laps and it was the first laps I've actually turned with this car at Brands Indy and I am by no standard anywhere close to alien. Optimum is just as quick as my Audi too

Except for the fact that the FFs don’t have a drop off in lap times either, sure.

Warm-up lobby open. See you all tonight.

20180623131807.jpg

CND 46.724 Q
RCB 46.795 Q
Filo 47.188 Q
GTPorsche 47.238 Q
ERAU 47.313 Q

WeatherSYstems 47.453
PlowKIng 47.846
StreetKing 47.856

Except for the fact that the FFs don’t have a drop off in lap times either, sure.
Unbelievably, furi was right! :lol: Although to be fair I was the hardest on my tyres out of all the Audis.

Let's Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Your pace was very quick. I set my PB on around lap 12 but over the rest of race I lost around 3.5 seconds as I couldn't keep it there for long.

Race 1 was really good. I was finally close to the aliens and got a podium. I could have stolen 2nd from @Ninners right at the end, had I got a better exit out of the final turn.

Race 2 was meh, got used as a wall three times at Druids and got stuck behind slower people for a long time, but still quite satisfied with 6th.

Race 3... I'd prefer not to talk about that.

Back