FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Probably the worst night of racing for me ever, just had 0 pace at all. If Brands is a VW track then i'm unlikely to make it through pre-qualifying next week.

Overall pretty ***** with the results tonight. Race 1 a P5 was very good and probably where I was pace wise (give or take).

Race 2 was stuck into traffic until got punted off into the gravel on lap 12 which put me back into P12

Race 3 - accidentally got punted of wide on turn 2 which put me back into P16 , had fight back from there... Ended up P11

Pace was 100% better than P12 & P11 but oh well.. we move on

Probably the worst night of racing for me ever, just had 0 pace at all. If Brands is a VW track then i'm unlikely to make it through pre-qualifying next week.

I must concur with Chris, bloody shocking weekend. Apologies to you Chris for excessive rubbing.

Sorry about missing today, my younger brother graduated high school this morning. if anyone else lives in EST and stays up all night like i do, lets practice for next week?

Late as hell but don't care:

PSN: GTP_RACECAR
Number: 32
Preferred car: Hyundai Genesis
Team / Independent: Independent
Team Name: PlayStation Racerworkz Team Hyundai

20180623173939.jpg

"After a brief stint last season filled with setbacks, PlayStation Racerworkz returns but now as a Hyundai team. With a much more firm part-time schedule and New partners, The team hopes to make far more races and see where it stacks up in the field."

The Peugeot and Renault need a little buff :dopey:
I am personally half a second slower at least with the Peugeot at Brands Indy, but others were actually faster in the Peugeot there than they were with the Audi there. I think it's all about driving style with that car. Not sure how the Renault stacks up since I haven't tested it since it got its last BoP boost in the preseason. Scirocco, Audi, and Hyundai are very close for sure though.

I predict the Hyundai will have the advantage at Tsukuba just based on the track and not the current BoP

I am personally half a second slower at least with the Peugeot at Brands Indy, but others were actually faster in the Peugeot there than they were with the Audi there. I think it's all about driving style with that car. Not sure how the Renault stacks up since I haven't tested it since it got its last BoP boost in the preseason. Scirocco, Audi, and Hyundai are very close for sure though.

I predict the Hyundai will have the advantage at Tsukuba just based on the track and not the current BoP
The first two turns seemed fine. I think the other models outperformed it on the 2nd and 3rd sectors. Just couldn’t get it to turn well enough.

The first two turns seemed fine. I think the other models outperformed it on the 2nd and 3rd sectors. Just couldn’t get it to turn well enough.

Peugeot is very much a "love it or hate it" car. You're either gonna be massively quick in it or terrible. @Andil got the Renault down to very low 47s without much running.

Set-up was massive. We got a tune off of @TNR_KING_FILO for the races and me and @LewisR3 tested it and we couldn't break 47.6's. Bang the other set up on, sub-47's possible.

To me for FWD:

Audi has edge in pure top end speed.
VW brakes and turn in are much better than other cars.
Peugeot as discussed above.
Renault seemed quite competent and certainly better pace than the monstrosity of T14 that could barely get into 47's.

Audi and VW are about dead even, Peugeot is ever so slightly slower, Reno is garbage, and Hyundai can be anywhere from good to hot garbage depending on the track.

Cars on this game are so sensitive to setup that your results can and probably will vary, however. I hate it.

My setup was killing me on turn-in, though it seemed no matter what I did with the setup, I couldn't get anything working right.

Cool thing was your car wasn't going backward...sad part was it wasn't going forward either it was just holding position really well.

Audi and VW are about dead even, Peugeot is ever so slightly slower, Reno is garbage, and Hyundai can be anywhere from good to hot garbage depending on the track.

Cars on this game are so sensitive to setup that your results can and probably will vary, however. I hate it.
Each track is different for different cars too

Cool thing was your car wasn't going backward...sad part was it wasn't going forward either it was just holding position really well.
Even in the one race I got forced backwards, I still got right back to where I had been in the previous two. At least I was consistently mid-pack.

Even in the one race I got forced backwards, I still got right back to where I had been in the previous two. At least I was consistently mid-pack.

Yeah that was actually really nice, you were either 8th or 7th most of the time in a car that had the ability to be improved. Better luck in Japan.

Brands Indy and Tsukuba are the 2 worst tracks for the Renault and Peugeot. The Renault has the best top speed and does better on higher speed tracks. The Peugeot has the best acceleration of all the cars, so it also needs more of a straight than brands and tsukuba have. The Audi doesn't have the top speed advantage of last season thanks to the new specs. Audi is good in high speed turns. Vw is good in low speed turns.

Obviously. I'm talking on average.
Well I'm beginning to think that setups are going to vary more depending on the track a lot more than before where you could basically run the same setup anywhere in the GT titles

Well I'm beginning to think that setups are going to vary more depending on the track a lot more than before where you could basically run the same setup anywhere in the GT titles
We only change the gearing, which is a must now. The rest, once you've hit something good you're set, but until you hit something good you're gonna have trouble.

Alright. First up Stewarding. For all intents and purposes I will not list every reported incident but only those which have resulted in penalties. Stewards review the races individually and an incident may not have to be necessarily reported for Stewards to act on it.

As a reminder to all, "Strikes" are given for incidents. It is possible to accumulate multiple strikes through a season. Once applied, a strike lasts for the whole season. Multiple strikes have the following effects:

3: Back of the grid for Race #1 of the next meeting (driver may not run laps in Q2).
4: 10 point penalty to Overall championship score.
5: 1-race ban.

Warnings are a precautionary slap on the wrist.

Round #1
@rcb929 & @Ninners - @rcb929 is a little too forceful on entry into Druids. Second hit on corner exit is lag-related. Positions swapped. (OLD: 01 RCB, 02 NIN - NEW: 01 NIN, 02 RCB)

@DrifterJoe - Strike & +5 second penalty for unsafe track re-entry Lap #15, resulting in collision with @TNR_KING_FILO

@cnd01 - Strike & +5 second penalty for unsafe track re-entry Lap #4, & incident with @chrisjohnson93 Lap #8. (OLD: 07 CND, 08 JON, 09 FUR - NEW: 07 JON, 08 FUR, 09 CND)

Round #2
@cnd01 - Strike & +5 second penalty for incidents with @Foxed & @LewisR3 . (OLD: 13 CND, 14 PAN - NEW: 13 PAN 14 CND)

Round #3
@Furinkazen Strike & +5 second penalty for unsafe track re-entry and stopping on track in a dangerous place Lap #22, resulting in collision with @LewisR3

@LewisR3 Strike & +5 second penalty for unsafe track re-entry Lap #2, resulting in collision with @chrisjohnson93

Warnings for Driving Standards:
@bigbeefytaco @CrazyJohn @Espial

Summary of Overall Strikes:
1x - @DrifterJoe @Furinkazen @LewisR3
2x - @cnd01

Standings:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
We only change the gearing, which is a must now. The rest, once you've hit something good you're set, but until you hit something good you're gonna have trouble.

Having done some running with this seasons Brands set up at other tracks, I'm sure that last season we had the exact issue Lancer talks about - not having an ideal setup. The setup I used at Brands on Saturday I've tested with the most minor adjustments on other tracks and it seems great everywhere else.

Wow so basically the precedent has been set so that anything that hurts a team member of a steward regardless of whether it's our fault or they raced you that way results in getting absolutely gut punched. I also know that now I'm going to get reported by anyone and everyone now so bye bye my chances. At this rate, I'll be suspended for round 4 when I watch 3/4 this field do exactly what I did and worse if Brands Indy was anything to go off of 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Wow so basically the precedent has been set so that anything that hurts a team member of a steward regardless of whether it's our fault or they raced you that way results in getting absolutely gut punched. I also know that now I'm going to get reported by anyone and everyone now so bye bye my chances. At this rate, I'll be suspended for round 4 when I watch 3/4 this field do exactly what I did and worse if Brands Indy was anything to go off of 👍👍👍👍👍👍

You know the main discretions you did (which I'll mention here as you've no issue bringing it up it seems) involved rejoining the track at a 90 degree angle and taking Fox off? I had final say in matters regarding anything involving ECM, and I had no input on anything to do with Lewis.

We also have an external driving standards advisor who I can call up if you're still not happy.

You know the main discretions you did (which I'll mention here as you've no issue bringing it up it seems) involved rejoining the track at a 90 degree angle and taking Fox off? I had final say in matters regarding anything involving ECM, and I had no input on anything to do with Lewis.

We also have an external driving standards advisor who I can call up if you're still not happy.
Also getting a penalty for an incident that I reported... I'm real happy about that. Have no clue when fox got taken off. He was probably too busy slamming the brakes and cutting people off on a part of the track that's flat out

Back