FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
FWD's do all look good now. Certain unknown element though this weekend as post update not knowing where many drivers are pace wise. My laps feel decent, cars feels great, no idea where most others are though.

Hopefully i'm not painfully slow this weekend, the added variable of the physics update hopefully works in my favor so that I can get a decent result.

FWD's do all look good now. Certain unknown element though this weekend as post update not knowing where many drivers are pace wise. My laps feel decent, cars feels great, no idea where most others are though.
Haven't turned any laps yet, so I have no idea what I'll be running come race time. Could be some surprise winnners

Haven't turned any laps yet, so I have no idea what I'll be running come race time. Could be some surprise winnners
5 transfer spots and a few absentees due to the VRR 1000, could be a chance for some big gains for some drivers needing to kick start their season.

Warm up lobby open. .6 and 0.7's consistent here with 0.5 very much a chance. Not the fastest but feels very driveable and around this place in traffic that's needed.

I'll be back for the rest of the races, need to sort my tune to be able to fight those audi's! Lol as some of the links are broken, where is the next race?

Better performance tonight, still missing a slight bit of pace that would put me into the midfield where I used to be. Was also nice to have some decent battles without being overwhelmed by my lack of pace.

I had a wonderful race evening. Had some brilliant fights the first race with @chrisjohnson93 joeofthefire @Yeratel84 and @GTPorsche as we were driving five of us pretty close ratio for a few laps. Even if some are faster when you drive together the race pace is pretty high.

XNAYsezn.jpeg

1aEvRbKA.jpeg

The second race was little more difficult since again people who are faster somehow feel they are entitled for a special treatment where those who are slower need to let them pass. It just doesnt work that way. You can be faster but you need to find your spot. I think me and @Espial did brilliant defending for a lot of laps.

Sadly I made a mistake some corner so ended up dead last. Knowing my race pace is pretty high starting first on the last grid really gave me a chance for a podium finish if I could be lucky behind me some cars would be stalling the faster guys.

I was able to be in first position for 8 minutes after the start ! @rcb929 was behind me almost all the time not really finding any gaps so pretty much staying behind me. He is being hunted by GTP-nin himself so is eager to pass me. But if I am in the lead for 8 consecutive minutes so about 10 laps straight it is understandable I cannot let somebody pass me straight away the first attempt.

I watch the replay at 8:08 min and that particular corner needs to be entered from the inside. At the moment I am at my brakepoint and I turn in, Rcb929 is not even past my car so he cannot claim the position.

QxyUgSYi.jpeg

So he needs to step off the gas this is not a spot where I can give room. If he would be next to me already it would be a different story altogether. Taking into account my pace and first position I dont see any mistake.

At 9:35 I did made a little mistake going to far to the left but you were not harmed that incident. And I honestly thought there was room for me between you which is not very strange thinking. Two cars passing me is not as logical as one car. When I felt contact I immediately gave you enough room there you can see that clearly in the replay.

That same moment Moleman is crashing in as if he owns the track not braking at all. He is clearly hitting me first and going pretty like a lose cannon and reclessly. Racing does not mean taking every opportunity and blaming on the one that is fighting for position. I think I reclaim my position pretty fair without contact at 9:48 min.

Then at 10:23 you can clearly see I am leaving all the room for Moleman. If I was not a fair driver I would not be doing that. That contact at 10:27 is just bad luck and a race incident. Fact is that my car is up front so there is no way that I can be blamed for this. You seem to not leave enough room for me. I think this is a race incident and I have proven that I am aware of your position and clearly leaving room for you.

So before blaming somebody after the race maybe first looking at the replays would be better.

With this you also need to have in mind that for someone like me qualifying at the midd/back racing at first position is something special. So you will never give away your position so soon. I am sure you can understand the adrenaline that I feel. I had also @Ninners for little more than 2 full laps behind me before he could pass me. So those kind of things make me proud and makes the reversed grid so entertaining. I am sure he will not feel I was driving unfair. Congratulations to your tripple victory very respectful driving !

Last edited:
I had also @Ninners for little more than 2 full laps behind me before he could pass me. So those kind of things make me proud and makes the reversed grid so entertaining. I am sure he will not feel I was driving unfair. Congratulations to your tripple victory very respectful driving !
Just try not to move around too much in the braking zone. Your defending was good around me and I wasn't going to take a massive divebomb to try and pass you, but when you cut back over in front in the braking zone it leaves you vulnerable to a punt into the wall. If I had braked much later your race would have been ruined, which is what happened to other drivers.

At 9:35 I did made a little mistake going to far to the left but you were not harmed that incident. And I honestly thought there was room for me between you which is not very strange thinking. Two cars passing me is not as logical as one car. When I felt contact I immediately gave you enough room there you can see that clearly in the replay.

That same moment Moleman is crashing in as if he owns the track not braking at all. He is clearly hitting me first and going pretty like a lose cannon and reclessly. Racing does not mean taking every opportunity and blaming on the one that is fighting for position. I think I reclaim my position pretty fair without contact at 9:48 min.

Then at 10:23 you can clearly see I am leaving all the room for Moleman. If I was not a fair driver I would not be doing that. That contact at 10:27 is just bad luck and a race incident. Fact is that my car is up front so there is ni way that I can be blamed for this. You seem to not leave enough room for me. I think this is a race incident and I have proven that I am aware of your position and clearly leaving room for you.

Re: 9:35, yes I mis-judged the braking slightly, but I slowed my car down to allow RCB to regain the position, without running him off the road. He didn't lose a position because of it, and indeed we both stayed on the tarmac.

Re: 10:23, and the same thing a few laps later - you are still turning left on the way into the right hand corner, resulting twice in pushing me into the barrier. You can't swing out wide to take a better line if there is a car already on that line..!

I made the same overtake on numerous people without issue, yet twice when I try it on you, you put me in the wall, twice. The second time you do it is actually a lot worse than the first one. The first one is marginal because I also squeeze you to the kerb, so arguably I leave you little room for manoeuvre. But the second one you make absolutely zero effort to leave me any room.

Note that myself, Furi and Lancer actually went THREE wide into that corner, and neither of us ended up in the barrier! So having some better observation and awareness does go a long way to avoiding having someone off the road.

Next time I know not to try around your outside because you will just run me off the road. It is the sort of thing that you get to learn from racing against others, you know who you can trust to leave you space and who you can't.

@Ninners Thanks for your advice, really appreciate that. I do think my defending was the same with them. But you clearly wait for the right spot so I am less nervous. You stay calm behind me. The other ones are moving all over the track as well. It triggers other parts in my brain.

But just wanted to let you know its not very logical for me to drive in that position and doing fairly good so some minor race incidents should not be blamed fully under those circumstances. And watching the replay back I think I did pretty well and not so bad as it may seemed for some during the race.

So I hope I can keep my points and no warning is needed based on the fact I left space there where it was needed.

Re: 10:23, and the same thing a few laps later - you are still turning left on the way into the right hand corner, resulting twice in pushing me into the barrier. You can't swing out wide to take a better line if there is a car already on that line..!
You can see clearly at 10:23 I am leaving room for the car left of me. I normally drive completely at the left at that section and now I am staying on the right. So that means I am aware of the driver left of me leaving him room. He is not leaving room for me and his car is def not past my car in any way. So this is not me to blame just a race incident along with him staying to far to the right.

Did you analyse that properly cause I cannot agree with you there.

I made the same overtake on numerous people without issue, yet twice when I try it on you, you put me in the wall, twice.
Can you tell me the minutes of the race where you hit the wall twice because of me so that I can check this and react ?

Last edited:
Should also say, was some good fun races! Wasnt really a fan of this track but was close fun racing regardless. Been a long while to actually be able to make one of these races. Can make next weekend too.

Reno is quite a **** box but hopefully it will go better at Interlagos. Just a bit of fun trying a different car for once really.

Discounting results really enjoyed tonights racing. Some elbows out driving at times but was all fair and really close. PD physics update partially responsible but from a competition point of view Interlagos will be nuts if it is as close as tonight.

Counting results, well another podium after Brands GP last season and some top 6 finishes, really pleased with the evenings results. I'd say overall i'm performing at close to my maximum level in this car now. Hopefully a third decent week at Interlagos where my crystal ball says me and @LancerEvo7 take a win apiece ;) :P

Back