FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
This weekend was by far the cleanest driving we've had this season. I think the large number of laps allowed more opportunity to pass people. I think it's worth looking into for next season possibly increasing the number of laps for the reverse grid races

To me an option would be 2x 30min, so one race and one reversed grid. We already have 3x 20 min of racing which is pretty much. I dont understand why adding more time will change anything.

Just drive fair and let me start on pole in the reversed grid and the rest is history.

20 mins is still by far enough. @cnd01 the races are all same length, it's just the fact people yesterday actually seemed more patient (like yourself) and that worked in their favour and the quality of driving. This format's worked for 15 seasons and over 300 races... if it isn't broke don't fix it!

Increasing the time won't change anything. For the top guys the championship all comes down to how fast you can get through traffic, if you're not getting to the front within say 10 minutes you're not likely to win the race as another fast driver (if not a few) will usually have beaten you to it and be too far ahead to catch. The only thing that can effect how clean the driving is is how often there is a good overtaking spot.

if you're not getting to the front within say 10 minutes you're not likely to win the race as another fast driver (if not a few) will usually have beaten you to it and be too far ahead to catch.
This season there's been a few trying to make it in the first couple laps, then the rest of the top guys have to follow suit. That's why we've had so many incidents in reverse grid races this season.

This season there's been a few trying to make it in the first couple laps, then the rest of the top guys have to follow suit. That's why we've had so many incidents in reverse grid races this season.

Well as long as Furi keeps on top of penalties they will soon learn their lesson (so you're all screwed basically :lol:). Getting through the field quickly requires a lot of practice and how fast it can be done is entirely track dependent which is something you have to understand to not get impatient. Anyone who thinks that every track will allow you to get through the field in 2 laps is going to cause incidents, some tracks will allow it like Monza but some you'll struggle to get through before the half way point. Luck plays a big part as well, you can easily be caught up in someone else's incident or get shuffled back from being in the wrong place at the wrong time so it's not surprising some people get impatient through lack of experience in being a front runner.

20 mins is still by far enough. @cnd01 the races are all same length, it's just the fact people yesterday actually seemed more patient (like yourself) and that worked in their favour and the quality of driving. This format's worked for 15 seasons and over 300 races... if it isn't broke don't fix it!
I still got punted a fair bit, and I only got back to 2nd both times because of incidents in front of me at about the halfway point in both reverse grid races. I also think some people are realizing that mirror driving the faster guys especially early in the race slow themselves down just as much as it holds up the faster drivers

I still got punted a fair bit, and I only got back to 2nd both times because of incidents in front of me at about the halfway point in both reverse grid races.
I'd blame that more on the track being tight more than anything. This week was by far the best round we've had in ages. VRR should hold big races more often.

I'd blame that more on the track being tight more than anything. This week was by far the best round we've had in ages. VRR should hold big races more often.
I think the primary factor making it difficult to pass is because this is the first week that the field as a whole was a lot more even. I think last in qualifying was still within a second of the pole time

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of racing here. This track is a good choice. Wide enough and with 2 passing zones

Stewarding:

Race #1:
1x Strike and +5 sec time penalty for @LewisR3 for incident with @Yeratel84 - puts Lewis from 10th to 13th.
Warning for @Furinkazen for incident with @Andil

Race #2:
Warning for @LewisR3 for incident with @rcb929

+3 sec time penalty for @rcb929 for incident with @Yeratel84 - puts RCB from 10th to 12th.

Race #3:
Warning for @Furinkazen for incident with @rcb929

1x strike and +5 sec time penalty for @Macboyilija for incidents with @Andil - puts Macboy from 5th to 10th

Overall summary of strikes (season):
1x @DrifterJoe @Espial @Furinkazen @LancerEvo7 @TNR_KING_FILO @Macboyilija

2x @cnd01 @CrazyJohn @LewisR3

Hyundai BoP Fix post-update.
+1% power on current spec. @rcb929 @Panoz @RACECAR @FireEmblem10
unknown.png

Standings:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
He guys sorry to say, but I am out of the competition. I got a 5sec penalty for 3 incidents for which I think I prove after the race 2 of them were absolutely not correct. I also showed the pictures to the stewards. To me it is clear this should have never been a penalty.

I dont know if there is something wrong with the lag or position from the cars in different replays but from my perspective the incidents were hits against me. So either there is something wrong with the game, or something else is going on.

Just wanted to say I really loved our race saturday untill the “bad words” came afterwards. I wanted to explain from my position they were not correct. Cause I always give room and am aware of my position on track and can give positions back when I make a mistake. But it clearly did not help getting 5s punishment.

My positive vibe from the great race is completely gone. Based on some other minor “incidents” I had with you as a group I decided to withdraw from the competition.

Last edited:
Im gonna be on tonight practising in a lobby, Interlagos right? Any particular layout or car settings I need to change? Feel free to join. PSN: GTKinky97

Seriously? I might as well start in another country.

unrelated note: setup pls
What car are you driving again?

General note for FWD set-ups - More camber on back than front, higher front springs, max front aero min rear.

Back