Funny/Strange News Stories

I'm reminded of some festival here (I think it was on the Atlantic coast) labelling itself "boutique". If only that went the way of Fyre. :grumpy:

DK
I'm reminded of some festival here (I think it was on the Atlantic coast) labelling itself "boutique".
I don't get the fixation with status that some people have. I really don't. Am I supposed to think highly of you because you drive an expensive car or wear designer clothes? It must be exhausting to spend so much time and effort being seen to live such an extravagant lifestyle, and it seems so completely hollow to me.

Man Sues Airline for Seating Him Next to Two Obese Passengers

I can relate to this as someone who had to sit next to a rather rotund woman on a one hour flight in a Dash 8 recently:irked:. And she stank too:yuck:!

An Australian man has leveled a broadside against American Airlines — for seating him next to two plump passengers on a 14-hour flight, an ordeal he claims left him with permanent injuries..... He said his squashed position by the window during the long flight worsened his scoliosis — or spinal curvature — and caused lower and upper back injuries as well as neck bruising.

The Wollongong resident is suing the airline and seeking more than $100,000 in damages.

If you think that's an overreaction you must have never watched professional soccerball.
As it turns out, it was a protest against same-sex marriage:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...-to-press-charges-against-pie-thrower/8513596

Because smacking a CEO in the face with a lemon meringue pie during a press conference is ... actually, I have no idea how to finish that sentence. The media has been weirdly specific in pointing out that it was a lemon meringue pie though. I guess that the statement would have been less pointed if he'd used blueberry pie.

Because smacking a CEO in the face with a lemon meringue pie during a press conference is ... actually, I have no idea how to finish that sentence.
If this was a game, I'd go with this entry:
Because smacking a CEO in the face with a lemon meringue pie during a press conference is ...
...gonna get you a slap from Wendi Deng.
The media has been weirdly specific in pointing out that it was a lemon meringue pie though. I guess that the statement would have been less pointed if he'd used blueberry pie.
Didn't Homer Simpson The Pieman in The Simpsons use blueberry pie? Perhaps it's to make the distinction so we don't think it's him.

If this was a game, I'd go with this entry:
Because smacking a CEO in the face with a lemon meringue pie during a press conference is
Actually, now that I think on it, I recall that Joyce was one of a number of CEOs who made a public statement supporting marriage equality. But that was months - maybe even a year - ago.

So if you come along and hit the side of it, a McLaren might fall out?

You gotta hit it pretty hard, though:

wrecking_crane.jpg

Ian Brady (child killer) music quiz on Radio Leeds goes down as well as you'd expect. That's despite the inclusion of such classics as "Brady Bunch" and "Suffer Little Children". BBC.

Meanwhile, at Walkers Crisps' social media department:

The "Walkers Wave" campaign asked social media users to respond to a tweet from the official Walkers Crisps Twitter account with a selfie, using the hashtag #WalkersWave, as part of the chance to win the tickets.

The user's picture would then be incorporated into a personalised video, featuring Gary Lineker, automatically tweeted and captioned by Walkers.

Particular emphasis on "automatically" - you can probably see where this is going..........

DAsCV3MXoAAxAN9.jpg

walkers2.jpg

walkers3.png

Back