Funny/Strange News Stories

So why is it still legal for average joe to buy explosive devices in America even if they are weak explosives?

Every state has their own laws on fireworks. Here in Illinois, the best we are allowed to buy are sparklers. We have to go into Indiana to get the good stuff. Harmless fun if used with safety and precaution.

As for your question, I assume it is the same reason I can walk into a store and buy matches, lighters, torches, etc. or go fill up my gas can at the local station.

So why is it still legal for average joe to buy explosive devices in America even if they are weak explosives?

Given how easy it is to make your own there's hardly any point in limiting the sale of fireworks. Mrs. Ten makes excellent gunpowder* but then she likes running up and down fields waving a musket and shouting.

*EDIT: Black powder

Given how easy it is to make your own there's hardly any point in limiting the sale of fireworks. Mrs. Ten makes excellent gunpowder* but then she likes running up and down fields waving a musket and shouting.

*EDIT: Black powder
Reading that a few moments after being woken up I read it as "running up and down fields waving a musket and shouting black power"!

Dont know what is more funny that a local council cant deal with a fox or people are getting scared of a fox which rarely ever attack people without provocation
20170713_084409.jpg

This hotel in Amsterdam searches for the legitimate owner of this latex suit.
News which goes viral is in Dutch but quick translation: a group of english tourists forgot this latex suit and they have not responded yet. So the hotel is also thinking about donating it for charity....normally they donate lost or forgotten items to Red Cross but it this case....

Maybe the right owner from the UK is also on GT Planet and he/she forgot it completely? Then you know you can collect your black suit at the Volks Hotel Amsterdam

http://www.telegraaf.nl/tv/vndg/28633794/__Vergeten_sekspak_gaat_viral__.html

Is that genuine? It all looks a little "Beadle's About" to me... but then life is often stranger than fiction :)
I forget the details now but I have a feeling that one of the messages of that exhibition was relating to the selfie type culture. I could be remembering that wrongly.

Only funny from a distance: new homes in Mexborough will be right on the HS2 rail line. I mean right on the HS2 rail line. BBC.

Just seen this while eating my bowl of Shreddies. Had to shake my head a little. Incentently Phase 2b is going to take down an office building next my workplace. Should be interesting.

Five men in court accused of misusing the camera equipment on SYP's helicopter. BBC.

Nice to see Police helicopters are being put to good use :ouch:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...e_brazenly_having_sex_in_garden___trial_told/

And people thought drones were the ones to worry about!

It's taken this long to come to full trial? That's ridiculous.

Fascinating defence - the couple knew they were being filmed by their friend in the helicopter and deliberately put on a show. Welcome to South Yorkshire :)

Fascinating defence - the couple knew they were being filmed by their friend in the helicopter and deliberately put on a show. Welcome to South Yorkshire :)
It's a bit of a defence.
Misuse of police time and equipment isn't as bad as misuse of police time and equipment to spy on unsuspecting people having sex.

Back