Funny/Strange News Stories

Just wondering, is the true or something people just say when opposing Trump?

Is there evidence of his racism? I've never encountered any that's why I ask.

I'm sure he has made a racist remark or two somewhere along the line, and nowadays the definition of "racist" is pretty broad; I've been called a racist for saying I don't like some of the things Obama had done, for instance. But I think it's an accusation that's way overblown if not an utter fabrication. As you say, I'd like to see the evidence.

It still requires American citizenship to be POTUS, so even with all the money in the world a non-American couldn't run for office.

...Ohh, I wouldn't dismiss the power of an incredibly deep wallet just yet. Wait until Elon Musk becomes the next POTUS. :lol: (Obvs is a joke.)

Well if you are a US born citizen you could become POTUS, I am look at Trump.

Well, that brilliantly makes my point. I'm not an US citizen, so there you go.

A racist bigot became POTUS and he has no political experience.

That is one can of worms I'm not willing to open in this thread.

The only experience he has is some business skills and those are questionable as he has declared bankruptcy 4 times.

Well, you should raise the issue with the folks that voted His Donaldness into office. In the relevant thread, of course.

I'm sure he has made a racist remark or two somewhere along the line, and nowadays the definition of "racist" is pretty broad; I've been called a racist for saying I don't like some of the things Obama had done, for instance. But I think it's an accusation that's way overblown if not an utter fabrication. As you say, I'd like to see the evidence.

These days the definition of racist is being white, so on that basis he qualifies, even more for being a man too.

and nowadays the definition of "racist" is pretty broad;

Doesn't need to be. Discrimination against a person because of their race is racism. Anything else can go in another catagory.

This is one thread you should a
There is also the possibility of food poisoning
I've been in the backs of dozens and dozens and dozens of restaurants doing service work. Everyone's guard is down and they behave the way they would normally behave without a food inspector or corporate bigwig around so I see what really happens. Believe me, you have a lot more to worry about eating in a restaurant than you do at a lemonade stand. If people aren't dropping like flies eating in restaurants after what I've seen, then I think we're pretty safe at a kid's lemonade stand.

This is one thread you should a

I've been in the backs of dozens and dozens and dozens of restaurants doing service work. Everyone's guard is down and they behave the way they would normally behave without a food inspector or corporate bigwig around so I see what really happens. Believe me, you have a lot more to worry about eating in a restaurant than you do at a lemonade stand. If people aren't dropping like flies eating in restaurants after what I've seen, then I think we're pretty safe at a kid's lemonade stand.

But they have liability insurance and it all boils down to regulations with meeting work health and safety, food safety, ect.

I am not defending the council but if you think like a typical council member you can see how the gears mesh and grind.

Believe me, you have a lot more to worry about eating in a restaurant than you do at a lemonade stand. If people aren't dropping like flies eating in restaurants after what I've seen, then I think we're pretty safe at a kid's lemonade stand.
I worked at a well known hamburger chain which has a clown as its mascot when studying for my "A" Levels as a teen. When one of the more experienced grill chefs dropped a frozen patty on the floor he immediately picked it up and squashed it down hard on the grill as if this would kill all the germs. Looks like the five second rule was being applied here. As far as I know nobody died, but yuk :boggled:

I am not defending the council but if you think like a typical council member you can see how the gears mesh and grind.
I think from the fact that the council overturned the fining decision that the inspectors weren't typical council members but overzealous jobsworths. Maybe they were hired on a quota basis like traffic wardens.

...Girl, 5, fined 150 quid for a lemonade stand by the local council. BBC.

Granted, she didn't have the requisite trading licence, but still, four Bobbies with cameras recording the proceedings and reading from a "big script" seems a wee bit overkill to me....

...Here's a follow-up to this story. And it has an altogether happier ending, it seems.

"Dozens of job offers" for the girl fined for the lemonade stand, BBC.

...Here's a follow-up to this story. And it has an altogether happier ending, it seems.

"Dozens of job offers" for the girl fined for the lemonade stand, BBC.

The job offers are just PR stunts.
Unless the UK does not have any form of child labor law.

But they have liability insurance and it all boils down to regulations with meeting work health and safety, food safety, ect.

Liability insurance doesn't stop me from getting sick which is what I thought the issue was. Regulations aren't always followed either.

The job offers are just PR stunts.
Unless the UK does not have any form of child labor law.

What if a country could have child labour laws and she could still work there? Ever wondered how child actors work in countries with such laws?

These weren't political appointees, they were apartisan employees.

http://www.gsmarena.com/there_are_r...hen_trying_to_call_911_updated-news-26258.php

I'm pretty sure I heard a stand-up sketch about the same thing once, only it was suicide hotlines instead. I think it might have been Norm.

...Didn't even know there was a mobile phone maker called OnePlus. Huh.

So all of the emergency service numbers trigger the reboot? Well, I guess the owners should avoid getting into trouble for the rest of their lives, then. Or until they get a new phone. Sorted.

...Didn't even know there was a mobile phone maker called OnePlus. Huh.

So all of the emergency service numbers trigger the reboot? Well, I guess the owners should avoid getting into trouble for the rest of their lives, then. Or until they get a new phone. Sorted.

A couple of weeks ago on holiday I was one of three drivers first on the scene of a rollover accident. The two passengers had been ejected through the glass roof of a Megane. Having left my own phone in the car I used the passenger's (muddy, bloody but working) mobile to call 999. The phone had a lock screen but an emergency call function. If it had been of the affected type then there could have been a couple of minutes' delay while one of us climbed from the field back up to the road.

You're right overall, but just sayin'.

Maybe they were hired on a quota basis like traffic wardens.

I'm a bit late to reply but as a former "traffic warden" I feel the need to add that it's prohibited by councils for wardens to have quotas nowadays. The ones giving out tons of tickets are just arseholes.

I've been listening a lot to Alice Cooper recently and my heart sank when I saw his name come up on my Facebook news alerts yesterday... fortunately he isn't dead, and the story is about the fact that he has found an original Andy Warhol piece 'rolled up in a tube' and stored in a locker. The piece isn't signed and so may not be worth as much as similar prints (one of which sold for $11 million in 2014), but the fact that Alice Cooper and Andy Warhol were friends in the 1970's is likely to make it a highly collectible piece, not least because it is virtually certain to be an original to boot.

620.jpg

...Hmm. Maybe that news is a better fit for the dedicated Islam thread? Because I don't see much strangeness or humour from the article or its contents, if I'm honest.
I know, but I get such great joy from hypocrites being exposed that I felt this was the best thread to insert this.

What do you do after an hour in your new Ferrari? Climb out of the wreckage, of course.

In fairness it wo' siling this afternoon.

...I found that piece slightly misleading - it was a 430 Scud, which is defo not a NEW Ferrari. OMG OMG BBC needs a better fact checking team!!!!!!

On a more serious note, it's not the first time I hear about a supercar finding itself in a fiery demise but with its somewhat red-faced owner receiving nothing more than superficial scratches and scrapes. Either they are way too prone to spontaneously combusting into flames, or they are just well designed from the safety point of view. I wonder which it is.

Back