Got a copy of GT6, ask questions here

These seem to be all the endurance races.

atlvtCt.jpg

Ihpa9d4.jpg

Although, there were other "endurance" events before that were 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 15 minutes.

Anyway I think I'm done for a while. My hands feel tired since I played too much, lol. Also, I didn't unlock any other special events yet. Only Goodwood/Moon for now.

Probaly in the "x lap" races, patch will add a zero to it.
And in the "x minutes", will be in hours after the patch.

while I agree with some in saying that the sound in the Shelby GT500 is a bit weak, I'm glad to see that PD at least has a new sample for this car and it does sound like a V8. What worried me is that the speedometer seems to be broken just like in the Viper ACR. It maxes out way too fast.
I saw that too; it's bothering me a lot. :(

The 365GTB4 TACH and Speedo are reversed in operation. The speedo rises as the rev counter and the tach slowly rises with the speed.

Thx for linking. 1388 HP Viper. Thats probably getting patched sooner or later(3rd gear = 300 km/h) , if they go ahead and shrink every cars HP, the game will be ruined.

He probably just stretched the tranny as far as it would go... but yeah.

I don't think they will "shrink" the HP, they intended for the cars to have more power than in GT5, which honestly was quite restrictive. I'm glad they've allowed more power.

Thx for linking. 1388 HP Viper. Thats probably getting patched sooner or later(3rd gear = 300 km/h) , if they go ahead and shrink every cars HP, the game will be ruined.

why the hell do you guys want cars with more than 1000 hp what's the use that's insane.

why the hell do you guys want cars with more than 1000 hp what's the use that's insane.

Its just like in Real Life, you want to squeze out every HP you can get, to be faster. With the low HP in GT5 it just got boring pretty fast, especially in dragraces.

Well i have to admit i have nothing with drag racing but there's litterally no use to more than 1000 hp for anything else than drag racing. Also i'm a big fan of momentum cars like the s2000, brz, mx5 etc.

He probably just stretched the tranny as far as it would go... but yeah.

I don't think they will "shrink" the HP, they intended for the cars to have more power than in GT5, which honestly was quite restrictive. I'm glad they've allowed more power.

I'm very glad that they did that aswell. First Car I will save up money for, will be the GT-R. Just because I LOVE that thing. And with 1000+ HP you can make some real life replica's which will be really cool.

Hats good to know so we're not bouncing off invisible walls.

Another thing to remember is, if PD were watching how people played the game and majority of races are 2-4laps average at every track, it probably made sense to make races shorter. Plus, people were complaining about the 9hours at Tsukuba and im sure many people nwver even finished GT5 when it came to Enduros.
True, I didn't complete a single endurance race. Still, PD doesn't need to fit the offline mode into a cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all type of design. All they would have to do to appeal to everyone is allow drivers a choice in time and/or distance when entering any race. Everything from say a minimum 24 minutes to a maximum of 24 hours and then adjust prizes accordingly. Want to finish in 24 minutes? No problem, here's your 89' Miata prize car. Want to go the full 24 hours? Here's your 1965 Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 thank you very much.

They have such a hard time thinking outside of the box sometimes it's hilarious:lol:

Well i have to admit i have nothing with drag racing but there's litterally no use to more than 1000 hp for anything else than drag racing. Also i'm a big fan of momentum cars like the s2000, brz, mx5 etc.

I was drag racing only for the last couple of months because i found normal races too boring. My GT-R was literally as fast as it can get with 954 HP on the 1/4 Mile. The times were pretty close to real life times. But I always wanted to go faster (because i knew some real GT-R's that are faster), and thats only possible with more HP or less weight^^

You just hit the nail on the head. High-powered cars like that will primarily be used for drag racing, but people also like to cruise with those kind of cars.

You just hit the nail on the head. High-powered cars like that will primarily be used for drag racing, but people also like to cruise with those kind of cars.
Or drift the entirety of Nürburgring in 5th gear.

Are there real ones, too?

more questions:
1. Split-Screen?
2. Can I set hp instead of kw?
3. AE86 premium?
4. How much space on HDD?
5. Are the paintchips now displayed on the car or is it still a "let's-hope-the-car-has-the-same-colour-as-the-paintchippreviewnodel"?
+1 especially on the AE86, hopefully it feels like the real one also, GT5's model drives quite different from the GT-S i drove in RL.

ok guys just kinda getting fed up with all the people whining about 1000hp + getting kind of annoying. And even though like i said i have nothing with drag racing i think this is the beauty of this game all the different things people do cruizing,drag racing, drifting, clean and competive racing which is what i'm in to.

These seem to be all the endurance races.

atlvtCt.jpg

Ihpa9d4.jpg

Although, there were other "endurance" events before that were 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 15 minutes.

Anyway I think I'm done for a while. My hands feel tired since I played too much, lol. Also, I didn't unlock any other special events yet. Only Goodwood/Moon for now.

:banghead:

Is this the ADD version of endurance racing?

EDIT: Please tell me there is a way to create a real endurance race? Like 6 hours of Silverstone? And of course the 24hr Le Mans, Nurb?

Because i can't imagine that kind of hp is going to help handleling of a car much. Look at the zonda r or the audie le mans car those cars are tail happy as hell. And they don't even have over 1000 hp

Yeah and there were plenty of 1000+ hp F1 cars, Group C cars and some Can-Am coming close and the drivers drove them on the limit, also let's not forget Pikes peak and time attack as well as some road racing. If properly done the car can be used on a track with such power and run great. It's realistic and has more than one application than you would lead others to believe. Tail happy are not, drivers have made good use of them and if it is an issue of too much to handle that's fine but others do just fine with them and like the challenge

Last edited:
Yeah and there were plenty of 1000+ hp F1 cars, Group C cars and some Can-Am coming close and the drivers drove them on the limit, also let's not forget Pikes peak and time attack as well as some road racing. If properly done the car can be used on a track with such power and run great. It's realistic and has more than one application that you would lead other to believe. Tail happy are not, drivers have made good use of them and if it is an issue of too much to handle that's fine but others do just fine with them and like the challenge

Wel yeah but all those cars have a lot of aero aswell not near as much a gt or road car is ever going to get lol.

Seem to be a lot of jumping to conclusions in here, still we are all getting info from a pre-patched versions of GT6. How about we wait on things like after the patch goes live and we see exactly what it fixes, since so far none of the owners of GT6 have yet to talk about coming across any glitches. So the patch must contain more than just the online component, perhaps those endurance races could end up be dynamic...who knows right now we haven't a clue what the patch will do. So just calm down and breathe a little and lets not hyperventilate ourselves into a coma.

Anyway a question about the hp. Do cars have one hp listed and when you buy it it is something else entirely, specifically talking about LMP and Group C. From watching the videos it seems that the correct hp output is used on the shop and also when racing. Seeing GT 3 cars racing with LMP is sensible since they are not that far apart power wise but the LMP out accelerate and out brake them as well as having higher cornering. Can you confirm if the hp numbers are realistic and not the craziness we've seen in past GT games?

Wel yeah but all those cars have a lot of aero aswell not near as much a gt or road car is ever going to get lol.

Some didn't have much aero and were quite dangerous, and in this game you can add plenty of Aero or at least enough to make it worth it. Drift cars are road going cars before converted into something else and some of them also have 1000hp, the point is it is feasible and realistic to have cars from 800-1000+ hp and it should be available.

Some didn't have much aero and were quite dangerous, and in this game you can add plenty of Aero or at least enough to make it worth it. Drift cars are road going cars before converted into something else and some of them also have 1000hp, the point is it is feasible and realistic to have cars from 800-1000+ hp and it should be available.

Yeah ok i guess though indeed i think even some rallycross cars get awfully close to 1000hp.

Back