Gran Turismo 5 arts & concepts (heavy edit)

• Thread starter Big Ron
  • 2,057 comments
Some dust on the Nordschleife:
24hnrburgringviperphot7pb3.jpg

@ paskowitz

Very nice picture! What did you do to it?

Thanks man much appreciated. I just adjusted the level, contrast, hue and saturation, painted in some pink/red in certain places. The original was all gray and nasty. It looked much better on my TV probably due to its terrible color balance. When I got it on PC monitor it looked dull. Even though it is photoshoped, I was just trying to get it to like what I saw on my TV.

Some of the rain shots here look awesome ! I'm jealous :/

Here are some pictures some of you may have seen before, they are my snow edits.

snow1.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_22.jpg

I was bored today, found this thread and gave it a shot:

gt5rain2.jpg

Before:

Took me about half an hour and could use some work but meh :P
(Especially the reflection of the nissan leaves a lot to be desired :D)

Last edited:
Yeah, nice mood and colors but the reflections are, hm, not that great, you could easily solve that issue with some blur and the opacity though.

Yeah, nice mood and colors but the reflections are, hm, not that great, you could easily solve that issue with some blur and the opacity though.

I added a a tiny bit of blur and a little distortion to the reflection, I also wanted to add some dry spots of asphalt but my quick and dirty layer system wasn't really allowing this :ouch:
I figured the headlights should also be giving light and the grass could use some volume. Maybe next time :)

Not that heavy of an edit. Was trying to go for the clean computer generated 3d model look.

*Click for Big*

EDIT: I just noticed that the reflection, kind of deleted a stripe. Oh well, I'll fix it another day. That is the tunnel at Special Stage Route 5, if anyone wants too know.

Slight edit, added some rocks flying, a bit of smoke, and edited the levels a bit.
NrburgringGP_F_111.jpg

This one I tried to do more, but I'm having trouble figuring out a way to do the spray that I like, that's why there isn't any.. Any tips?
EifelCircuit1.jpg

Slight edit, added some rocks flying, a bit of smoke, and edited the levels a bit.
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af352/TheDrummingKING/NrburgringGP_F_111.jpg[ /IMG]

This one I tried to do more, but I'm having trouble figuring out a way to do the spray that I like, that's why there isn't any.. Any tips?
[IMG]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af352/TheDrummingKING/EifelCircuit1.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, not bad, but both pics are too dark in my opinion.
I can understand why the second one is darker overall, but there should be light reflecting on the ground, especially with the wet surface.

circuitdelasarthe200931.jpg

This was my picture for the CCCL comp a couple weeks back. Fixed some jaggies, and added rain to the windshield (among other edits)

Oh, and I guess this counts as heavy editing too:

toscanatarmacpainting.jpg

HDR + PS ;)

Last edited:
pk3r72owns
Some of the rain shots here look awesome ! I'm jealous :/

Here are some pictures some of you may have seen before, they are my snow edits.

Wow dude. Nice snow effect. How long did that take you? Wish you were part of the Graphics team at PD. You def work faster than them

Wow dude. Nice snow effect. How long did that take you? Wish you were part of the Graphics team at PD. You def work faster than them

It didn't take that long really maybe about 50 minutes to an hour per image, I've made about 4. If you know how to use photoshop its pretty easy to pull of some stunning results. Usually its never right the first time so I find it takes longer making the snowy image look right rather than editing in all of the snow in the first place, if you look at the top image you can see on the left I cropped in some photos of trees coverd in snow and looking back at theese photos I think they ruin the photo - and the second picture is slightly to over exposed, but I'm proud of the racing line, I think it looks right and there is still some snow on the track.

Last edited:
I used to have a plugin that rendered really good looking snow on all the correct areas of an image (god knows how it knew, but 99% of the time it worked well), I just wish I knew what it was called as it could save you a lot of time! 👍

I used to have a plugin that rendered really good looking snow on all the correct areas of an image (god knows how it knew, but 99% of the time it worked well), I just wish I knew what it was called as it could save you a lot of time! 👍

If you could find it it would be brilliant, here is an image I just made, its a bit rushed so is not as good, I included the original so you can see the difference its made.
SNOWJPGJPG.jpg

Back