Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Hello guys!

So at first I wanna thank you for Premium User! :D

Today program: Read PMs with your video requsts and progress in career mode (I hope for better damage). And new video probably from Photo mode.

Did you read my PM on youtube? :dopey: My name was.. errr.. I don't actually know if this violates the AUP but, my name is DlCKNlPPLES. LOL, mods if that is in violation of the AUP, feel free to edit it out. :)

Hello guys!

So at first I wanna thank you for Premium User! :D

Today program: Read PMs with your video requsts and progress in career mode (I hope for better damage). And new video probably from Photo mode.

A quick vid of B spec mode would be nice if you have the chance:sly:

While you are making career vids can you please observe how damage affects points. Do you level up slower or is prize money deducted?

Possibly a video of the beginning of career mode, with how much credits you will have, and the options of cars at the beginning. =], and also, what Stune said, how the level of damage affects what u earn from each race =]
Thanks =D

good morning.

i think, watching the track list, that the disc will have locked content.
This way, it will look like PD is very fast releasing patches.

They made too much content for GT5, now they are trying to see which features can be saved for GT6. ( corporate decision )

With the very low scores and bad reviews in magazines( wanna bet ), they will be forced to give us what they promised in the first place.

but when you start the carerr you choose the level of difficult and the physic? i mean you can drive from the beginning with professional setting right?

Hello tekken,

First thanks for what you have done so far 👍

I just want to know what is the practice tab in My home ? I guess there is the tracks you have unlocked and that you can race them but then what's the difference with the arcade mode ?

Last edited:
but when you start the carerr you choose the level of difficult and the physic? i mean you can drive from the beginning with professional setting right?

You need to play some beginner races first before to get experience points, it looks like professional settings are always available (just turn off all the options)

You need to play some beginner races first before to get experience points, it looks like professional settings are always available (just turn off all the options)

ok, so i can play the beginner races with the physic that it is only one and is professional + aids. To have full simulation i turn off all the aids, right? I mean i'm not forced to play with assists on, i can play this events with the full simulation physic of the game.

I don't know if I should feel sorry for Tekken or not. He must be enjoying the attention but he's got so much work to do making videos :D

I would love to see some standard cars like the trueno sprinter and such please tekken upload a video :dopey:

Oh and great job for all the videos so far

maybe a day1 update will unlock certain aspects of the game...some kind of japanease humor? I would understand if it was Hideo Kojima and a MGS game, but Kaz seems too serious for such a spectacle...

Oh Tekken, I have a request! When you make more videos can you move the camera back a little and try to shine some light behind your screen? I know it'll make it a bit smaller but the light will neutralize the contrast and the video will look clearer.

Oh Tekken, I have a request! When you make more videos can you move the camera back a little and try to shine some light behind your screen? I know it'll make it a bit smaller but the light will neutralize the contrast and the video will look clearer.

I think tekken90 should either turn on the light in his room or tone down the monitor brightness.

FYI, reviewers got their copies a few days ago

from Max Console

I find this really hard to believe, at the very least I don't believe Max Console being one of the websites to get a full version of Gran Turismo 5 for review. This was one of the first websites to break the news about the Playstation 3 jailbreak. They are notorious for piracy talk, there is no way Sony gave them a copy of the game.

Tekken could you tell us about the physics?because we didn't see pro/standard selection but a lot of driving aids that could be' disabled...so...the physics are professional without aids???thank you in advance...:-)

Jason Bradbury had a copy a couple of weeks a go.

He confirmed it was just a demo around a week ago, so he didn't get the full version or even a review copy.

Edit: Twitter messages here.

JasonBradbury
@Bartt__ not full game but my prob thinks it's more than we played at E3

Bartt__
What The ....!?!?!?! Is this the demo or the full game ?! Video please ! :) (@jasonbradbury)http://yfrog.com/2gfhgkj

Because "arcade" doesn't simply mean "single race".
Also it would make sense for pro physics to be unlockable in arcade mode the same way the professional series has to be unlocked in sim mode.

In fact, it's just what it means, like in GT2, GT4, GT5P... single races where you choose the car and the track, like the arcade games which we used to play when we were children.

And no, it doesn't make sense to have to unlock settings related to the gameplay, it's like if you had to unlock the ability to turn left, or use the hand-brake.

Demo arcade mode WITH physics

h.JPG

what is going on?!?!

to TEKKEN or anyone else who has played with Standard cars so far.
How are the Standard cars physics in GT5 compares to the same cars in GT3 or GT4 is there a noticable difference? Do they feel the same as premium cars or very similar to how they were on the old games?

And no, it doesn't make sense to have to unlock settings related to the gameplay, it's like if you had to unlock the ability to turn left, or use the hand-brake.

Exactly and that is not how it is in GT5. Arcade mode has always been exactly the same as Simulation Mode in terms of physics. What we are seeing are the first signs of Polyphony Digital under delivering on their promises. I know this is going to upset some of you, but that is a fact of life. It happens to a lot of video games and I am not at all surprised that it has happened to GT5. The game is massive and it seems like the delay was to cut features out because they didn't work correctly.

One of two things is going to happen now;

1.) Polyphony will patch a lot of stuff in

2.) We are waiting for GT6 to get what was promised with GT5

If this offends you guys, then you are probably better off canceling your pre-order because you are not going to be happy with GT5 otherwise. I for one am keeping my pre-order and am still going to enjoy the game. It doesn't matter to me if GT5 is better then Forza 3, as far as i'm concerned they can't even be compared since they are on two completely different consoles. I can just play both and I will do so for sure. Forza 3 might end up being the sim I still play the most, but I am okay with that.

to TEKKEN or anyone else who has played with Standard cars so far.
How are the Standard cars physics in GT5 compares to the same cars in GT3 or GT4 is there a noticable difference? Do they feel the same as premium cars or very similar to how they were on the old games?

The physics are suppose to be exactly the same for every car.

He confirmed it was just a demo around a week ago, so he didn't get the full version or even a review copy.

Edit: Twitter messages here.

Didn't know that sorry.

As for unlocking how I choose to play a quick race is absurd.
What next. Complete game with my dual shock to unlock the option to use a wheel.

Didn't know that sorry.

As for unlocking how I choose to play a quick race is absurd.
What next. Complete game with my dual shock to unlock the option to use a wheel.

This is how the Gran Turismo series has always done it. You'll just have to deal with it.

Back