Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,416 comments
I’ve only experienced AI using the optimum tyre in any type of random condition. If a race is randomly starting wet, AI will start on a grooved tyre. If a track is starting dry And becomes wet, AI will choose the appropriate grooved tyre. If the track is drying out, AI will choose the Racing Soft.

Sometimes, I have restarted a wet race, due to me not fitting the proper tyre. At the restart, if conditions changed to dry, the AI will do a lap and then pit from grooved tyre to slicks.
What i meant more is that if they pit for, for example wet tires, i dont have to pit since sports tires are way better in the wet than slicks. Or do i just pit at the same time as the ai to keep it fair.

What i meant more is that if they pit for, for example wet tires, i dont have to pit since sports tires are way better in the wet than slicks. Or do i just pit at the same time as the ai to keep it fair.
You can stop with the AI if you want to be fair.

In your races, what tyres are all cars on in dry conditions?

Hi wanted to ask what’s the best settings to make the ai as competitive as I can for my custom races that I can carry over to any track thanks in advance!

I'd recommend turning flags off and maybe damage off. Those two slow the AI down.
I say that only as at some tracks, the AI slow at certain points. Having them slow due to flags and/or damage, affects their behaviour negatively. From what I've observed in my races.

Hey, some players enjoy that though. So, all good.

Comfort soft racing has been my go-to recently. All these cars come with them. I added racing aero kits, some have weight modifications and semi racing mufflers to get them in the 480-490pp range. Only the Integra is wide-bodied, but I'll swap it out for another when it pops up in the dealer again. Any car that is 4wd has also had the torque changed to be 5:95. This grid is fun on pretty much any track and the positions switch up quite often too when you add heavy damage and a high fuel usage rate.

I didn't know you could do this.
High Speed Ring_.jpeg

Which bring me to a question is a go kart like a F1 car?

If I wanted to do a custom race with the following grid.

Super Formula 19' and 23"
GT F1500T-A.
McLaren MP4/4.
Honda RA272.
Go karts.

Would go karts make sense?

I didn't know you could do this.
View attachment 1274556

Which bring me to a question is a go kart like a F1 car?

If I wanted to do a custom race with the following grid.

Super Formula 19' and 23"
GT F1500T-A.
McLaren MP4/4.
Honda RA272.
Go karts.

Would go karts make sense?
No.

I know PP isn't the most reliable, but the massive gap between the karts and the rest is still a good indicator that they wouldn't work together. Karts don't have much top speed and they drive quite a bit differently.

Hi guys
I'm SM_Marti, a new member
I'm happy that there are people like me that love Custom Races and I'm ready to start this adventure with your help.
I'm also creating some championship with custom races, but I can't start none of them because I need the cars, apart from one (which is even the championship with the most valuable race cars), but I'm starting to collect the cars that I need (I really want that PD one day could had an option to change the style of the opponent car).

Thanks for Listening :)

My custom FIA GT 1997/1998 Season Grid:

9q0WQCI.png

GT2 is pretty much a 1/1 of real life minus the Marcos LM600 and Saleen Mustangs but I can do without those. GT1 I forgot to include the Shorttail F1 GTR that ran in the 1997 season in the GT1 class but was very obsolete against the newer GT1 cars. If or when we ever receive the R390 GT1 or Toyota GT-ONE I will include those aswell, probably with one replacing one of the 993 GT2 cars and the other just being included since I have 19 cars for the grid at the moment with only 18 being pictured, if we ever receive a proper 1996-1997 Evo GT1 or even the 98 GT1-98 I will replace the faux GT1 993 with that one. I hope that we also one day receive the Panoz but I doubt that sadly though I would love to be proven wrong.

The GT2 grid gave surprisingly close results during testing as the field stayed pretty close to eachother. The faux 993 GT1 gave the shorttail F1 GTR a fierce battle while the top GT1 cars are self explanatory. My primary car to use is the CLK-LM 'Prototype' in carbon fiber.

I will hold off a few months before running the grid as I want to wait and see if we receive anymore GT1 cars.

Tracks will consist of:

La Sarthe 30 Laps

Laguna Seca 99 Laps

Spa 50 Laps

Suzuka 2 Hours

Nurburgring GP 100 laps

Track list isn't 100% realistic as we do not have all of the tracks from the FIA GT seasons of 97-98 but I will substitute instead with tracks that I personally find interesting and fun to race on.

Hi Guys
I post right now some scapes of the grid for my first Custom Championship

599a5a0674a3b5a5d713f51f9be6e58e_photo.webp

First of all there will be the 2 races featuring the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI '93
This is a one-make series with a really simple format

1 Sprint Race, 1 Feature Race and 1 Endurance Race (which will be held together with the WSC Golden Era Race)

4 Teams with 2 cars each: Alfa Corse (#155 / #156), Jolly Club (#157 / #158), Schubel Engineering (#159 / #160) and Euroteam (#161 / #162)

The safety car will be a Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car driven by me

Then there will be the WSC Golden Era Championship Race featuring the 3rd race of the Alfa Cup

Here is the Grid

Group C Grid

37733e870845f1d4a0e96906a3f9a2b7_photo.webp

GT1 (BMW McLaren and Mercedes CLK) and GT2 (McLaren F1, JGTC GT500, Skyline Gr.5) Grid

de3aeef25e606967aeb9ed64f99e50d8_photo.webp

Safety Car: BMW M4 Safety Car

And has I said at the back there are the 155s

Thanks for listening :)

PS: all liveries can be found in my profile

Last edited:
Guys I have some problems with BoP

1) The Nissan GT500 is much slower than the Supra GT500

2) The GT1 Cars are faster than the 962C

How can I solve it

Thanks

PS: Fixed the problem

Last edited:
Guys I have some problems with BoP

1) The Nissan GT500 is much slower than the Supra GT500

2) The GT1 Cars are faster than the 962C

How can I solve it

Thanks

PS: Fixed the problem
Just a thought but for any new people to the game an explanation of how you fixed it might help others?

Thanks.

How random is the random weather? I've generally used presets up to now but I want to start doing longer races and I'd rather not have those stuck on one preset for the whole race. I'm reloading Circuit de la Sarthe over and over, and it never rains at the start. The times I've had a cloudy start, it always starts to clear up. I guess I could throw rain in on my own but I'd rather they stay unpredictable.

I really don't get why racing games that already have custom races feature don't also include custom championships. This would help a lot, but as they won't implement it any time soon, we have to work with spreadsheets.

I'll start an offline GR.4 championship today. For the starting positions I'm planning reverse grid from 1 to 10 places (drivers pointing). Drivers from 11 to 20 will have a reason to fight for a position (10th place starts first the next race).

I still have to grind 2x the Spa 1h to buy moar GR.4 cars and give to the Italian Swift team a Ferrari or an Alfa Romeo 4C :lol:

Screenshot_20230731_140023.png

*These are test values only, to evaluate the formulas, conditional formatting, etc. I should start the first races today night.

Last edited:
How random is the random weather? I've generally used presets up to now but I want to start doing longer races and I'd rather not have those stuck on one preset for the whole race. I'm reloading Circuit de la Sarthe over and over, and it never rains at the start. The times I've had a cloudy start, it always starts to clear up. I guess I could throw rain in on my own but I'd rather they stay unpredictable.
Some searching found a few other people with the same result on random weather. I can't say anything conclusive but I'm just going to assume it isn't going to start raining that way.

I'm going to start throwing some in manually, and see what happens in the slots I leave random. Maybe the game will still have some surprise rain for me.

Some searching found a few other people with the same result on random weather. I can't say anything conclusive but I'm just going to assume it isn't going to start raining that way.

I'm going to start throwing some in manually, and see what happens in the slots I leave random. Maybe the game will still have some surprise rain for me.

I wonder how often it rains in cloudy weather in that part of France?

I for one know that in my part of California, clouds doesn’t necessarily mean “future rain” of measurement. But the same can’t be said for different parts of the country… and world.

Where I’m going with this is I wonder if PD has modeled “random weather”…. To actually reflect what random weather of that specific region looks like IRL?

Last edited:
Back