Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,416 comments
The Zonda R is not to be underestimated.
Really impressive car.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230808205607.png

I have been doing a few races in Custom Race lately and really enjoy them, probably some of the better races in solo play. The AI is set to Professional with BOP on. When BOP is on is that levelling the field of cars or is it a similar setting to sport mode?
Apologies if this has been answered before.

I
I used the F12 Berlinetta as a mock Maranello. It's a pretty good car. No doubt fuel economy will suffer, versus race cars.
Okay, but if I split the Sprint and Endurance league that would be no issue. I can just turn the fuel consumption off for the Sprint cups, that would be more realistic anyway.

But that idea of the FKXX and other road cars to compete against the P1. That sounds really interesting. Need to think more about that idea.

IIRC Project CARS and/or Project CARS 2 on PS4 had larger grids... Something like 30/32 cars. But it didn't run very well (a few glitches and bugs here and there) and it didn't have this graphics. Perhaps GT7 to have more cars in the race should sacrifice a lot of graphics to be able to run well, especially on PS4.
I can say that is true that there was a 30 and more car size grid. For luck I never had glitches and bugs during it since I have at least a good connection

Working in a faux GT2 grid with more modern road cars. These cars range between 716 - 743pp.

Someone needs to fix the AIs racing etiquette though. This was pretty uncalled for (I'm the MC20)

I was thinking for the same but with even the Audi R8 GT3 (Since it is the only modern R8 to reasemble the R8 GT2) and the KTM GT2 (Many people have done liveries on the C8 but I think that doing it on the normal X Bow).
I have done a Maserati MC20 livery too

Last edited:
I can say that is true that there was a 30 and more car size grid. For luck I never had glitches and bugs during it
Ok but my son is really focused on GT7 custom races as he really wants to duplicate what he is watching regularly with me, the real GTWC races. And he doesn't really care about older GT3 cars.

For me... ACC is doing it, got ALL what I need and love there (a real penalty system, qualityings and real hard to beat AI, ahh.. and ALL that newer cars from Ferrari, McLaren)

We got holidays so I let my son sleep as long as he wants to. But i already know he will do another custom race for the championship, or two or three...

I was thinking for the same but with even the Audi R8 GT3 (Since it is the only modern R8 to reasemble the R8 GT2) and the KTM GT2 (Many people have done liveries on the C8 but I think that doing it on the normal X Bow).
I have done a Maserati MC20 livery too

That's an interesting use of the C8. I'll have to check those liveries out!

I'm making other GT2s too though. I've added a Mclaren 680s and Ferrari F8 too. Thinking of creating a Nismo GTR one as well.

Only just recently started running custom races on the Nordschleife, I noticed the AI lets you pass (indicator and all) instead of defending, I know it's custom/mandatory to do that on that track IRL but is there a way to deactivate this in game?
I've checked this thread and I don't think so but I thought I'd ask, just in case I missed it.
Also, it seems to be the only place where the AI does that, is that correct?

Thank you.

Only just recently started running custom races on the Nordschleife, I noticed the AI lets you pass (indicator and all) instead of defending, I know it's custom/mandatory to do that on that track IRL but is there a way to deactivate this in game?
I've checked this thread and I don't think so but I thought I'd ask, just in case I missed it.
Also, it seems to be the only place where the AI does that, is that correct?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, yes it's the only place AI does that - all endurance locations for that track. It's a bummer when you wanna race on it.

Unfortunately, yes it's the only place AI does that - all endurance locations for that track. It's a bummer when you wanna race on it.
Thank you for confirming that.
I was left a bit discombobulated at first since I never saw it anywhere else before.
I agree. It's a nice touch but it'd great to be able to turn it off.

Edit: I've just watched your clip on Spa, that would have been a good time to let you pass!

Last edited:
Whenever I record my IMSA races, it's always annoying to see the AI not overtaking the slower cars when they have a whole straight to do so.

I used the Gr.4 458, as the Super Taikyu GT2 X-Bow.

That's a neat conversion. It unfortunately wouldn't work for fuel reasons. Plus I think it would get dusted by the road cars I'm using.

I don't know what ST is but some of the liveries in game are pretty neat!

That's a neat conversion. It unfortunately wouldn't work for fuel reasons. Plus I think it would get dusted by the road cars I'm using.

I don't know what ST is but some of the liveries in game are pretty neat!
It’d Probably win a fuel war, but yeah, definitely no contest when against the FXX-K and others.

Hey guys
I want an opinion from you about another of my dilemmas
I am making several Custom Championships and one of them is a VGT WEC Championship
I'm making the liveries for the Mazda RX-Vision but I don't know if the cars need to have as number 66 and 77 or 55 and 77 since there is also a Mazda Gr.1 which will be ran by the same team and it makes senses that it has to run with number 55
What can I do

Last edited:
Hey guys
I want an opinion from you about another of my dilemmas
I am making several Custom Championships and one of them is a VGT WEC Championship
I'm making the liveries for the Mazda RX-Vision but I don't know if the cars need to have as number 66 and 77 or 55 and 77 since there is also a Mazda Gr.1 which will be ran by the same team and it makes senses that it has to run with number 55
What can I do

You could run the RX-V's as #77 and #78, given Mazda used to run those numbers for the RX-792P. Alternatively you could have #201 and #202.

Guys if you can please share your custom race settings, car list, tuning-so that others can recreate those. Thanks. And anyone have any muscle cars grid?

The mc20 has inspired me to create a gt2 series. Thinking of using the following cars all tuned 700pp using prainios tunes.

Chevrolet Corvette c8
Ford GT ‘17
Aston martin vulcan
Amg gtr ‘17
Bmw m4 ‘14
Porsche 918 spyder
Ferrari F8 Tributo
Lambo Murcielago ‘09
Maserati MC20
Lexus LC500
Nissan gtr ‘17
Toyota Supra RZ ‘20

Guys if you can please share your custom race settings, car list, tuning-so that others can recreate those. Thanks. And anyone have any muscle cars grid?
Hey Man
Here are my settings, car list and tuning

For the One-Make Alfa 155 Cup you have to use a stock Alfa 155 DTM
Settings:
5 Laps (Sprint) / 10 Laps (Feature)
Car number: 9
Standing Start
BoP: No
Turbo: Disabled
Slipstream: Realistic
Damage: None
Tyre and Fuel Consumption: 1x
Refueling speed: 10 litres/sec
Grip off the track: Low

Weather: Personalized
Time: Anything
Time Speed: 1x

Difficulty: Professional

Cutting Penalties: Low
Wall Penalty: No for normal tracks, Yes for Street Circuits
Vehicle Correction after touching wall: No
Contact Penalty: Yes
Cutting Box Line: Yes
Flag Rules: Yes

For my WSC Golden Era Series I use the same settings apart from:
Starting procedure: Rolling Start
Turbo: Low
Mechanical Damages: Realistic

For the cars and their tuning:
Porsche 962C: 693 HP / 900 KG
Jaguar XJR-9: 653 HP / 900 KG
Nissan R92CP: 728 HP / 900 KG
Mazda 787B: 686 HP / 900 KG
Sauber Mercedes C9: 677 HP / 900 KG

McLaren F1 GTR BMW LT: 574 HP / 950 KG
Mercedes CLK: 577 HP / 940 KG

McLaren F1 GTR ST: 499 HP / 1100 KG + Changed Rear Downforce from 650 to 700
Toyota SUPRA GT500: 499 HP / 1165 KG
Nissan GT-R GT500: 505 HP / 1200 KG
Nissan Skyline Silhouette: 569 HP / 1005 KG + Changed Front Downforce from 350 to 400

For the Alfa Romeo 155 Cup Car I decided to create a setup only for the Endurance Event: 293 HP / 1010 KG

I know this is a long list but I'm happy to share this to the Custom Race Community

Last edited:
Amg gtr ‘17
Possibly the Black Series, is preferable IMHO...

Bmw m4 ‘14
Mmm, it doesn't seem like the most appropriate choice to me, also because it's a car that in its stock form has only 431 hp, you should do a lot of tuning while on the others it definitely doesn't... In truth, the same goes for the Corvette too, not we have the C8 Z06, it would have been a whole other story.

Lambo Murcielago ‘09
Too old car...

Toyota Supra RZ ‘20
The same argument already made for BMW applies to this car, again IMHO.

As my son rides the next sprint races GTWC, Monza today, he wants a LeMans League so bad. We saw the LeMans 66 Movie couple of days ago (not for the first time) he really wants to compete with the Ford GT LM, his favorite car, against the McLaren F1 or P1, Ferrari and others. I am still thinking about which cars to use for that.

And here I got the problem, with the prototypes mostly winning, he doesn't want that type of cars. And as I would like to take the LeMans winning McLaren F1 GTR, he wants the P1 taking part too. So I really get a headache how to create a competitive league. That counts out the F1 mostly, because we can let it start at the dead end, it still finishing on top in every race, with others having no chance.

So right now these are the candidates for the league:
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Ford GT LM
McLaren P1 GTR
McLaren F1 GTR
...and that's where the problems start. I tried the classic Nissan, Toyota, and other classics as they are also group 3 in-game, they got zero chance vs the top 4 from above. But if I add GT1 or GT2 cars, the top four have no chance to compete against them.

He wants the following manufacturers as opponents too: Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley (not in the game), Nissan, Toyota, Audi, BMW, ... BUT not the same cars he is using in his GTWC series. And, to make it even harder, one team, two cars like in Formula One. Not more than two cars by a manufacturer.... I am very welcome for some ideas which cars and tuning I could use to do that for him.

Last edited:
Possibly the Black Series, is preferable IMHO...

Mmm, it doesn't seem like the most appropriate choice to me, also because it's a car that in its stock form has only 431 hp, you should do a lot of tuning while on the others it definitely doesn't... In truth, the same goes for the Corvette too, not we have the C8 Z06, it would have been a whole other story.

Too old car...

The same argument already made for BMW applies to this car, again IMHO.
I have had the same doubts over the cars you have mentioned. I was thinking of running second entries of remaining cars however the vulcan is invitation only. The reason i was thinking of going for the murcielago is because the aventador is too op

As my son rides the next sprint races GTWC, Monza today, he wants a LeMans League so bad. We saw the LeMans 66 Movie couple of days ago (not for the first time) he really wants to compete with the Ford GT LM, his favorite car, against the McLaren F1 or P1, Ferrari and others. I am still thinking about which cars to use for that.

And here I got the problem, with the prototypes mostly winning, he doesn't want that type of cars. And as I would like to take the LeMans winning McLaren F1 GTR, he wants the P1 taking part too. So I really get a headache how to create a competitive league. That counts out the F1 mostly, because we can let it start at the dead end, it still finishing on top in every race, with others having no chance.

So right now these are the candidates for the league:
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Ford GT LM
McLaren P1 GTR
McLaren F1 GTR
...and that's where the problems start. I tried the classic Nissan, Toyota, and other classics as they are also group 3 in-game, they got zero chance vs the top 4 from above. But if I add GT1 or GT2 cars, the top four have no chance to compete against them.

He wants the following manufacturers as opponents too: Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley (not in the game), Nissan, Toyota, Audi, BMW, ... BUT not the same cars he is using in his GTWC series. And, to make it even harder, one team, two cars like in Formula One. Not more than two cars by a manufacturer.... I am very welcome for some ideas which cars and tuning I could use to do that for him.
For the BMW you can use the Z4 GT3 or the BMW M3 GT
Mercedes you can use the SLS GT3
For the Nissan you can use or the old GT500 Skyline or the GT-R GT3 2013 Model
For Toyota you can only use the SUPRA GT500
For the Others I don't know
For the thing of the Skyline and SUPRA I have posted the BoP of my series where you can find the BoP of the F1 GTR, Skyline GT500 and Supra
I have to say that the F1 GTR wins easily but with less than 10s of gap from the two GT500
I believe that this can help you

For the BMW you can use the Z4 GT3 or the BMW M3 GT
Mercedes you can use the SLS GT3
For the Nissan you can use or the old GT500 Skyline or the GT-R GT3 2013 Model
For Toyota you can only use the SUPRA GT500
For the Others I don't know
For the thing of the Skyline and SUPRA I have posted the BoP of my series where you can find the BoP of the F1 GTR, Skyline GT500 and Supra
I have to say that the F1 GTR wins easily but with less than 10s of gap from the two GT500
I believe that this can help you

That was my idea in the beginning too, that's why we already tried them all and he cut them all off.
Like I said, the Z4 GT3 and the M3 GT3 get even overlapped by the mentioned ones. Even the usual GT3 cars kill them on track. Sadly but they are no competition, like already written the Supra GT500 and Nissan Skyline GT-R are zero competition to the McLaren F1 or Aston Martin DBR9. In LeMans we do at least 30 mins or one hour races. They been overlapped very often then. He needs better cars for competition. We already tried out all group 3 cars.

Added by my son: he wants a modern battle between a Ferrari and his Ford too. But he doesn't want to use the 458 GT3 as it is already in his GTWC league.

Some mentioned using road cars as opponents, but which ones would fit to that being competitive?

Maybe a De Tuned FXX K if you have it, for other cars srry but I can't help you😔

I have thought about that car too, already some people mentioned it. But to buy to for each 3 million, I want to have more info about their performance compared to the mentioned cars. (By the way my son loves that idea already... Maybe I have to just try that out )

When it comes to that it's also about fuel consumption. Maybe some got already experience with that?

I have thought about that car too, already some people mentioned it. But to buy to for each 3 million, I want to have more info about their performance compared to the mentioned cars. (By the way my son loves that idea already... Maybe I have to just try that out )

When it comes to that it's also about fuel consumption. Maybe some got already experience with that?
The Ferrari FXXK is worth the 3.6M(imho) its the fastest of the track only hypercars, great handling, crappy fuel economy since its class as a road car unlike the p1 gtr and the zonda r which are class as race cars.

While custom race is anything goes I still find it pretty silly you wanna do a league with Hypercars vs gt3/gte cars.

The Ferrari FXXK is worth the 3.6M(imho) its the fastest of the track only hypercars, great handling, crappy fuel economy since its class as a road car unlike the p1 gtr and the zonda r which are class as race cars.

While custom race is anything goes I still find it pretty silly you wanna do a league with Hypercars vs gt3/gte cars.

...read first before giving silly answers. It's the idea of my nine year old son! Like written hundred of times.

Back