Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,416 comments
...read first before giving silly answers. It's the idea of my nine year old son! Like written hundred of times.
:lol:

Back on topic this is the grid I use for cars like the FXXK, P1 GTR, Zonda R.

There semi race spec with HP between 700 and 1000HP cause I like the hp like that of course you can tune the hp for each car to be closer to each other.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230811081325.jpg

Guys if you can please share your custom race settings, car list, tuning-so that others can recreate those. Thanks. And anyone have any muscle cars grid?

Here's my easiest/cheapest grid set-up - 1980s-90s BTCCs. All of them are tuned to be in the range of 593-608pp. It's basically the Toyotas that are above 600pp to keep them competitive with the rest. Slap racing hards, exhausts, manifolds, brakes, brake pads, filters, and and weight reduction 3s on them and then use the power limiter until they're in that range. For races, I use tyre wear x5 and fuel x6, damage heavy and boost weak.

If you want an added challenge, nerf your car for power until you're in the 570-575pp range. Enjoy :)

:lol:

Back on topic this is the grid I use for cars like the FXXK, P1 GTR, Zonda R.

There semi race spec with HP between 700 and 1000HP cause I like the hp like that of course you can tune the hp for each car to be closer to each other.
View attachment 1279365

This helps a lot, my son actually starting to test these cars. Let's see how that will be, as almost hundred PP difference ist too much because these cars getting overlapped quick. But like you said I can tune them to get similar PPs.

Do you have any recommendations for which cars are too bad with fuel consumption to compete from that pack? As these cars will always participate in endurance races for at least 30mins to an hour.

Thank you a lot for this. Now it's my son's turn to test all these

We came back from playing football outside and being at the lake the rest of the day. My son started immediately testing the Ferrari. Let's see if that's an option for him. He wants to compete with the Ford GT LM Group 3 car against a Ferrari (not the 458 GT3 as he got it in his GTWC League), and that's maybe the candidate for it.

If the fuel consumption will be too bad to compete, along with other road cars, then I am thinking about to turn fuel consumption off, like in Formula One where they just switch tires. Right now he doesn't let me do that, as 24 hours of LeMans doesn't work in real life without that. But let's see how he likes that Ferrari against his Ford.

Guys if you can please share your custom race settings, car list, tuning-so that others can recreate those. Thanks. And anyone have any muscle cars grid?
I have two grids for old muscle cars...

One is inspired by the classic TransAm series from 1966-72, and has only Mustangs(Boss. Mach-1 and the Shelby GT350),Camaros,Challengers and Pontiac Fire Birds in it (the Firebirds in GT7 are from 76, but the first Firebirds showed up in 1972 or so in the original TransAm series, so for me that's accurate to have them there), some with original TransAm liveries(and driver names), one Petty Nascar livery and the reast are originals by myself...

In the other one I substituted the Firebirds for Pontiac GTOs and also adedd two Superbees to the mix...

I usually use RH tires for all car and tune them around 620pp or 650pp...if I have more than one model from the same car, I tune them differently(so there are some that are light with less power, some are more powerfull but also heavier, some have spoilers some don't, some are engine swapped)...but all cars have racing suspension, racing breaks and racing break pads, racing transmission and a racing clutch...
In most of the races the Bosses and Mach-1 are dominant, in the TransAm grid the Pontiac Firebirds are on par with the Mustangs...

Attachments

• TransAm 1.jpg
    TransAm 1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 17
  • TransAm 2.jpg
    TransAm 2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Muscle II 1.jpg
    Muscle II 1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Muscle II 2.jpg
    Muscle II 2.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I have two grids for old muscle cars...

One is inspired by the classic TransAm series from 1966-72, and has only Mustangs(Boss. Mach-1 and the Shelby GT350),Camaros,Challengers and Pontiac Fire Birds in it (the Firebirds in GT7 are from 76, but the first Firebirds showed up in 1972 or so in the original TransAm series, so for me that's accurate to have them there), some with original TransAm liveries(and driver names), one Petty Nascar livery and the reast are originals by myself...

In the other one I substituted the Firebirds for Pontiac GTOs and also adedd two Superbees to the mix...

I usually use RH tires for all car and tune them around 620pp or 650pp...if I have more than one model from the same car, I tune them differently(so there are some that are light with less power, some are more powerfull but also heavier, some have spoilers some don't, some are engine swapped)...but all cars have racing suspension, racing breaks and racing break pads, racing transmission and a racing clutch...
In most of the races the Bosses and Mach-1 are dominant, in the TransAm grid the Pontiac Firebirds are on par with the Mustangs...
You can still keep the Firebird in your grid. I made these just for that purpose. ;)
IMG_2744.jpeg
IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

20970556051975095.jpg

20970811578701736.jpg

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the recent patch but I've noticed in Custom races on professional the other cars seem to have found some pace which is nice however (and I've heard this before previously but never seen it) some tracks seem to now exhibit quite a lot of stuttering in VR.

For example the first right-hander off the start finish line on Nürburgring and especially on Brands Hatch ,druids corner lap after lap even with the cars spaced out is twitching and jerking all over the shop , anyone else noticed this and if so is it just with the most recent patch?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the recent patch but I've noticed in Custom races on professional the other cars seem to have found some pace

I haven't noticed a difference. It seems to be whatever cars you place on grid spots 1 and 2 at the start (with boost set to weak) seem to take off regardless of their pp/set-up. The rest of the pack are the same whatever AI.

After stumbling upon this thread at the weekend, and reading through all 53 pages, here is A.I. Mika Häkkinen destroying the field of my custom grid in a 15 min endurance race.

I’ve gone for a Rennsport/historic touring car line up but I feel that the Ferrari and Skyline are a bit out of place. Any suggestions on what could take their place?

Häkkinen’s 911 Turbo is hugely overpowered, so I need to either ban it or take a stack of performance points off it.

After stumbling upon this thread at the weekend, and reading through all 53 pages, here is A.I. Mika Häkkinen destroying the field of my custom grid in a 15 min endurance race.

I’ve gone for a Rennsport/historic touring car line up but I feel that the Ferrari and Skyline are a bit out of place. Any suggestions on what could take their place?

Häkkinen’s 911 Turbo is hugely overpowered, so I need to either ban it or take a stack of performance points off it.

You’ve got the CSL in there, the Skyline is the right era for the CSL. Also works as it’s got rear seats. Also, a detuned ‘90 R32 with 5:95 torque split. However, if you want to replace the Ferrari(I use it as a Group 5 car, versus the Pantera, BB512, Dino, CSL ‘73, etc.), you can use the R5.
20970221521397691.jpg

Maybe add the GTI with a Turbo or engine swap. ‘88 Supra(has rear seats), ‘88 & ‘90 Silvias work as touring cars.
20970616317197211.jpg

20970044083975048.jpg

20970176464851891.jpg

Your grid is fine the way you want it. There are real life series that have such a mix of cars.

Fantastic. Thanks for the info. There’s also that huge Mercedes AMG thing from the early 70s, might give that a go when it becomes available. I like the idea of a Renault 5 Turbo and a Golf or two. I wanted to keep it 70s/80s which is why I’ve left the R32 out but I might add it now. Ideally would like an M1 Pro car.

Last edited:
Fantastic. Thanks for the info. There’s also that huge Mercedes AMG thing from the early 70s, might give that a go when it becomes available. I like the idea of a Renault 5 Turbo and a Golf or two. I wanted to keep it 70s/80s which is why I’ve left the R32 out but I might add it now. Ideally would like an M1 Pro car.
Your 308 makes a good alternative for the M1(I believe someone has disguised it with an M1 livery-or maybe the Pantera?). The aforementioned BB512 with widebody and heck, the ‘88 Countach and Merak.
Everyone here have built some fine alternatives to make their dream grids.

A man who loves his touring car history, great to see those old names again even in a game setting. Well done mate.

I filled out my grid, and this is the most enjoyable experience I’ve had with a racing game for some time.

All cars a between 573-574 PP but I’ve had to nerf the 71 CSL because the power to weight ratio is ridiculous compared to the other cars with the same performance points, and also the yellow Ferrari is very OP. I have restricted its power as much as I can and had to add weight to get it to the same PP as the other cars but it still slays. At Spa it climbed from the back of the field to a top six position in a 20 minute race, but then had to pit for fuel with a few minutes remaining and so lost all its places. I’m assuming this was because it’s so heavy but there is no way I can lower the weight down and maintain a competitive PP as I can’t reduce its power any more. So I may have to exclude this car which is a pity because it looks so cool.

Nice! Which car has the most torque? When I create my GT4 field, I have to adjust the AMG GT R. Massive torque figures over the other cars.
Here’s the torque for each car:

Amg 66
Vulcan 60.4
Ferarri 45.6
Porsche 95.5
Chevvy 70.6
Ford 69.6
M20 68.3
Lambo 54

The porsche is definitely OP and the lambo slightly underpowered. The Ferrari might struggle a fair bit. Haven’t had a chance to test them all in a race yet to see how it goes

Last edited:
I'm about to complete the 1st GR.4 custom championship (10 races). I'm having much fun, now I have a purpose of playing GT7 single player.
On this last race, many drivers can finish in first, I'm not too confident in wining the championship. I just discovered that I'm not so consistent doing 30 laps (with 2 or 3 stops) in many tracks :banghead:

Screenshot_20230819_004743.png

Screenshot_20230819_004939.png

The Porsche Carrera 964 is available in the used car showroom so I’m thinking about buying 20 to recreate an early 90’s Carrera Cup. Does anyone have any tips on what tuning/aero parts I should buy to make them as close the actual series as is possible?

IMG_5642.jpeg

The Porsche Carrera 964 is available in the used car showroom so I’m thinking about buying 20 to recreate an early 90’s Carrera Cup. Does anyone have any tips on what tuning/aero parts I should buy to make them as close the actual series as is possible?

View attachment 1281681
This is the set up I use for the series. Last ran these cars in December. You can use the air ducts and just the roll cage. Major problem is the rear automatic Wing hasn’t functioned since debut. Wish PD would activate it.
20970869943648210.jpg

Great. Thanks so much. I’ll buy one and try it before I get another 19. Seems like they were pretty close to stock.
Pretty much. You can choose to keep the stock wheels as well. I went with the BBS three-piece to have the option of colouring the wheel center for certain cars.

Pretty much. You can choose to keep the stock wheels as well. I went with the BBS three-piece to have the option of colouring the wheel center for certain cars.
Well I tried it and the car drives great but the lack of rear wing functionality is a bit of a deal breaker so I might go with a later model. Would this tune work for the 993?

Edit: Scratch that, you can’t put a roll cage in it! I think I need the CS model.

Last edited:
Well I tried it and the car drives great but the lack of rear wing functionality is a bit of a deal breaker so I might go with a later model. Would this tune work for the 993?

Edit: Scratch that, you can’t put a roll cage in it! I think I need the CS model.
This is a real world set up for the 996 & 997 from Porsche Cup Australia

You'll be able to find a real world 993 set up.

Latest Posts

Back