• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,416 comments
I finally finished my group c gird 4 of each car.:D

Gran Turismo® 7_20230909205537.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230909205750.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230909205758.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230909210106.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the Lexus LF-LC Concept VGT. If you like running Gr.2 custom races, or using them in a multi-class but don't have enough cars, the LF-LC fits incredibly well even without any BOP.

Even in endurance races, it'll pit at the same windows as the other Gr.2 cars. So it hangs with the class throughout even longer race lengths going an hour or more.

So, if you want more Gr.2 cars but can't wait until another one is added, try the LF-LC Concept out if you have one, or haven't bought it yet.

1694727356986.png

Also, below I have some pictures of my current Gr.2 class. I need to get a few more cars to do a full grid sometimes, but as the upper class in an endurance race, they're probably my favourite.

"My car" is the McLaren F1, I use that the most in any endurance races I do.

1694727893436.png1694727939313.png
1694727971635.png1694727989389.png
1694728005079.png1694728022667.png
1694728046001.png1694728062447.png
1694728077609.png1694728093658.png

Last edited:
Decided that I should create my own sort of custom touring car championship (although I probably have inadvertently used a pretty much exact grid or at least there about but I’m quite intrigued as being able to save race settings is useful). This is the list of cars I’ve opted for (will be 2 of each):
  • BMW M3 Sport Evolution ‘91
  • Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ‘87
  • Honda Integra Type-R (DC2) ‘98
  • Honda S2000 ‘99
  • Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ‘90
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ‘95
  • Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ‘96
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) ‘95
  • Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) ‘94
  • Toyota MR2 GT-S ‘97
Any advice/suggestions on tuning to have a reasonably competitive field as each has their unique advantages and disadvantages? I’m aiming to make this around 600/625pp but I don’t want one or two of these cars to completely destroy the field as such.

I appreciate it’s probably a bit vague but I’d like to join in the fun a bit. Also if you think I should swap a car for another then I’d appreciate your suggestion.

Last edited:
Decided that I should create my own sort of custom touring car championship (although I probably have inadvertently used a pretty much exact grid or at least there about but I’m quite intrigued as being able to save race settings is useful). This is the list of cars I’ve opted for (will be 2 of each):
  • BMW M3 Sport Evolution ‘91
  • Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ‘87
  • Honda Integra Type-R (DC2) ‘98
  • Honda S2000 ‘99
  • Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ‘90
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ‘95
  • Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ‘96
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) ‘95
  • Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) ‘94
  • Toyota MR2 GT-S ‘97
Any advice/suggestions on tuning to have a reasonably competitive field as each has their unique advantages and disadvantages? I’m aiming to make this around 600/625pp but I don’t want one or two of these cars to completely destroy the field as such.

I appreciate it’s probably a bit vague but I’d like to join in the fun a bit. Also if you think I should swap a car for another then I’d appreciate your suggestion.

Just use the same weight reductions and basic racing parts (brakes, pads, muffler, filter, manifold) and Rh Tyres to see where you get. From there you can power restrict them to equal performance through a few test races. This is how I make my 600p groups. Some end up being 580pp and some 610pp so there is a range.

I find adding all the same parts makes the AI more competitive with each other compared to say, one AI with weight stage reduction 3 and another with weight stage reduction 1 but having similar pp.

Just use the same weight reductions and basic racing parts (brakes, pads, muffler, filter, manifold) and Rh Tyres to see where you get. From there you can power restrict them to equal performance through a few test races. This is how I make my 600p groups. Some end up being 580pp and some 610pp so there is a range.

I find adding all the same parts makes the AI more competitive with each other compared to say, one AI with weight stage reduction 3 and another with weight stage reduction 1 but having similar pp.
Ok I’ll do some experimenting - as long as I have a reasonably close range I should be good.

Top of the noggin’ is tough. I had created a sheet once upon a time with the hopes of tracking this behavior although haven’t used it (or played much GT this summer) since… feel free to add your experiences!

I think a copy/pasted link gets embedded…below is my trying to just put the usable link here…someone else can perhaps help me with that!
“https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10US7GF-n0N1wAX4ZOJtXKL6hJnovooPd2VNKDvZzskQ/edit”

I just checked out your sheet, awesome idea and a great concept. I don't race AI much so I don't really feel comfortable contributing but will share with my GT friends. Keep up the god work! And thanks, this is the kind of work that makes the game better for all of us - Good on You Bro!

Absolutely nothing better in this game than custom championships. Hopefully they'll become a proper feature someday, but until then, spreadsheets it is.
1694840466704.png

Edit: I forgot how insane the rubberbanding is on longer races and the last one had its finish ruined by 8th place suddenly deciding it wants nothing more than to stay by my side, despite being lapped twice. 7th place flew past me on the main straight on the 2nd to last lap 15 mph faster than it had ever gone, then braked far later than me, which it had never been able to do, and then I never saw it again. 8th almost took me out of the race with how aggressive it became, as if it had anything to gain. Watching its throttle inputs in the replay was frustrating. 95% if behind, 70% if in front. It was artificially sticking close to me.

It would have taken Polyphony less effort to make the custom race AI better than this. All they needed to do was leave it alone, to let the AI drive normally. Let it use its full throttle, and leave rubberbanding off. Instead the game picked whichever car was physically closest to me on the last lap and decided it would be the car to give me a "close" finish. Their meddling actively makes racing worse, when it could have been fine if they didn't mess with it at all.

This is still the best thing this game has to offer. I wish they would let it be great.

Last edited:
When you all do your custom championships:
How do you distribute the points, how do you decide the starting grid, what other rules and regulations come to use...?

After trying out different options I usually give away points to 15 cars(out of 20) in the following order:
24-19-15-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
One extra point for fastest lap in the race.
First starting grid random, all following starting grids in reverse order from the last race result...
Cars that are totally far ahead or far behind get tune ups/tune downs ("totally far" is a very subjective category, and depends on the race lenght, but more than 20secs ahead or back from the next car will be considered as such in most races...)
A time penalty must be obeyed within one lap of the ocurance.

Most of the time I either pick one car for the whole championship(and start in last position in the starting grid in any race) or I pick the car, that finished last in the last race(and start in last position...)
But sometimes I also just pick up any car I just like to drive at the moment...

When you all do your custom championships:
How do you distribute the points, how do you decide the starting grid, what other rules and regulations come to use...?

After trying out different options I usually give away points to 15 cars(out of 20) in the following order:
24-19-15-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
One extra point for fastest lap in the race.
First starting grid random, all following starting grids in reverse order from the last race result...
Cars that are totally far ahead or far behind get tune ups/tune downs ("totally far" is a very subjective category, and depends on the race lenght, but more than 20secs ahead or back from the next car will be considered as such in most races...)
A time penalty must be obeyed within one lap of the ocurance.

Most of the time I either pick one car for the whole championship(and start in last position in the starting grid in any race) or I pick the car, that finished last in the last race(and start in last position...)
But sometimes I also just pick up any car I just like to drive at the moment...
I just go by GT7's championship scoring. 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and the rest get 0. I tried out bonus points for the fastest lap but it usually just went to the leading AI anyway, so I scrapped it. Starting grids are reverse based on championship standings, whoever has the most points starts last. First race is lowest PP at the front, highest PP at the back. I'm too lazy to micromanage the cars, so they just are what they are. I'd rather a slow car surprise me with a sudden good race.

I did a 1-hour, MFG endurance race using the cars featured in the story. Though there are some differences such as the F8 Tributo in place of the 488 GTB, GT3 RS for the GT3, and the Cayman GT4 for the 718, etc.

Of course I played the part of the lead character, Kanata Livington and his turbocharged 86.

18aa2b159cd15-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b159ce2-screenshotUrl.jpg
18aa2b159ce64-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b159cf4-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b1f00e34-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b1f00c68-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b1f00d15-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b1f00b4-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b271ac93-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b271ac50-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2acce9479-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b271ad13-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b271ad42-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2b2b78b78-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2c8d2da53-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2c9477e68-screenshotUrl.jpg

18aa2c8f25144-screenshotUrl.jpg

Had a heated battle with the Ferrari on the final lap, clinched it on the final turn!

18aa2c0233816-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• 18aa2c0895217-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18aa2c0895217-screenshotUrl.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 18aa2b271ad13-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18aa2b271ad13-screenshotUrl.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 16
I bought a few of the ‘65 Honda Formula 1 cars too but when you add a livery it changes the default tyres to slicks which ruins the immersion for me. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the original tyres back? Feel like I’ve wasted a load of credits.
Edit. Oh I think it’s to do with how the creator of the style set the wheels.

Last edited:
1695581377857.png

The above pic saved in B & W via the replay camera made me think, can we run a race via console or game in B & W or maybe i can adjust the TV ?, .It might at least make the annoying fact that all the other cars in custom race/same car mode are the same colour/number more enjoyable & quite retro

View attachment 1289741

The above pic saved in B & W via the replay camera made me think, can we run a race via console or game in B & W or maybe i can adjust the TV ?, .It might at least make the annoying fact that all the other cars in custom race/same car mode are the same colour/number more enjoyable & quite retro
Someone showed pics of GT7 in a vhs-style replay mode. Looked like Best Motoring International videos. I think it may be a future replay function.

This may have been mentioned before but I couldn’t find it in the thread; has PD ever acknowledged the tyres resetting to default issue in custom races? I sent an email to Playstation to be passed on to SIE to PD but don’t expect to get a response.

This may have been mentioned before but I couldn’t find it in the thread; has PD ever acknowledged the tyres resetting to default issue in custom races? I sent an email to Playstation to be passed on to SIE to PD but don’t expect to get a response.
Polyphony doesn't care about custom races much. Payouts are terrible, AI is intentionally slow (95% throttle max), rubberbanding can't be disabled, tire issues remain.

It's got to be a simple thing to rectify in the code.
That can be said about a lot of the game's issues. We can only assume they're intentional after all this time.

The tire thing seems to be an intentional "strategy" for the AI cars, but it's as basic as it gets. Hards, then inters/wets for rain, then softs after. On street tires, who knows.

We still have a race of 2 laps at the Nordschleife that pays 25,000. That should be a simple number edit to fix. They haven't. It must be intentional.

I don't seem to be able to make a custom kart race with my own karts, though I can see on YT that it is/was possible before... what am I doing wrong?

Polyphony doesn't care about custom races much. Payouts are terrible, AI is intentionally slow (95% throttle max), rubberbanding can't be disabled, tire issues remain.
The AI aren’t intentionally slow, I don’t think. I reckon it’s a bug, because they only go to 95% throttle after the first turn/braking zone, and at launch, I believe they were fine, though I’m not completely sure on that. Could be wrong.

In any case, I believe the bug has gone as follows:

AI use 95% throttle off the line

then, a few months later

AI only use 95% throttle after the first corner/braking zone.

I suspect it’s something that either hasn’t hit their radar, or it’s not a big priority. I really wish it could be fixed, though. You can get around it but for certain extremes (Kei cars, Super Formula cars), you need to spend a good chunk of time optimising the power limiter/ECU percentage and/or the gear ratios to be equal with the AI.

Last edited:
what are your settings?

I've tried various combos, but if one enters Custom Races with a kart selected as your current car, the option to create a custom grid is greyed out.

Now, one can race a full grid of karts, and that is a lot of fun - but, you cannot use your own karts to create a full grid for some strange reason. Hence, you can only race against the default-liveried karts, and not a grid of your own liveried karts or liveries downloaded from Showcase... that's a great pity, as a mini-F! grid of karts would be magic.

I only discovered this after buying 10 karts (in order to get the Firm Favourite trophy) and applying custom liveries to them all, only to find that I can't create the grid I planned. :ouch:

I've tried various combos, but if one enters Custom Races with a kart selected as your current car, the option to create a custom grid is greyed out.

Now, one can race a full grid of karts, and that is a lot of fun - but, you cannot use your own karts to create a full grid for some strange reason. Hence, you can only race against the default-liveried karts, and not a grid of your own liveried karts or liveries downloaded from Showcase... that's a great pity, as a mini-F! grid of karts would be magic.

I only discovered this after buying 10 karts (in order to get the Firm Favourite trophy) and applying custom liveries to them all, only to find that I can't create the grid I planned. :ouch:
Ah, okay. Yeah, some things PD have done are wishy washy. I've seen custom liveries for Super Formulas, in Custom Races, but can't recall for the FT1500.

Back