Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,416 comments
Just in case anyone are bored. FC One Make races can be replicated. I had built one a while ago, but saw the FC in the UCD.
20830087022505548.jpg

296bhp/960kg

Just in case anyone are bored. FC One Make races can be replicated. I had built one a while ago, but saw the FC in the UCD.
View attachment 1282828
296bhp/960kg

I might try this. I bought one and wide-bodied it, gave it stage 3 weight reduction, racing brakes and pads, racing hard tyres and a racing exhaust which gets the car to PP568.79 and costs a total of 115,700 credits. So a full 20 car grid can be done for just over 2.3 million. That's less than the price of the Porsche Carrera GTS '64 I bought yesterday that I can't use in any of the historic races because it's not a road car 🙄.

I'll do a few test races before I go all in with another 19 though. I already feel like the suspension needs to be stiffer. If I added customised suspension to my car would it give me an advantage over the AI? If I added fully customised suspension to the AI cars as well would that even it out? I think I've read in this thread that custom setups can confuse the AI a bit.

I might try this. I bought one and wide-bodied it, gave it stage 3 weight reduction, racing brakes and pads, racing hard tyres and a racing exhaust which gets the car to PP568.79 and costs a total of 115,700 credits. So a full 20 car grid can be done for just over 2.3 million. That's less than the price of the Porsche Carrera GTS '64 I bought yesterday that I can't use in any of the historic races because it's not a road car 🙄.

I'll do a few test races before I go all in with another 19 though. I already feel like the suspension needs to be stiffer. If I added customised suspension to my car would it give me an advantage over the AI? If I added fully customised suspension to the AI cars as well would that even it out? I think I've read in this thread that custom setups can confuse the AI a bit.
Yes, I’ve found applying the same suspension to AI cars, when tuned, affords those cars the benefit of improved performance. Even when the full suspension is fitted and left stock, the difference is notable compared to a suspension tuned for more stiffness. In saying that, some players prefer the softness of the stock suspension.

I mainly try to recreate the look and attitude of the cars to real life. GT physics aren’t the best when translating what we see to how we actually drive. However, the smashing over curbs, the change of suspension travel and damper stiffness, adds to how involved you can tune the car to your liking.

Here's my 1960 - 1970 Le Mans grid. I have two classes here. The 580-615pp and the 640pp+ class. They all have racing hards and various tunings to make the duplicates slightly different. It is a bit predictable as to who comes out on top in short races, but with longer races, the fuel multiplier can mix it up a lot!

Last edited:
Guys does the tuned suspension make the AI cars slow? Or i can used them
You can set up a tuned suspension for the AI cars. Depends on the car, circuit and conditions. A tuned suspension can lower the center of gravity and lessen the dive & squat under braking and acceleration. A tuned soft suspension can help on rally courses. A tuned stiff suspension can help on twisty tarmac circuits. Too stiff during wet conditions and there is less weight transfer for tyre grip when cornering.

I find it’s more noticable with tyre compound. Road Cars on the stock grooved tyres, with a tuned suspension, help AI a bit, but the same suspension set up with a slick tyre, will give AI grip to aid in cornering and braking.

Hello All, apologies if this question should be posted somewhere else (if so please advise me where I should post this question).
I am looking for drivers to join some races in an exhibition league - but there is a twist. I am in a league that hold exhibition races in addition to our main league races. For our next exhibition series I am wanting to run a series of races where some of the field is made up of 'Traffic Vehicles'. The idea is to have 6 of the 16 cars in the lobby be either VW Sambabuses or Toyota Alphards with their original tuning. When the race starts these 'Traffic Vehicles' would immediately go into Ghost Mode and run the track on Auto Pilot. Being that all the other cars in the lobby are Gr. 3 race cars these vans/buses will be lapped and provide a twist to our normal races by providing some traffic.
My question is this:
Would anyone be interested in helping out some fellow racers by committing to join our lobbies, enter the vans/buses and setting them to ghost during our races?

Won’t take you long. I usually have four to eight of them. Two in ATCC guise and two in DTM guise or four dressed for DTM. Others in faux liveries from Assetto Corsa. Wish we could change the aero pieces to make it look like the BTCC version.
View attachment 1283548
View attachment 1283549
Yes that would be great. Would be great too if there were some other class 1 cars to rival it.

I was thinking of doing a reverse Sega Touring cars. If I remember correctly that had the Alfa and Calibra of that era and maybe a Mercedes and also Castrol Supra, so I was thinking of using the Supra and Skyline GT500s and the 155 to create something similar.

Yes that would be great. Would be great too if there were some other class 1 cars to rival it.

I was thinking of doing a reverse Sega Touring cars. If I remember correctly that had the Alfa and Calibra of that era and maybe a Mercedes and also Castrol Supra, so I was thinking of using the Supra and Skyline GT500s and the 155 to create something similar.
That’s good without having to nerf the Alfa.

As I've written elsewhere... As the Corolla is on its way now, and hopefully there will be great BTCC liveries soon, does anyone have good setups for some cars to replicate BTCC cars? Or even TCR cars?

I myself tried to set some of them vaguely like this... Now I can't post the specs. But I'm not sure if they're any good. I remember tuning the BMW M4, the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm too... Appropriately nerfed, of course... And then many other cars. But if anyone has setups like BTCC or TCR I'd love to see them.

As I've written elsewhere... As the Corolla is on its way now, and hopefully there will be great BTCC liveries soon, does anyone have good setups for some cars to replicate BTCC cars? Or even TCR cars?

I myself tried to set some of them vaguely like this... Now I can't post the specs. But I'm not sure if they're any good. I remember tuning the BMW M4, the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm too... Appropriately nerfed, of course... And then many other cars. But if anyone has setups like BTCC or TCR I'd love to see them.
I use TCR settings from the TCR site. Or type in a specific TCR or BTCC car, in the Search

Other members have added touring cars and should include specs.

I've got cars set with -5° Front/ -4° Rear Camber

Gearing usually tops at about 150-160mph. 4.5-4.7 final drive for just about everywhere. 4.1 final drive for the big tracks.

I guess the sweet spot would be in that 620-630 PP. Depends what other cars you're choosing with high torque.

Both newer Civic Type-Rs
Do pretty well versus the 4WDs.

Created a 2011 - 2015 Blancpain GT3 grid recently. This is a grid that makes custom 24h races really fun!

I have a gripe about the AI though. So many tracks lose their realism because of how the AI act. For example: on the Nurburgring endurance layouts they pull over, at nurburgring short layouts they brake on the high speed right hander before the last chicane, at Spa they brake for Eau Rouge, at Deep Forest Raceway they butcher the last corner before the home straight, at, Daytona they don't use full throttle on the banking after the infield, at Watkins Glen they butcher the chicane, at Bathurst they butcher the top of the mountain. There are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my noggin' right now.

It really makes the locations limited as to where you'll find hard racing.

Last edited:
Created a 2011 - 2015 Blancpain GT3 grid recently. This is a grid that makes custom 24h races really fun!

I have a gripe about the AI though. So many tracks lose their realism because of how the AI act. For example: on the Nurburgring endurance layouts they pull over, at nurburgring short layouts they brake on the high speed right hander before the last chicane, at Spa they brake for Eau Rouge, at Deep Forest Raceway they butcher the last corner before the home straight, at, Daytona they don't use full throttle on the banking after the infield, at Watkins Glen they butcher the chicane. There are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my noggin' right now.

I’ve a small grid of pre ‘66 cars I’m racing around Goodwood at the moment and the AI is lightning quick. I’m not sure if I’m just bad at that circuit or they just slay it but I’m getting no where near them on the easiest difficulty.

I have a gripe about the AI though. So many tracks lose their realism because of how the AI act. For example: on the Nurburgring endurance layouts they pull over, at nurburgring short layouts they brake on the high speed right hander before the last chicane, at Spa they brake for Eau Rouge, at Deep Forest Raceway they butcher the last corner before the home straight, at, Daytona they don't use full throttle on the banking after the infield, at Watkins Glen they butcher the chicane. There are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my noggin' right now.

Top of the noggin’ is tough. I had created a sheet once upon a time with the hopes of tracking this behavior although haven’t used it (or played much GT this summer) since… feel free to add your experiences!

I think a copy/pasted link gets embedded…below is my trying to just put the usable link here…someone else can perhaps help me with that!
“https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10US7GF-n0N1wAX4ZOJtXKL6hJnovooPd2VNKDvZzskQ/edit”

I’ve a small grid of pre ‘66 cars I’m racing around Goodwood at the moment and the AI is lightning quick. I’m not sure if I’m just bad at that circuit or they just slay it but I’m getting no where near them on the easiest difficulty.
Depends on the circuit, I think. On Catalunya and professional difficulty, I have a hard time catching them.

Top of the noggin’ is tough. I had created a sheet once upon a time with the hopes of tracking this behavior although haven’t used it (or played much GT this summer) since… feel free to add your experiences!

I think a copy/pasted link gets embedded…below is my trying to just put the usable link here…someone else can perhaps help me with that!
“https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10US7GF-n0N1wAX4ZOJtXKL6hJnovooPd2VNKDvZzskQ/edit”

What is your rating scale based on?

I have a tab called ‘criteria’ but I’ll confess it’s not tremendously thoughtful. A=no issues, though I’ve probably labeled some track/car combos as such without realizing there is an issue.

As you pointed out, a lot of the issues come down to high-speed corners where we can stay flat but the AI lifts or worse - brakes! I am usually a good enough role-player that I can lift a little in similar places so as not to dominate each lap, but that’ll be up to the individual to decide. As the lift becomes more immersion-breaking, I will decrease the grade. F is unplayable but I don’t know if I’ve used that yet.

For anyone who ends up going in there, feel free to add your own opinion in the same cell (comma-separated?), way better to crowdsource than take my half-assed word for it! Thanks

I created an homage to SEGA Touring Cars using the Alfa 155, Supra and Skyline GT500s (would be great to have some more super touring cars from that era). I want to use the fantasy tracks like High Speed Ring/Deep Forest to keep the arcade feel. Initially I matched the PP of the three cars but the Alfas dominated due to their superior power to weight. Then I decided to match their power to weight ratios but the Alfas were left in the dust. So after some tinkering I think I’ve found a decent balance. The Supra and Skyline both have the ECU output set at 95 and at the High Speed Ring the field is spread by 4 seconds over a 5 lap race. The Alfas were lightning off the line in a grid start but one Skyline reined them in and pulled out a little lead to win. The remaining cars all finished in a pack with myself in the middle (on Intermediate level).

Attachments

• IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5708.jpeg
    IMG_5708.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5707.jpeg
    IMG_5707.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5706.jpeg
    IMG_5706.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5705.jpeg
    IMG_5705.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5704.jpeg
    IMG_5704.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5703.jpeg
    IMG_5703.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 19
I created an homage to SEGA Touring Cars using the Alfa 155, Supra and Skyline GT500s (would be great to have some more super touring cars from that era). I want to use the fantasy tracks like High Speed Ring/Deep Forest to keep the arcade feel. Initially I matched the PP of the three cars but the Alfas dominated due to their superior power to weight. Then I decided to match their power to weight ratios but the Alfas were left in the dust. So after some tinkering I think I’ve found a decent balance. The Supra and Skyline both have the ECU output set at 95 and at the High Speed Ring the field is spread by 4 seconds over a 5 lap race. The Alfas were lightning off the line in a grid start but one Skyline reined them in and pulled out a little lead to win. The remaining cars all finished in a pack with myself in the middle (on Intermediate level).
I always find it funny that SEGA did DTM/JGTC crossover years before real crossover did happen :D

Latest Posts

Back