Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,436 comments
So I'm thinking of doing a Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1 custom series.

But its not going to well can this 2 cars be made competitive with each other?

I did a test both normal cars, RH tires, Boost set to weak, and I lower the Enzo HP down to 625 and.

Love the Idea of this anyone know which way to approach this problem?
Gran Turismo® 7_20241028003340.jpg

I did a test both normal cars, RH tires, Boost set to weak, and I lower the Enzo HP down to 625 and.

View attachment 1400948
A good starting point is to make sure they both have the same power, weight and downforce. If one of them is still significantly faster then add ballast until it evens out.

A good starting point is to make sure they both have the same power, weight and downforce. If one of them is still significantly faster then add ballast until it evens out.
Not sure if ballast will work since the f1 is lighter then the enzo 2,767 vs 2,513.

Thanks for the suggesting. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 1400948
Transmission may need to be paddle shift for the F1. Enzo will definitely have quicker shifts. If you use full race transmissions on both, could limit both top speeds to whatever you want.

I don’t have super and hyper cars, but are these two cars’ stock suspension setting similar? Maybe a tighter suspension setting for the AI to extend its performance programming.

Are the brakes upgraded on the F1? Carbon rotors or just racing brake pads help the AI go deeper with less mistakes in late braking.

Maybe, run an AI for both cars and you sit on the side of the road(Flags off) and see how they perform in a replay. At Spa like the race above and I guess one or two laps of Monza.

Transmission may need to be paddle shift for the F1. Enzo will definitely have quicker shifts. If you use full race transmissions on both, could limit both top speeds to whatever you want.

I don’t have super and hyper cars, but are these two cars’ stock suspension setting similar? Maybe a tighter suspension setting for the AI to extend its performance programming.

Are the brakes upgraded on the F1? Carbon rotors or just racing brake pads help the AI go deeper with less mistakes in late braking.

Maybe, run an AI for both cars and you sit on the side of the road(Flags off) and see how they perform in a replay. At Spa like the race above and I guess one or two laps of Monza.
Using your post I tune them up not to much since I wanna keep them base no parts you cant remove and so I got this result now.

What a difference.:)

I'm so excited for this one 10 Enzo vs 10 f1 all with different liveries.:drool:
Gran Turismo® 7_20241028021239.jpg

Edited farther testing on different tracks.
Gran Turismo® 7_20241028031509.jpg

Last edited:
Back