Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Its been done by a popular Japanese drifter. Can't remember his name.
Daigo Saito?

I've had my Prius ready for a 2JZ swap for ages now. PD just seems to ignore my cries...

20829203976025934.jpg

Last edited:
First post updated with the new engines.

I've rejigged it slightly, so the base car the engine is from is now in parentheses after the engine, with the other applications for it afterwards.
May I ask what some of the closed bracket exclamation marks mean on the first post? Noticed only a few have them.

Well...
I won the LS7 from the engine-only 6 star ticket.
The only car compatible is the S13, right? Should I wait that someone discovers a new compatible car or it's a good fit for the Silvia?

Well...
I won the LS7 from the engine-only 6 star ticket.
The only car compatible is the S13, right? Should I wait that someone discovers a new compatible car or it's a good fit for the Silvia?
Might be worth waiting unless you want a LS swapped S13 drift machine

I just got the corvette lt1 engine today! I saw this guy on YouTube with the same swap get a higher torque and hp than me as I have 829 hp and 681.3 ft.-lb

Here’s the video here:

Last edited:
I just got the corvette lt1 engine today! I saw this guy on YouTube with the same swap get a higher torque and hp than me as I have 829 hp and 681.3 ft.-lb

Here’s the video here:

If you’d actually like to do more than top speed runs, I have a tune for this swap and it’s actually useable.

Post in thread 'K20_Bones 600/700/No Limit, S and R Tire Street Car Tunes'

Last edited:
How likely do you guys think it is for more cars to be compatible with the 787b in the future?

I was just in a lobby with the z4 gt3 M3 swap and it is pretty impressive...very quick in the corners the owner said he was very suprised how planted and tame the car handled after swap.

Last edited:
How likely do you guys think it is for more cars to be compatible with the 787b in the future?
Personally would bung it in the RX-7. However, assuming this game will probably be supported for 3 years I wouldn't be surprised to see the Engine Swap aspect of the game honed and tuned with time. PD seem to have gotten the message that swaps are important to the community with the roulette reward today and seeming introduction of engine roulette tickets to the daily mileage rotation. There are still things they could do like clarify compatibility etc (which I'd expect them.to somehow sort) so kinda a watch this space thing IMO.

In short. RX7 for sure for me but wouldn't rule out other options down the line.

Last edited:
If you’d actually like to do more than top speed runs, I have a tune for this swap and it’s actually useable.

Post in thread 'K20_Bones 600/700/No Limit, S and R Tire Street Car Tunes'
Ok, thanks, the YouTuber I posted also posted a track tune for use that I applied on a separate setting sheet; I’ll still look though. Can you speak on the power disparity I mentioned?

That was before the update that stopped you from stacking high-compression pistons on top of turbos and superchargers.
Ok, thanks for the clarification, I missed your post.

Last edited:
I actually got this one, from a 4 star daily yesterday.........K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)

Hoping to get the engine for a V8 Miata from the new menu book, this evening. Although a GT500 Tundra wouldn't be bad either.

I have these 3 engines does anyone know of any cars that are compatible? Other than on the page 1 list

13B-REW-RX-7
BYH-R8
3UZ-FE-SC430

🤙

For anyone who's interested in the numbers.

I put the Z4 engine in the E46 M3.

Car had every mod beforehand and the widebody modification.

Pre Change: 460 bhp, 727.33 pp
Post Change: 522 bhp, 738.199 pp
Post Change with High RPM Turbo added: 788 bhp, 780.07 pp

Last edited:
I have these 3 engines does anyone know of any cars that are compatible? Other than on the page 1 list

13B-REW-RX-7
BYH-R8
3UZ-FE-SC430

🤙
Just what's on the first page at the moment...
For anyone who's interested in the numbers.

I put the Z4 engine in the E46 M3.

Car had every mod beforehand and the widebody modification.

Pre Change: 460 bhp, 727.33 pp
Post Change: 522 bhp, 738.199 pp
Post Change with High RPM Turbo added: 788 bhp, 738.19 pp
Weird that the PP rating for the M3 doesn't increase with the extra 266hp!! Where is the logic behind that? Even on the Z4 GT3 it goes up from 714 to around 765...

Got the LS7 today... it says "LS7-BRZ" which makes me think it fits in a BRZ... but it doesn't. Neither the new '21 BRZ, or the previous model. I've found that it fits the S13 Silvia Q and nothing else (which I don't really want to swap it in to). Just a strange way of doing things, GT/PD. I don't see why the engines we win can't just say "compatible with such and such cars" leaving us to hunt around a guess, or compile list like in this thread.

Still irritated that no LS/V8 fits in the FD RX7 because it's such a popular swap, and I would like to replicate my IRL car!

Last edited:
do these swaps depend on levels ?
or the cars you drive the most ?

so I've gotten my 3rd swap today since level 25 back in April, got my first 2 swaps before level 30...now I'm level 50 I got one this morning Porsche 993 engine 😑

1st swap was the Ford Coyote back at like level 15 I think my most used car, car I put the most mileage on was the Ford Mustang GT350R

2nd swap was the Mazda 13b around level 20-25 at the time the Re Amemiya Rx7 was the car I was using the most putting the most milage on

now... I use Porsche's alot I love them actually I put more mileage on my 996, 991 & 997 than any other cars in my garage......an the game gives me a Porsche engine 🤔

Last edited:
Got the LS7 today... it says "LS7-BRZ" which makes me think it fits in a BRZ... but it doesn't. Neither the new '21 BRZ, or the previous model. I've found that it fits the S13 Silvia Q and nothing else (which I don't really want to swap it in to). Just a strange way of doing things, GT/PD.
It says LS7-BRZ because it originally came from the BRZ drift car

Just what's on the first page at the moment...

Weird that the PP rating for the M3 doesn't increase with the extra 266hp!! Where is the logic behind that? Even on the Z4 GT3 it goes up from 714 to around 765...

That's an operator error.

With the High RPM turbo that should say 780.07 pp

Last edited:
Back