Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I'm tempted to pull of this glitch more than twice in one day, but I'm fearing the worst. If I were to get a ban, would I lose access to singleplayer or what?
I am really tempted to try, and i don’t blame anyone doing it considering how rare the engine parts and exclusive parts are, but i am a bit afraid to do it
Which reason would PD have to ban anyone. We are just using their software without any cheat or whatsoever. What we do they made it possible.

I even wonder if they did not do in on purpose. To get some spectacular attention for GT7 after all the negative feedback of the last months.

So guys, do not miss this opportunity! I got 1 engine in 4 months, that would make 5 years of everyday daily milage just to collect all engines, if no duplicates, which is absurd. You would regret not doing it.

UPDATE 31 engines. Still no Porka and only one Honda engine. These things are like Gold Dust!

Am I missing any engines. I count 14. Are there 17 ?

LS7-BRZ X 4
13B-REW-RX-7 X 6
LS9-Corvette X 5
2JZ-GTE-Supra X 7
VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO X 4
3UZ-FE-SC430 X 3
LT5-Corvette-C7 X 4
LT1-Corvette X 8
R26B-787B X 4
BYH-R8 X 3
K20C1-Civic-'20 X 1
P65B44-Z4 X 3
SR20DET-Silvia X 3
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang X 3

Last edited:
After a couple of hours, this is what I got. So far the rare ones for me are the Porsche and LS7 BRZ engines. Most common on the other hand, are the 2JZ and 13B. I think I'm still missing one engine, but I'm looking forward to those 2JZ and K20 swaps :drool:

Attachments

• 1819a8de51d12-4420FCAAED9C43AD052.351546FA7449DB01_message_423975768175216_1656155344434.jpg
    1819a8de51d12-4420FCAAED9C43AD052.351546FA7449DB01_message_423975768175216_1656155344434.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 22
After a couple of hours, this is what I got. So far the rare ones for me are the Porsche and LS7 BRZ engines. Most common on the other hand, are the 2JZ and 13B. I think I'm still missing one engine, but I'm looking forward to those 2JZ and K20 swaps :drool:

My most popular 6* is the LT1-CORVETTE, seconded by the 2JZ, 3rd the 13B. My rarest win is the K20C1-CIVIC-'20. I have only one of those. Not one Porsche engine at all yet.

With the 5* I keep getting Pagani, Bugatti and the Porsche invite. It's a shame Porsche can't invite me a engine 🤣

Last edited:
UPDATE 31 engines. Still no Porka and only one Honda engine. These things are like Gold Dust!

Am I missing any engines. I count 14. Are there 17 ?

LS7-BRZ X 4
13B-REW-RX-7 X 6
LS9-Corvette X 5
2JZ-GTE-Supra X 7
VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO X 4
3UZ-FE-SC430 X 3
LT5-Corvette-C7 X 4
LT1-Corvette X 8
R26B-787B X 4
BYH-R8 X 3
K20C1-Civic-'20 X 1
P65B44-Z4 X 3
SR20DET-Silvia X 3
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang X 3
I have 8 of the Porsche ‘92 but none of the ‘01 (does it exist?)

I think the Hellcat-Charger one is also missing from your list.

Just got a 2nd Honda K20C1-Civic'20, a 5th Coyote-5.0L-Mustang, and my 1st Charger SRT Hellcat '15 engine. However, the 2JZ, and the 13B are still definitely my most popular at 8 now. Also bagged me titanium connecting rods for the Roadster Hot Rod.

I have a question though. Is there only one Honda engine ? I felt sure that some of the engines were a different year or variant. But they end up under the same label. Hmm. Are my eyes playing tricks ??

Last edited:
I've just got the 3uz-fe-sc430 does anyone know in that car i can put it in? I also have the 13b-rew-rx-7 put in a 89 miata and the lt1-corvette in a 15 miata but i dont have any idea for the sc430...

Last edited:
Just got a 2nd Honda K20C1-Civic'20, a 5th Coyote-5.0L-Mustang, and my 1st Charger SRT Hellcat '15 engine. However, the 2JZ, and the 13B are still definitely my most popular at 8 now. Also bagged me titanium connecting rods for the Roadster Hot Rod.

I have a question though. Is there only one Honda engine ? I felt sure that some of the engines were a different year or variant. But they end up under the same label. Hmm. Are my eyes playing tricks ??
One Honda engine only, but three swaps for it.

I can confirm this works on all three menus. The Type R does not show you winning the car but it shows in your garage.

Maybe you may want to stock up for when we can sell cars….

Does anybody know how the engine swaps fare against BoP / "Specified Car Type" rules?

I have no idea, but I guess BoP temporarily reverts your car to stock engine…? About SCT rules – these usually come paired with Max.Power & Min.Weight restrictions…

🤔🤔🤔

I missed GT5 and GT6, but prior to those you could only sell bought cars a d not won ones
I can’t remember which one, but at one point you could sell prize cars also. There was an easy to win car that you could then turn around and sell for profit. I cannot remember the specifics though….

I guess we will have to wait and see what PD allows whenever they activate it.

I can’t remember which one, but at one point you could sell prize cars also. There was an easy to win car that you could then turn around and sell for profit. I cannot remember the specifics though….

I guess we will have to wait and see what PD allows whenever they activate it.
Do you mean the toyota rally car in gt4?

You can literally spam the NSX rally car, you dont even have to go to the garage. I made 30 cars in 1 minute!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know what, this leaves PD with only one option.

They’re going to have to create another ~16 new engine swaps (once the inevitable patch goes live). Otherwise swaps will become meaningless.

There will be no bans, or action taken against the community. It’s on them to put the game right, and if they’re serious about swaps being something special, they’re simply going to have to build more.

They’re going to have to create another ~16 new engine swaps (once the inevitable patch goes live). Otherwise swaps will become meaningless.

There will be no bans, or action taken against the community. It’s on them to put the game right, and if they’re serious about swaps being something special, they’re simply going to have to build more.
They might just have to delete the roulette altogether

Does anybody know how the engine swaps fare against BoP / "Specified Car Type" rules?

I have no idea, but I guess BoP temporarily reverts your car to stock engine…? About SCT rules – these usually come paired with Max.Power & Min.Weight restrictions…

🤔🤔🤔
Having had the 4rotor RX-7 since early on (as well as a few others, I've been super lucky, but now that advantage is no more) I can tell you that engine swap cars are not available for selection in certain lobby settings, whether that was tuning prohibited or BoP races I can't remember. I think it was BoP, but not certain.

For open tune lobby, the race-car engines are much more fuel economical for the power than road engines, which is a big advantage.

Put the sc430 into the Tundra.

Have done it 4 times now but just twice witch the engine swaps trying with 4 star roulette ticket to hopefully pull one special part

And they should tbh. It’s weird we have these particular engines/swaps and not some of the more obvious ones.

I’d sacrifice all the swaps for more SP events tbh, so I hope they sort that out first before putting any resources into more swaps.

It would be nice if you could put something in the older Subaru's type r, or 22b, the fiat 500, small Suzukis, Toyota sport 800, Honda beat, s2000, s660, Mazda demio, all the small cars. For instance put a bigger engine in the ford fiesta. Also we can't put a engine in the Renault 5GT, or a bigger engine in the Toyota Corolla GT Four. There are no engines for the mitsubishi lancers either, or the older skyline. I could go on. There's massive scope for this engine swap feature.

Latest Posts

Back