Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
ddm
You cannot enter BoP events with an engine swap. (At least, not for lobbies. Not sure abt Custom Race.)
The game will show the BoP popup which suggests it will revert your car to stock engine,
but after that will show an empty "Your car does not meet the regulations." screen.

Huh. Are you ... sure about this? Carbon prop shafts are set to be attached to chassis, not engine.
They should persist just like gearboxes and, well, almost everything else, afaik.

Because it's attached to chassis, if it really is gone:
you'd need another carbon prop shaft for the base car, not the prop shaft for the engine swap's original car.
100% I had the carbon Propshaft on my Toyota GR86 and nothing else, I put in a 2JZ the propshaft option reverts back to normal and you unable to change it.

I thought it would stay as the warning specifically state engine mods will be removed and the propshaft is in its own section under driveshaft. Gutted.

Swimming in engines, but still don’t have the BRZ engine. I’ve got multiple duplicates of all the others. I’m sure it’ll come eventually!

Got 500k twice, and a couple of S Parts today.

I wonder how much longer we’ll get away with this…? 😇
38 engines here, still haven't got the Corvette LT5 engine, or the Nismo engine... however i have FIVE BRZ engines.
100% I had the carbon Propshaft on my Toyota GR86 and nothing else, I put in a 2JZ the propshaft option reverts back to normal and you unable to change it.

I thought it would stay as the warning specifically state engine mods will be removed and the propshaft is in its own section under driveshaft. Gutted.
I wonder if you could equipped that carbon shaft after the engine swap. But damn, the system is so ridiculous, lol. I wonder how many people have the best possible car, with engine swapped, stage 5 weight reduction, ultra high rpm turbo, carbon shafts and so on... probably close to zero.

Nah, I was just advised to try and not spread too much publicly, that's all, and whoever asked me for this, has good reasons.

Plus, I actually can't share it on the posts here because it's against the rules, I however can do so in PMs, which is why I advised people to PM and I'll share.

I'm not gaining anything from this. However, I, just like many other people, got this from other people spreading the information to me, in return I try to do the same for the other people who don't know about it.

The design of the tickets is horrendous, and I think everyone needs a way to get something out of this exploit because of it.
Thanks for the DM. That script is working very well. It's even anticipated on when you receive a gift car so you need more X buttons, it's all there.

Nah, I was just advised to try and not spread too much publicly, that's all, and whoever asked me for this, has good reasons.

Plus, I actually can't share it on the posts here because it's against the rules, I however can do so in PMs, which is why I advised people to PM and I'll share.

I'm not gaining anything from this. However, I, just like many other people, got this from other people spreading the information to me, in return I try to do the same for the other people who don't know about it.

The design of the tickets is horrendous, and I think everyone needs a way to get something out of this exploit because of it.
Thanks for sending me the link, got it running in the background while I watch movies and get on with chores.
Can highly recommend running it this way, just start it up and go do something else while it runs in the background

roughly 90 eng
38 engines here, still haven't got the Corvette LT5 engine, or the Nismo engine... however i have FIVE BRZ engines.

I wonder if you could equipped that carbon shaft after the engine swap. But damn, the system is so ridiculous, lol. I wonder how many people have the best possible car, with engine swapped, stage 5 weight reduction, ultra high rpm turbo, carbon shafts and so on... probably close to zero.
90ish engines so far...1 787b. 12 k20's lol.
Is it just me or does the lt5 corvette spin pretty much as hard as the s13...
I've been working on a roll tune but she is an absolute animal...
From 60mph to 170mph all 3rd gear it spins hard with high lsd settings and tcs 5. Crazy...

This is my list so far. Nearly 100 engines and only 1 Porsche engine still. But pretty much have everything else. I just put a Honda engine in the Mini.

16561881729186735824678472585903.jpg

After engine swap you can equip only rare parts that are not related to the previous engine, so basicaly only shaft and weight reduction. Those two dont make much of a difference cca 5PP so any ultimate luck build (swap + ultra high RMP turbo) is not posibble.

Last edited:
I'll get the tissues. 😭

Wouldn't mind but I only need 1 more Porsche engine. Not that I'm hugely ungrateful or anything. 1 for the beetle, 1 for the samba bus.
Yep same. It was my only reason for continuing after acquiring at least one of each. I've stopped now. Might have a sporadic go at the bonanza again but now I slowly want to hone each swap until I get it to a level I'm able to put the power down at and make each swap usable as they're all varying degrees of wild (in my hands at least).

Starting with the RX7. Will hone it, Tokyo it, then move on to the next.

It's mysterious. Do ya think Kaz is watching us all on cam lol lol
I think I got my first one at 94/95th engine, and it took until the 140th to get the second one. Craaaazy!

Last edited:

Fair enough - albeit the glitch is well known, just not the afk script - it was just the way your post came off - I apologize for being "rude" ...as the other commenter stated.

I'm sorry.

To the others...
Can we continue on as if we are all normal? ...🤪 😉 ....

Fair enough - albeit the glitch is well known, just not the afk script - it was just the way your post came off - I apologize for being "rude" ...as the other commenter stated.

I'm sorry.
Not many people on the internet have the guts to aknowledge their rudeness and apologizing for it. So, respect for that.
Plus, most of it is misunderstandings, which was exactly what I thought as soon as I read your post.

Let's move on and keep milking this. ;)

Back