Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Once I do an engine swap, when I am in GT Auto and change parts, I choose my caliper colour then go into livery editor and the caliper colour reverts to acid green.

When I come out and go back in and change colours, the caliper colour on the car will not change, even when I equip a different colour, it is still acid green.

Extremely annoying as it ruins the look I am going for.
Yep, this has been happening since Engine Swap Bonanza began....

Once I do an engine swap, when I am in GT Auto and change parts, I choose my caliper colour then go into livery editor and the caliper colour reverts to acid green.

When I come out and go back in and change colours, the caliper colour on the car will not change, even when I equip a different colour, it is still acid green.

Extremely annoying as it ruins the look I am going for.
This has nothing to do with the engine swap. It's a bug in the last update. Refer Known Bug thread

Day 7(?) of engine swap glitch
IMG_20220629_085753.jpg

Still missing 3 2JZ... And today i don't have any spare time, just around 2hr to grind :( Oh well....

Currently having around 2/3 of all cars. Now i just want 3M (to buy a 2nd F40 and Dodge Challenger R/T 70') and 3 2JZ.
I'm not asking too much lol. If i can't get on 4* tickets the money, i'll grind Le Mans with my 699PP Aston Martin DBR 9.

Last edited:
Would the
Audi
  • BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
be used to recreate the SARD MC8 ?

The R8 engine specs are closer to the 1UZ-FE than the 3UZ-FE-SC430 in game

Last edited:
As previously mentioned, I re-worked script to account for 4 star ticket 'car prize'.

Now that it is prepared to accept every possible prize without error, I monitored it for a few hours. The only issue with the macro/script, is that "SLOW TICK" it gets, and you have to wiggle sticks. (not a fan of rubber band, or {cheese} on touch pad as seen some do for the pan am a few months back.)

So-

I was in a chat party sharing inventory winnings with a friend for a bit, and he later went to bed. Not realizing I was still in party, I started up my script and still had my headset plugged in.

I passed out, and when I got up, was shocked to see script still running smooth after 7 hours!! No accidental legendary purchases, no extra funds charged to my account or anything like people have been fearing.

IN SHORT- HEADSET PLUGGED INTO CONTROLLER - SEEMS TO ELIMINATE SLOW TICK-

SIDE NOTE: MADE 10 MIL OVER NIGHT!

I hope we'll be able to sell gift cars one dayView attachment 1166862
Even if they were considering the sale of gift cars, following this incident there's no way in hell they will! I picked up a few dozen of the Gr. B NSX's just in case/for custom one-make races, but I don't see it happening.

The one good thing is many of us have received so many duplicate race cars that don't have a lot of tuning investment required that it should be quite profitable just selling off the ones we actually purchased. Barring higher-end road cars it wouldn't make sense if one has already purchased a few sets of tires, and all of the parts one snags to fully upgrade a car. They'd have to sell for at least 200k to even be worth selling, given the need to re-purchase all of the upgrades...

Either way, I have a feeling the ability to sell cars is going to be delayed even further after these shenanigans, lol
Engine swapped Tundra is hilarious at Le Mans...
Imagine the drivers of gr.4 racecars watching a Tundra disappear down the Mulsanne straight. 🤣
View attachment 1167199
Ha, I just got done running the Tundra at WTC Sarthe myself! It's a surprisingly decent ride. Next up is the Crown Athlete!

Last edited:
Even if they were considering the sale of gift cars, following this incident there's no way in hell they will! I picked up a few dozen of the Gr. B NSX's just in case/for custom one-make races, but I don't see it happening.

The one good thing is many of us have received so many duplicate race cars that don't have a lot of tuning investment required that it should be quite profitable just selling off the ones we actually purchased. Barring higher-end road cars it wouldn't make sense if one has already purchased a few sets of tires, and all of the parts one snags to fully upgrade a car. They'd have to sell for at least 200k to even be worth selling, given the need to re-purchase all of the upgrades...

Either way, I have a feeling the ability to sell cars is going to be delayed even further after these shenanigans, lol

Ha, I just got done running the Tundra at WTC Sarthe myself! It's a surprisingly decent ride. Next up is the Crown Athlete!
The crown is solid with the V8 gonna do a 700pp tune for it later. The BMW m3 with the V8 swap is phenomenal with a 700pp tune for the Le Mans race.

Engine swapped Tundra is hilarious at Le Mans...
Imagine the drivers of gr.4 racecars watching a Tundra disappear down the Mulsanne straight. 🤣
I always wonder what the AI drivers think when that monster comes barreling up into their rear-view, brakes squealing as it tears into the hairpin, lol.

So, now that we have all these engines, has anyone found any new available cars to swap into?
Maybe if my FB post gains some traction and likes the idea will spread closer to PD's doorstep. I suggested a few that I think would expand the potential/individuality of engine swaps!

Gold at beyond the horizon is the answer. How I got mine.
I cant get gold ive been trying, the cone challenge im about a tenth off, and the rally, too slippery, doing my head in, im sure that car was in the used dealership and i never bought one, why dosent that change each day, what a joke...

I cant get gold ive been trying, the cone challenge im about a tenth off, and the rally, too slippery, doing my head in, im sure that car was in the used dealership and i never bought one, why dosent that change each day, what a joke...
If it helps, you get engines from the 4star toyota collection, if your still hoping for an engine, maybe rotate that and the nsx video, wont get as much engine overstock, but they do pop up!

Latest Posts

Back