Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I just need 5 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97), and to buy a Dodge Challenger R/T '70, so i can use Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat).

More than 100 engines already (not counting all i've used on all cars), but 0 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97) (used all 4 i had on Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02, Subaru BRZ S '21, Toyota GR86 RZ '21 and Toyota GR Yaris '20).

Later today, gonna grind a bit more to see if i can get 5 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97).

Last edited:
I just need 5 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97), and to buy a Dodge Challenger R/T '70 so i can use Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat).
More than 100 engines already, but 0 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97) (used all 4 i had on Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02, Subaru BRZ S '21, Toyota GR86 RZ '21 and Toyota GR Yaris '20).
This is the same for me with the 3uz, only 2 out of over 100 tickets. I would like extras of these.

Just won a 6 star Engine ticket from the daily workout. The irony! I’ve heard about the new Parts tickets but not this one. Interesting 🤔

Attachments

• C4967DD6-E389-4559-BFB9-44078BF3EF07.jpeg
    C4967DD6-E389-4559-BFB9-44078BF3EF07.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
To all the people saying that the swapped cars are unusable, I suspect it's because you're smashing all the power the engine will make in to it and crashing a lot.

I actually found that the cars with their stock swapped engines are actually great fun to drive as they come. For example, slap the 13B in to an NA MX5, put some sports hard tyres on it and take it out for a spin, it's great fun.

Sure, if you wind the 13B up to 600-odd horsepower it's going to become an animal, but at the ~300 it comes with after the swap it's great fun.
Yes, similar school of thought here. I even take it a step further and detune the power to smooth out delivery with the aim of experiencing the advantages of the swap without the extremities of the donor. Don't need it all to improve on the pre-swap base.

Similarly I have an Ultra High RX7 turbo but will indeed use it on an RX7 as opposed to a 13B'd Eunos.

Last edited:
As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
BMW

• P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW M3 '03
Chevrolet

• LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
Dodge

• Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Ford

• Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Honda

• K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65
Lexus

• 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19
Mazda

• 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
Nissan

• SR20DET-Silvia (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX
Porsche

• M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62
Subaru

• LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)
Toyota

• 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Tundra with SC430 engine can’t be real. Very economical as in can do Le Mans on 1 stop and decent speed on racing hard with all upgrades. Slightly weird to overtake race cars in a pick up truck…

Last edited:
I just need 5 Toyota 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97), and to buy a Dodge Challenger R/T '70, so i can use Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat) on July 9th. :)
I think I've had 1 of the 2JZ. Would appreciate more! Had 7 of the BRZ engine at one stage, but fitted one. Haven't won another one since. I'm hoping tonight is my night for VR38's and 2JZ's...

This may have been mentioned already, but there is a script to automate engine swapping (requires any kind of windows pc) . After a few hours of doing 1,3,1,3,1,3 ad nauseam I finally threw in the towel and set it up. Next morning I had minimum of 26, maximum 40 of each engine type plus 15 million more credits and 34 more cars. Now I can ignore this and go back to driving... and tuning Herbie with the Porsche engine to see if I can get him anywhere close to controllable XD

Seriously though I recommend the script. When I tried to push through the manual way, it took me two hours just to get one of each engine. But of course a person needs more than the one! And just as with grinding a race for money, I gradually associated the game with drudgery and OCD-ness, which Yamauchi himself has said he doesn't want the game to be :)

Last edited:
This may have been mentioned already, but there is a script to automate engine swapping (requires any kind of windows pc) . After a few hours of doing 1,3,1,3,1,3 ad nauseam I finally threw in the towel and set it up. Next morning I had minimum of 26, maximum 40 of each engine type plus 15 million more credits and 34 more cars. Now I can ignore this and go back to driving... and tuning Herbie with the Porsche engine to see if I can get him anywhere close to controllable XD

Seriously though I recommend the script. When I tried to push through the manual way, it took me two hours just to get one of each engine. But of course a person needs more than the one! And just as with grinding a race for money, I gradually associated the game with drudgery and OCD-ness, which Yamauchi himself has said he doesn't want the game to be :)
I read in one of the threads on here, someone used the script and while it was running got hacked and ended up having over $300 spent from his card linked with his PS account forgot to set a password on his card so it ended up spending over $300 on his PSN account... So I might not jump on the script bus, personally. Knowing my luck I'd end up messing this up somehow anyway.

Last edited:
I set the AFK script up yesterday afternoon. Started at 11.5mn, went to 19.7mn by night time. Bought the F1 GTR LT and then left the script running all night. Had 9.7mn, woke up with 24mn 😱. A lot less S parts but I'll take that. I made 22mn in about 18 hours of the script running.

Last edited:
Tundra with SC430 engine can’t be real. Very economical as in can do Le Mans on 1 stop and decent speed on racing hard with all upgrades. Slightly weird to overtake race cars in a pick up truck…
I am definitely building a group 3 tundra now! Lol.

That sounds like a fun build.

I read in one of the threads on here, someone used the script and while it was running got hacked and ended up having over $300 spent from his card linked with his PS account... So I might not jump on the script bus, personally.
That's why you don't just download and run a random exe. I got the Autohotkey program (a legit known program from the official site), copied the script contents that someone had posted--it's code but very basic and readable, just button presses, anything shady would pop up right away--to notepad, save as a .ahk file, open Autohotkey, browse to the ahk file you saved, click compile, and now you have an exe that you know the contents of.

Or you can use other programs to make your own script by recording your inputs and saving them so they can be looped forever. Then you know it's only what you've recorded. I'm less familiar with that but it might be more approachable to people who are put off by code. I think there are some reddit threads where people describe what you need to do that. (Keep in mind if you do that that during the 4 star ticket reward you will want it to keep pressing X for 10 seconds after you get the reward before backing out, as the different possible rewards take varying amounts of time to finish animating when you get them)

Last edited:
I want to say it was this thread that someone stated depending on what car you have selected the prize outcome could be vastly different. Can confirm.

R34: $500K/Z4 motor
Supra: 21’ GT86/SR20
NA2 NSX: $1M/BYH V10
997 GT3: GR4 458/K20

The 458 raffle was wild considering the prizes were only vehicles. No money no parts nada. Just cars. I’ve also won countless Ultra High RPM Turbos and coilovers. Also have both Porsche engines. No carbon driveshafts or stage 4 weight reduction as of yet.
I get that happening with the same car selected where I'll hit 3-5 car-only 4* in a row, or win the 500k/1,000,000 credit prize 3/5 pulls, but without changing cars it'll suddenly switch into a new streak. Also won the ultra turbo for the BRX Drift car 3 spins in a row...

Restarting the game has far more of an impact if you want to break out of one of these streaks than changing a car does. It's just a placebo effect

Ah man. The Nismo'd Lancia... nothing comes close.

Literally dump the lump and you're good to go. Anything else you add just makes it even better... so controllable and pliant unmodified. Brakes and some suspension just makes it a dream. Doesn't really need a tune.
Also adding a bit of downforce and great tires, a quarter-mile and time attack monster

I read in one of the threads on here, someone used the script and while it was running got hacked and ended up having over $300 spent from his card linked with his PS account... So I might not jump on the script bus, personally.

The script presses buttons as if you are pressing buttons on the controller... If someone hasn't set the script timings to match their screen load times then it will eventually press buttons in the wrong screens, possibly including buying stuff from the PlayStation store, if one is silly enough to have enabled credit card purchases without a password/pin.

Not hacked, just stupid. Hopefully the script bought some fun stuff, which will ease the pain.

Yes, I noticed this but I'd rather have this issue than an uncontrollable car that's too wild to use.

The Lancia handles so good without any tuning in my hands and I'm just a decent player - with some brakes and basic suspension mods it becomes even better. Add the transmission and adjust to hit 200MPH and its a pocket rocket that can put it down and hang in the corners.

I mean I was able to start matching my best RX-787 times within a couple of laps of using the Lancia
Add the carbon ceramic brakes from the menu where you get wet tires. It makes those obnoxiously-long brake zones shrink at least 30-40% over the racing rotors. I know with cars like the F50 and F1 '94 the carbon ceramic make them very viable in the 800pp WTC at Sardegna and give them almost the same braking efficiency as the Gr.3/Gr.2 cars.

That's why you don't just download and run a random exe. I got the Autohotkey program (a legit known program from the official site), copied the script contents that someone had posted--it's code but very basic and readable, just button presses, anything shady would pop up right away--to notepad, save as a .ahk file, open Autohotkey, browse to the ahk file you saved, click compile, and now you have an exe that you know the contents of.

Or you can use other programs to make your own script by recording your inputs and saving them so they can be looped forever. Then you know it's only what you've recorded. I'm less familiar with that but it might be more approachable to people who are put off by code. I think there are some reddit threads where people describe what you need to do that. (Keep in mind if you do that that during the 4 star ticket reward you will want it to keep pressing X for 10 seconds after you get the reward before backing out, as the different possible rewards take varying amounts of time to finish animating when you get them)
Sounds far too clever for my simple brain.

Back