Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Engine swapped Tundra is hilarious at Le Mans...
Imagine the drivers of gr.4 racecars watching a Tundra disappear down the Mulsanne straight. 🤣
View attachment 1167199
That’s hilarious and actually a bigger margin of victory than I get on average with Gr.3 Evo or Gr.3 WRX which is right around 2:00 give or take several seconds. I’ll have to use the swapped Tundra my next go around there.

That’s hilarious and actually a bigger margin of victory than I get on average with Gr.3 Evo or Gr.3 WRX which is right around 2:00 give or take several seconds. I’ll have to use the swapped Tundra my next go around there.
I won by about that margin using a swapped S13 yesterday despite heawy rain

Swapped Toyota crown with the GT500 V8 with a solid 700pp tune on Le Mans race is great. Sounds awesome and is lively. Took some getting used to the 8 gears though. That and the M3 have been the most usable swaps so far for me on the 700pp Le Mans race. I tried the 300ZX and Integra but they go through fuel way to fast.

Swapped Toyota crown with the GT500 V8 with a solid 700pp tune on Le Mans race is great. Sounds awesome and is lively. Took some getting used to the 8 gears though. That and the M3 have been the most usable swaps so far for me on the 700pp Le Mans race. I tried the 300ZX and Integra but they go through fuel way to fast.
Integra did a nice 2 stop race for me earlier. It was only just quick enough to manage it without the swap, so it was nice to have a bit more breathing room!

Me: "I have been in IT for 20+ years. I can write in Python, Powershell and C++, surely I can code a quick AHK script......"
Mistakes were made...... LOL

Oops.PNG

That's because the roulette is fake. You actually have a given chance of a prize, then it picks the rest of the prizes that will appear near it, often including ones that your current tier of ticket cannot actually give. In fact, while it was previously thought to be randomly selected, after watching well over a thousand tickets I can confirm there are preset fake categories that will surround your real prize!

For example, a 4 star ticket can only win 10k, 30k, 500k, or 1M as a money prize. However, 2k, 5k, and 100k still appear around it, and 1M and 500k appear far more often than they can actually be won. But it doesn't end there, if you watch enough you can see patterns form. If the ticket shows 10k, 30k, 100k, 500k, and 1M, you are guaranteed to get 10k. Every time. If it shows 5k, 30k, 100k, 500k, and 1M, you are guaranteed to get 30k. Of course, that is only showing the lowest winnable prize when they're all cash. However...

While I don't remember the exact layouts now, you can see more patterns. If I remember correctly, one of them is 10k, 2 cars, a part, and an invitation. You are guaranteed to get the first of the two cars in that order.

500k and 1M prizes, as far as I can tell, are always the same layout. 2k, two fake prizes in between I forgot (car and part?), 500k, 1M? Guaranteed 500k. I wish I could remember these better, but unfortunately 500k is only a 4% chance, and 1M is only a 1% chance!

Anyway, the point is, Polyphony have deliberately chosen to tease you with better prizes. They selected the categories that surround your tiny prizes. They intentionally made sure that your 10k prize looks like it was just about to hit 1M, though the chance was never there, it was never going to stop on 1M.

At this point, I know when I'm going to get a decent prize just because the layout is unusual. I don't see 1M often, so when it does come up, that pre-determined layout isn't familiar to me, meaning I'm going to get that 1M. Otherwise, I recognize it as one of the pre-determined layouts that pop up all the time.
I got the 1 mill today. I'm level 34 and most of the time, I def get the cheapest thing on the wheel. I best go buy a loto ticket I suppose.

Anyone have a tune to tame the Miata with the Vette engine? I tried it at Sarthe for the 30 minute race and it's an animal. Managed half a lap and went back to the Alfa.

Here’s an interesting vehicle to appear in a roulette ticket for me. I’m unsure if this is a unique livery, or a bugged out version of the original RSR livery. If you look closely, it has all of the normal decals except for the stripes and matte grey finish.
I think there are unique liveries for some of the GT3 cars, or certainly unique colours that appear on there. I've seen a couple that aren't available from the dealership such as a blue and yellow version of the HTP AMG GT GT3 and a red version of the stock Dodge Viper GT3 scheme. No idea if they actually normal if you win one because I haven't.

I wonder if it's an issue somehow combining the base colour of one variation with another livery over the top?

Last edited:
In another universe, this would be my daily driver in real life (still trying to make it obey my commands):

View attachment 1166916
Very nice and subtle livery, I like it!

Is yours maxed out power-wise? If yes, then please do let me know when you have managed to tame it. I found it either oversteers like crazy up until 35:65 F:R split ratio and then comes the violent snap-off oversteer at 40:60 ratio.

Anyone have a tune to tame the Miata with the Vette engine? I tried it at Sarthe for the 30 minute race and it's an animal. Managed half a lap and went back to the Alfa.
I have had this swap for a few months and have yet to cage that beast. By comparison I was able to lap all the other swaps the first time out. I think the ND is probably the hardest to tune the wild out of.

I think there are unique liveries for some of the GT3 cars, or certainly unique colours that appear on there. I've seen a couple that aren't available from the dealership such as a blue and yellow version of the HTP AMG GT GT3 and a red version of the stock Dodge Viper GT3 scheme. No idea if they actually normal if you win one because I haven't.

I wonder if it's an issue somehow combining the base colour of one variation with another livery over the top?
The blue and yellow AMG GT is also shown in the Manufacturer races during the race start intro….
I have seen it on the roulette a few times and I am hoping to win it to see if it is possible that they have a few bonus liveries.

I was pleasantly surprised with a car I do not have from a 4* ticket yesterday and could not afford. I was using the 2J '70 at the time on 800 Sardegna to grind for Ferrari F40 credits. It was a a nice change from the many duplicates.
P_20220629_194752.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised with a car I do not have from a 4* ticket yesterday and could not afford. I was using the 2J '70 at the time on 800 Sardegna to grind for Ferrari F40 credits. It was a a nice change from the many duplicates. View attachment 1167558
That is one heck of a price for a 4 star ticket :), congrats!
Now good luck driving it when fully upgraded, this one is a hand full :lol:, this one can gets you alot of air-time on the nordschleife haha

Back