Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,556 comments
They've also explicitly stated in an interview some of their plans for what they'll be working on next for Sophy.
We hope to have GT Sophy offered on many more tracks as well as at different performance levels that are personalized to and can challenge each individual player.
While our current version of GT Sophy is a competitive AI racing agent, we understand there are skills it still needs to learn about. For example, exploring more cars and tracks in the game as well as driving proficiently with dynamic weather conditions or in long endurance races.
Source: https://ai.sony/blog/From-Hypothesi...s-the-Evolution-of-the-Breakthrough-AI-Agent/

GT Sport could go over 30 cars but it would obviously struggle
I mean, not really?

I remember seeing this video showing a jailbroken GT Sport running 38 cars on a "rainy" Nürburgring.

The author said that the game ran just fine, except for a FPS drop in the first corner. It's definitely possible, PD probably didn't do it because there would be a lot more issues with the FPS on multiplayer.

Last edited:
I mean, not really?
I remember seeing this video showing a jailbroken GT Sport running 38 cars on a "rainy" Nürburgring.

The author said that the game ran just fine, except for a FPS drop in the first corner. It's definitely possible, PD probably didn't do it because there would be a lot more issues with the FPS on multiplayer.
I know i seen these videos but its offline - what i meant in Sport mode
there is GTWS live stream that they used 30 cars and it wasnt smooth and that was over a lan

looking at this , GT7 seriously must have some messed up code since GT Sport was able to do this

Last edited:
Are we thinking silhouettes this weekend?
If the update is in June, then I'd say yes (even though the past couple of months they were posted on Wednesday and Tuesday respectively).

If CGV really is about to come and showcased as a surprise in next GTWS and they add it immediately, the update might be pushed to mid-July with the track, though.

Interesting. For some reason I feel like an update is not on the menu this month.

Based on nothing, just gut feeling or maybe wishful thinking because I know any GT update will drag me away from the Elden Ring expansion.

I wouldn't go with that feeling.
what ? you have infos about 2 new tracks incoming ? and 10 cars from 2020 to 2024 ? that's great !

Happy Mood GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Interesting. For some reason I feel like an update is not on the menu this month.

Based on nothing, just gut feeling or maybe wishful thinking because I know any GT update will drag me away from the Elden Ring expansion.
I bought elden ring day1 and played a lot for the first week, and loved it. Then let it go and never managed to go back. Mostly because of gt7. 🤣

what ? you have infos about 2 new tracks incoming ? and 10 cars from 2020 to 2024 ? that's great !

I barely touch this game in the last 6 months....for me at this point, wake me when this game is done.

Kinda crazy that GT7 isn't in the PSnow/ PSplus, Even if it just a trial for premium users... they've just added a bunch of games to trial and play as part of your games to play.

Last edited:

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.

"I'm not going to tease you"
proceeds to tease us

Can vouch, I think we're close enough to its release for me to say that I think people will enjoy this one again.

When you see the sales figure even 2 years after release, it is not a surprise that they don't offer it via PS+
lots of game that sold well are in the Psnow/+ ... plus im referring more towards the VR aspect which is something I would expect sony to let people sample for free at this point since they are trying to sell more headsets

I know i seen these videos but its offline - what i meant in Sport mode
there is GTWS live stream that they used 30 cars and it wasnt smooth and that was over a lan

looking at this , GT7 seriously must have some messed up code since GT Sport was able to do this

Isn't that the Maggiore Enduro mission? For that, the opponent grid is spread out in a way that you don't see too many cars at one time, in name of optimization. This is also likely the reason for FPS drops in @Tetraturbo's videos.

Isn't that the Maggiore Enduro mission? For that, the opponent grid is spread out in a way that you don't see too many cars at one time, in name of optimization. This is also likely the reason for FPS drops in @Tetraturbo's videos.
well yes but that's why GT7 shouldn't have any issues with it especially on PS5 , still baffling to me what they did :/

lots of game that sold well are in the Psnow/+ ... plus im referring more towards the VR aspect which is something I would expect sony to let people sample for free at this point since they are trying to sell more headsets
It came out, I think in the Insomniac hack, that the moment Sony put Horizon Forbidden West on PS Plus, sales cratered for it. I think they're going to be more careful putting first-party stuff that still has sales legs onto subscriptions in the future.

Back