Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,238 comments
It's not been specified in the trailer or the reveal article on their website as far as I know, but I wonder if the new version of the Genesis VGT is in fact going into Gr.1, or whether it will be like the Mercedes VGT "Racing Series" where it's not in a group category at all despite being a racing version.

IMG_4632.jpeg

Genesis were supposedly planning a Gr.1 car going by what they said when they first joined the GT franchise, so it would make sense if the new car is in that category. But I equally don't want to get my hopes up in the event of it being non-categorised.

Last edited:
I hope Kaz will return to his habit of posting car silhouettes in the days leading up to a content update. It’s a much more convenient way to anticipate what’s coming next.

Seeing the upcoming content more than two weeks ahead of release seems somewhat counterproductive. It will feel like old news by the time it arrives. Not to say it takes anything away from the actual content, but from a marketing standpoint it is quite odd to deliver the message so early.

This brings me onto my next point. I’m not sure it was a good idea to announce the update contents right before the culmination of a live event. Personally speaking the update information stole all my attention from the e-sports event itself, and what’s the point when the update is still weeks away? :boggled:

This brings me onto my next point. I’m not sure it was a good idea to announce the update contents right before the culmination of a live event. Personally speaking the update information stole all my attention from the e-sports event itself, and what’s the point when the update is still weeks away? :boggled:
I'm thinking the total opposite : Words Series doesn't create much hype to be honest, and if I remember correctly, the participants complained about the general World structure, and some fan disliked it as well. Skipping June to make a "big" update (June + July combined) and telling us about it during the event made some people (including me) looking event live and increase viewers.

But also : Event in Prague in August and Tokyo in September : Will we see the same? Trailer about update during the event and update at the end of month?

This brings me onto my next point. I’m not sure it was a good idea to announce the update contents right before the culmination of a live event.

Went to sleep immediately after the trailer. 😂😂😂

(Slightly disappointed I might add 😬)

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99: As is the case with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI and demonstrated with the Toyota Celica, A road going model is already in game AND it shares a history of being in every numbered title since Gran Turismo 2 with the Lancer so it could be possible to finally see a premium model of this car outside demo builds of GTHD.
So yeah, one year off but kinda called it. We got the 22B, was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
It's not been specified in the trailer or the reveal article on their website as far as I know, but I wonder if the new version of the Genesis VGT is in fact going into Gr.1, or whether it will be like the Mercedes VGT "Racing Series" where it's not in a group category at all despite being a racing version.

View attachment 1370665

Genesis were supposedly planning a Gr.1 car going by what they said when they first joined the GT franchise, so it would make sense if the new car is in that category. But I equally don't want to get my hopes up in the event of it being non-categorised.

I hope its a gr1. Even if its a vgt, been a long time since we got something in gr1.

Going by the cars used on it in the trailer, I'd imagine one of the new events for Eiger Nordwand will be a "World Rally Challenge"

IMG_4635.png

IMG_4636.png

Guessing Gr.B rather than the 700pp kind. Didn't realize there were 2 seperate lists for World Rally Challenge races. Since the 700pp version of it only has 3 events, they were probably the ones used in the main career, and all of the additional ones were the Gr.B kind with no perfomance point limit.

Speaking of rally, fun fact. Lake Louise is the 2nd track in the GT series to be set in Canada.
The first was Ice Arena on GT4, which according to the event name "Whistler Ice Race", was set in Canada too.
IMG_4638.png

Last edited:
:lol: I took inspiration from James May, and how he got fired from Autocar, so a little below the standards of professional cryptographers.

It's actually the third(ish) time I've done it, although the first was in an April Fool's article so not actually anything of any importance. The second was another hint at an update's contents, some time last October. I've sneaked another couple of initials into previous articles, but not quite a full acrostic.

I'm going to retire it now though; there was an additional point to doing it these last two times but in general I don't like doing the whole teasy, look what I know and you don't thing (per the sentiment of that post).

We get a lot of info which we can't share, through embargo or privileged conversation: I went to a Genesis event at the Nurburgring in June and had steak in the Pistenklause restaurant afterwards with Genesis personnel (I sat next to Luc Donckerwolke and shared his birthday cake!), therein learning about the Gran X Racer and its arrival in a pleasant natter with the expectation of privacy. Naturally that could not be shared directly - it's rude and unethical - and is an example of how, sometimes, we learn stuff we just can't talk about and have to watch people speculate utter arse gravy in complete frustration.

By no means do we always know everything ahead of time (while third-party studios almost always send embargoes releases out, first-party studios are surprisingly resistant to it; I can think of only a couple of occasions for both PD and T10/PG where it's been done), but it should be assumed we do know something most of the time and just... can't say.

Until SIE does embrace the idea of embargoed press releases, you should also assume we know less than @TheAdmiester, because we only get what the people tell us and they're less comprehensive than his methods! :lol:
There is a code embedded in posting?? Oh my I need to break out the Bat-Decoder ring....

Total different thinking, it does SNOW in the mountains?....

Last edited:
It most likely will
You see, that's just annoying. There must be a way to implement these changes without affecting the PP calculations - PD must know players might have hundreds of cars tuned to exactly 600, 700, 800 pp by now since the game is two years old.

Going through them all and changing them is likely to be a particularly mind-numbing few hours... someone must know if the PP calculation is definitely changing or not, since the new physics were apparently used at GTWS.

You see, that's just annoying. There must be a way to implement these changes without affecting the PP calculations - PD must know players might have hundreds of cars tuned to exactly 600, 700, 800 pp by now since the game is two years old.

Going through them all and changing them is likely to be a particularly mind-numbing few hours... someone must know if the PP calculation is definitely changing or not, since the new physics were apparently used at GTWS.
I would say it is almost guaranteed to change. Look at the 918 Spyder in the trailer versus the one in my garage:

Trailer:
1000018843.png

Garage:
1000018842.png

I wonder if it only effects cars changing from generic to Michelin tires though... in that case cars like the CLK LM, 787B etc. should stay as they are... fingers crossed.
I think race cars will be affected too since racing tires are going to be Michelin as well. I could be wrong though.

I'd think the classic Michelin paint will remain on those classic race cars, but just be a choice in livery editor like how it already is.
Now, cars like GR.4 without stickers? Only the Supra, 650S(Pirelli) and M4, TT(Hankook) have different branded tyres. Maybe we'll see options open for GR.4. I mean, I can also be wrong.

Going by the cars used on it in the trailer, I'd imagine one of the new events for Eiger Nordwand will be a "World Rally Challenge"

View attachment 1370745
View attachment 1370746

Guessing Gr.B rather than the 700pp kind. Didn't realize there were 2 seperate lists for World Rally Challenge races. Since the 700pp version of it only has 3 events, they were probably the ones used in the main career, and all of the additional ones were the Gr.B kind with no perfomance point limit.

Speaking of rally, fun fact. Lake Louise is the 2nd track in the GT series to be set in Canada.
The first was Ice Arena on GT4, which according to the event name "Whistler Ice Race", was set in Canada too.
View attachment 1370747
Also for anyone wondering, you can still see the rally cars still having the OEM tire stickers.

• Never seen anything removed and re-added, but there are plenty of entries that are numbers without names, so cars might be changed or cut before I ever see what's there
  • Info is only usually added just in time for each next update, so I can't really comment on anything beyond that, but I've seen nothing about endurances
Also bear in mind that "without leftover from past games" isn't necessarily true as we've seen the likes of the 2009 TTS show up recently.
The outdated datamined list largely consists of classic cars and models returning to the series. But is there any way to determine how many, or which, new models are coming to GT7? I'm curious when the Super Formula SF23 showed up - a car that arrived in GT7 before it made it's competition debut! If nothing else it shows PD can fast-track models into the game.

You'd have to think, licensing dependent, the double Le Mans winning Ferrari 499P is a priority addition for PD. Likewise the Porsche 963, Peugeot 9X8, and numerous current GT500 and GT3 models. Assuming GT7 does have another 2 years of full DLC support, lets say 36-48 cars per year, I find it hard to imagine a proportion of those won't be current race cars. PD have already dropped the occasional contemporary road car like the Aston Martin Valkyrie, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Maserati MC20.

That said, for all we know any such lists could carry over to GT8.
So as today, you think that we are going to keep getting this kind of support for a few more years. This let me think that we are not going to get a second GT this gen. Quite weird to think that they are going to keep developing for 2 more years on ps4 console 🤮
Content additions and maintenance aside, there's little to suggest PD are still actively developing for PS4. GT Sophy and PSVR2 support are PS5 only, and if/when a PS5 Pro update arrives, that will be for that system alone. I would imagine all engine development, AI work and so on has been PS5/Pro only for a number of years.

Even if GT7 has another 2 years of support, that only takes us to 2026. PS6 is likely to launch late 2028.

Would be enough for me.

But I won't buy a PS6 if there is not a good gap that justifies upgrading.

A GT7 with Sophy as default AI and more variation than starting last and having to catch AI n°1, a game economy that is more fair to the player, prizes that are higher and related to each event difficulty, not the arbitrary random we currently have with 3 outliers, a collector level that continues to grow, and the tickets stats that continue improving with it (enough of the 3* giving change), I dont' ask for more. Oh and if in custom races we could select the opponents and apply various liveries without having to have multiple copies of the cars we want to include in various liveries...

And if we could add AI opponents in lobbies to have full grids when racing with a bunch of friends.

And share the custom events, car tunings, like we share liveries, that'd be great.

And the ability to create custom championships, that we can use in lobbies too.
As much as we shouldn't have to, I'm so glad I've religiously followed this forum since gt7 was released, in order to negate the economy 'issues' with the initially using afk method with tomahawk, then totally smashing it out the park with the engine glitch method after that update during the first year.

In fact I'm still selling the Honda rally car daily on the back of it :D!!

Allowed me to crack on and enjoy the game without any economic 'pressure'.

Allowed me to

Last edited:
Nearly screamed when I saw the new RUF thinking it was an 992 Turbo S, but a new RUF is always welcome. Never though I'd see the Gallardo and Scuderia in a Gran Turismo game ever again, hopefully we can also get the pre-facelift version with that glorious 5.0 V10 sound :lol:

I'm happy to see Eiger again, always had a soft spot for montainous circuits. Here's hoping they can bring back Matterhorn and Cape Ring too.

IMG_4543.jpeg

Back