Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 30,915 comments
2 nights in the desert with the Merc and into the top 100 with a 1:33.420. Optimum is a 1:33.297 so there's still a little over a tenth to be gained, most of which comes from T1 and T2 which were slow on my best lap (because of course they were). Also probably some time to gain in the final corner, but it is difficult to really nail this corner on controller. I'm finding it difficult to keep the car sliding for more than half a second which is losing me time through the rest of the corner and resulting in a poor exit which then also costs me time down the main straight.

While the Merc is cool to slide around, I was hoping the engine note would be a little more interesting than it is, and the open diff is quite irritating on the slower corners where it tries to light up one tyre.

Now I wait for all the aliens here to set their final laps to see how much they beat me by :bowdown:
190b8e07f1c20-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_440589422509163_1721052431676.jpg

Morning folks,

I was awake early today, could'nt sleep that well so no real focus for Fuji,
turned on the PS5 but realy had no idea what i was going to do.
I already had tomany miles on the Willow Merc so not toutching that again, so did fire up the SF23.
Surprisingly i ran a 21.036 so already had a new PB ( was 21.099 )

Pushed on for a few laps and finally got into the 20's, barely but in.
Still somuch time to find but it's just impossible for me to get consistent on this combo.

Two major corners where i have trouble, T6-T7 the hairpin and exit, i'm either to fast and miss my apex on the inside....
next lap i brake a little early and am way to slow for entry, it's 2/10 for me here...

Then the exit of dunlop is just hideous on this combo i even went to try TCS for this part but it just feels quicker when you "semi" get it already compared to nailing it with TCS..

Could not find who is responsable for the design of S3, but i don't like you...... :lol: :lol:

But this is enough for me, case closed folks and beter than expected for me here..

190ba4c6d4025-screenshotUrl.jpg

190ba4c5ad710-screenshotUrl.jpg

New test today in Willow Springs and improve my time at 1'33'716 with optimal time at 1'33'690.
What makes me laugh is that my old best lap was 1'33'719 !!!! What progress !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1372924
Holy guacamole Chris!

@Gomario JSP hes also coming for you, time to cancel the holiday 🤣

What’s your top finish Chris, surely this is the trial to beat it!??

Thanks a lot my friend !!!! No I can't beat my best place !!!! My best place is 178th !!!
Easy, you got this

Another tenth of a second off and you’ll probably have a new best placing

I believe in you 😎

Edit; just had a look at your replay, it’s a lovely clean lap. A bit more bravery and you’ve got a sub 33.5; in T2 I think you can carry some more speed into that turn and get on the power a little bit sooner, you can keep the throttle pinned from quite early and if you need more turn in just turn the wheel more; it’s one of those road cars with stupid tyre modelling where you can turn more with understeer unlike the Race cars.

I think you can get on the power a little bit earlier coming out of Budweiser Balcony and then stay a bit more to the right, with your left wheels near the right curb on the downhill slight right which will give you better rotation for the awkward left hander; carrying speed and getting the car turned in here is more important than getting on the power early as this car has so little power.

Last corner turn in is nice but again a bit more bravery to get on the power.

It’s a lovely lovely clean lap and kudos to you for not using steery cheat mode!!

All the best and good luck in your lapping. New PB incoming 😎

Last edited:
Easy, you got this

Another tenth of a second off and you’ll probably have a new best placing

I believe in you 😎

Edit; just had a look at your replay, it’s a lovely clean lap. A bit more bravery and you’ve got a sub 33.5; in T2 I think you can carry some more speed into that turn and get on the power a little bit sooner, you can keep the throttle pinned from quite early and if you need more turn in just turn the wheel more; it’s one of those road cars with stupid tyre modelling where you can turn more with understeer unlike the Race cars.

I think you can get on the power a little bit earlier coming out of Budweiser Balcony and then stay a bit more to the right, with your left wheels near the right curb on the downhill slight right which will give you better rotation for the awkward left hander; carrying speed and getting the car turned in here is more important than getting on the power early as this car has so little power.

Last corner turn in is nice but again a bit more bravery to get on the power.

It’s a lovely lovely clean lap and kudos to you for not using steery cheat mode!!

All the best and good luck in your lapping. New PB incoming 😎
It's really nice of you to have taken the time to watch the replay and to have given me all the explanations. I will try to implement them tomorrow because it's over for today. I have to go to work until 10 p.m. So I will be happy to try all this tomorrow. Thank you very much my friend :cheers::cheers:

Close.... but not enough :lol: :lol:
afaik - Tilke
Thanks, like i said, i don't like him :lol::lol::lol:
@Gomario JSP im coming for you
Damn you..... ease up mate, it's getting to close for comfort here :lol::lol:
But the idea of you yelling my name during the laps does well for my own comfort :lol::lol:
Altho i already calculated a +2 ...you... and @NAXEHT always nails it..:lol:
Holy guacamole Chris!

@Gomario JSP hes also coming for you, time to cancel the holiday 🤣

What’s your top finish Chris, surely this is the trial to beat it!??
It's bizar, he has found a bizar pace these days,
He's hauulliinngg with them big boys :)

I would be very proud to be kicked down by my french mate :)
and i'm def. not cancelling my vacation, god i need it, i have one week of horror and then i'm off

Well this was frustrating, to say the least. Third visit to the desert. I managed to nail each sector with surgical precision (for my standards) and achieve some great times, but of course, not in one lap. I don't know the optimal time because of the restarts, but when I calculated the times I remembered from my head, I was very very close to 32s, but yeah... No...

For example, my best lap so far:

1721128694268.jpg

But that was achieved with the .441 first sector, and my personal best was .350, also second sector was I think .600 dead, and I remember clearly that I drove couple of those with .490-500, and of course, the famous last corner, its such a hit and miss, you can gain 3 tenths if done right or lose half a second if not, usually not. And the trend was clear, if I nail the first, usually screw up the second, if I nail the first two, I slide into oblivion in the last corner, and if I do a mediocre first sector, then usually I improve massively in the second and more often than not, nail the last corner, but then it's not enough because I lost everything in the first 2 corners... And the same story goes on and on :lol:

Still, I'm happy with this time, could have gone easily into the 33.3s without any alien lap where all the stars align, but looking back, when I first saw what the TT was and said to myself no no, won't be driving this in a million years, hate the track from the bottom of my heart, you can say this went pretty well in the end :D

That didn't take long 🤔
Yeah well I'm gonna be busy tomorrow and Thursday and won't have time to post here, so I'd thought I'd jump on and see how y'all are progressing. I don't know where most of you are gaining time at Big Willow. Durn, I'm six hundredths away from beating the gold time. I even went through the last two right turns pretty fast before I went to the finish line.

I wonder what TT PD will bring us next and I hope it is not at St. Croix, one of those layouts.

I wonder if turning the ABS off will also make a huge difference in my lap, I've been using a 0 value for the TCS, to help my exit speeds.

Last edited:
Luckiest final corner you'll ever see at Big Willow, it was an absolute miracle!

Bravo bravo bravo mon amis, that final corner is a work of art. Thanks to yourself and @jontikis for giving me something to chase (at a distance!). I love that new turn in/braking point for the final corner, just before the 200 board seems to give a better turn in and less chance of washing out! Epic times and skills as always 😁

I did a thing today and improved a bit; best split is now in the 1:32s but doubt I’ll have time to try again (@Ed_Night you are safe… for now 😈) pretty happy with my lap though just a slightly slow first sector let it down, @Metalgear9493’s new final corner technique sealed the deal and that was far more consistent this session

Maybe one final push tomorrow night

Maybe

(It is Wednesday tomorrow right?)

IMG_7749.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg

Wow man, you've been on fire breaking all those records!! I commend you. I may start back watching your replays to learn from the master!

Hey @Gomario JSP , may I ask you a question? I may give you a gread advice in exchange 😎

I think that you are aiming to the white line or the last yellow-thing just before the white line for your apex at the last turn
1721142853924.png

How do you prepare for it? It's kind of blind given the street slope. I'm searching for the white line, but most of the times it suddenly summons so that I'm reacting for it, more than preparing to it.

Also, I see here you are already 70% open, which I'm not, given the sentece before. So, what is the accelleration marker here?

Now to my advice for you: did you realize that you may be loosing a 0.6s just because you still stick the Red Bull? But maybe you are okay with it because rightly it is the driver who makes the difference.

I was given a Layton House. I still wonder why.... 😝

Back