Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
New Weekly Challenge Special Event is a Lamborghini Gallardo one-make, and I was surprised to see one of the opponent cars seems to take inspiration from the Blancpain Racing Gallardo of early 2010's GT3 racing.

View attachment 1375521
When I buy most road cars I go to the place and check out all the bits you can add. Often, those parts seem like way overkill (like the huge splitter on the front, wings are way too big, etc.). Like, would I add this huge wing to my real car? No. So I don't.

Then I see screenshots like above and they look great. I just don't have the artist's eye I guess.

The situation with invites is so bad, I managed to get an Enzo in a 6-star roulette before I get a single Ferrari invite. I really don't understand why they decided to implement this system of invitations in the worst way possible.

20829883872615115.png

The situation with invites is so bad, I managed to get an Enzo in a 6-star roulette before I get a single Ferrari invite. I really don't understand why they decided to implement this system of invitations in the worst way possible.

View attachment 1376014
Oh, you wonder why?

To entice you playing the game for sole purpose of roulette tickets and such.

Pretty pathetic system honestly, as if game itself can't provide content, which it certainly does, albeit could've done it better by not relying on masses that play what they've given, rather playing what they want (Looks at GT7 career structure vs GT4)

Last edited:
Lol, I thought your total would be somewhere in the billions! Is it a glitch?
it restarted to 0 when it got to 2.3B something like that. @Famine know better then me about that stuff but the credits spent on cars still says 0 amount.

EDIT - I found the post from last year that explains this.

Last edited:
I can't actually tell - are any of the newly-added Pokal wheels center-lock designs? Or do they have a central cap more akin to the BBS RS?

View attachment 1376014
My last three Marathon tickets - in three straight days mind you - are as follows:

4*: Ferrari invite
4*: Lambo invite

No solace to those who are waiting for them, but I am not. Two Ferrari invites in back-to-back days, followed by a Lambo. The invite system is broken; always has been and always will be simply by definition (aka, so long as the system is around it will suck).

Thanks, Kaz.

My last three Marathon tickets - in three straight days mind you - are as follows:

4*: Lambo invite

No solace to those who are waiting for them, but I am not. Two Ferrari invites in back-to-back days, followed by a Lambo. The invite system is broken; always has been and always will be simply by definition (aka, so long as the system is around it will suck).

Thanks, Kaz.
Are been waiting for the Ferrari invite so I can buy my last invite-only car.

In the meantime, I've bought 3x 20-milllion unicorns from the LCD.

And I don't grind.

Did some grinding on Hypercar Parade, and of course uploaded some gameplay from yesterday onto YouTube.

Here's the link to the video for viewing at anytime:

Nice driving!! Also, I completely forgot about these visible braking assists. I might want to use the braking one since I suck at the new physics.

Last edited:
So, completed my second car livery and have imported several Suit liveries I shared in Sport (completely forgot I could do that). One thing I'd like to ask is what is the limit on liveries for Helmets, Suits and cars. Like what is the total number before you can't make more?

@wowbaggerBR What's exactly so funny?

Last edited:
I just realised Kaz never posted silhouettes this time. Previously he always has done, even when we've known the update contents in advance.

I just realised Kaz never posted silhouettes this time. Previously he always has done, even when we've known the update contents in advance.
He didn't do that when PS Store once beat him to the punch in the GT Sport era (this was the S2000/GTO update iirc).

So, completed my second car livery and have imported several Suit liveries I shared in Sport (completely forgot I could that). One thing I'd like to ask is what is the limit on liveries for Helmets, Suits and cars. Like what is the total number before you can make more?
I thought something like 1000 liveries was the max.

View attachment 1376014
People have been asking for the end of the invite system almost since the release of the game. And it makes even less sense now with cars like bugatti chiron and aston martin valkyrie coming to the game and being buyable.
But for some reason PD just wont listen to the community on this subject. Its even more angering when you realize they actually unlocked the invite cars for 1 month when gt7 released, meaning they can do it, they just dont want to.

People have been asking for the end of the invite system almost since the release of the game. And it makes even less sense now with cars like bugatti chiron and aston martin valkyrie coming to the game and being buyable.
But for some reason PD just wont listen to the community on this subject. Its even more angering when you realize they actually unlocked the invite cars for 1 month when gt7 released, meaning they can do it, they just dont want to.
It isn't just the Bugatti Chiron and Aston Martin Valkyrie, but also even the Porsche 918 Spyder. All three of them don't need brand invitations.

Brand invitations are just some terrible mechanic that just doesn't make any sense, or is just implemented so poorly.

Brand invitations are just some terrible mechanic that just doesn't make any sense, or is just implemented so poorly.
That poor mechanic makes players come as often as possible to do a daily marathon hoping to get the famous invite they are lacking.

I despise it, but from Sony/PD's point of view it is a (bad) way to maintain playerbase engagement.

TT's and weekly events are a hundred times better way to keep players engaged, they should drop the bad invite system now that those "new" features are available.

That poor mechanic makes players come as often as possible to do a daily marathon hoping to get the famous invite they are lacking.

I despise it, but from Sony/PD's point of view it is a (bad) way to maintain playerbase engagement.

TT's and weekly events are a hundred times better way to keep players engaged, they should drop the bad invite system now that those "new" features are available.
Yes. It would be much better to have an option to win invitation or even car requiring invitation on those weekly events. Like special car prize.

The second one seems better than invitation alone since players who got invitation cars wouldn’t mind getting second expensive car.

Back