Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,079 comments
Speaking of tracks/circuits it’s funny how Eiger made it in quicker than other past original legacy circuits.

Circuits like Mid-field and Apricot Hill, heck, especially Autumn Ring seem less complicated than Eiger. Autumn Ring is in its own little bowl like Miyabi. I guess if PD are figuring Autumn Ring is going to be more interactive with more leaves being kicked up on track, can’t see why that track would take long to recreate.
My theory on this is that they wanted to spread the nostalgia out a little bit.

They've added a bunch of PS1 tracks now, and the PS4 obviously has a bunch from Sport. The PS2 has to wait because of the difficulty of making city environments - the list of non-city tracks that originate on the PS2 is literally just El Capitan and the Driving Park tracks, and El Capitan is super unlikely because that area of the Western US is very well covered in GT7.

That leaves the PS3 as the next place for them to go, and Eiger was the obvious candidate given it's on every game on that system so people remember it the most. It also has defined geography and topology, which helps - contrast Cape Ring, which genuinely feels like it's in the middle of a void of nothingness.

As I acknowledged about what Nielsen posted, I can see his point of PD recently photographing that location. It could be the same for Matterhorn and Chamonix(ironic we got a “French” snow track from North America first).

You can complain about GT all you want, there's many negatives but not a single one of them is soundtrack related. There will never be a racing franchise like Gran Turismo, the sheer vibe a soundtrack can bring to this series is just unmatched.

View attachment 1384552
I'd agree if it were any game other than 7, but it seems they dropped the ball a bit with this one. Way too many reused tracks across the entire game, and hardly any new original stuff besides the ever-present classical remixes. It's a huge letdown when you consider just how massive the game's soundtracks used to be.

Maybe they are shifting to 2 monthly update with bigger content. Anyway I got these with fair price
191999e860996-37535F5657E8659071D.3DB30293049A0065_message_441563932990653_1724859113244.jpg20240828_160418.jpg

Everyone saying "GT7 should have been PS5 exclusive" need to take a breath and rejoin us in reality.

Even today FOUR years after the system's release, there are only 22 PS5 exclusive games. Twenty-Two.

In what world would it have made sense, from either a business perspective or a developer-focused "We want people to play out game" angle, for them to release it as a PS5 exclusive two and a half years ago? They would have limited their market to 33.5m people, as opposed to that plus the 117.2m PS4 owners at the time.

Seriously, how many times do we need to have this discussion?
They're just in denial that the numbers don't lie and that they spell disaster for them at Sacrifice.

Seriously though, the argument just feels so silly and it looks far more so after having the PS5 myself. Frankly, I have to ask what huge gain there is to being exclusive to PS5 outside the obvious technical ones like VR and AI Sophy (which well duh, who actually thought either of those things were attainable on a console that is over a decade old?). People are throwing alot of weird and unfounded speculation over some magical technological leap when in reality, the only big leap we got is loading times being almost non-existent (which depending on the game, is something PC gamers are kinda already used to).
I feel like PD's current approach with original tracks is to give them a real world location (and recreate said area to place the track in) so while the Autumn Ring we know is in its own little bowl, if they wanted to introduce the track again they'd want to give it a real location. And with that in mind it's probably easier to reintroduce Eiger which was already designed with this philosophy.
Which then leaves me to wonder where they'd place Mid-Field Raceway and Apricot Hill Raceway, two more tracks who were last designed in the PS3 era like High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand (hence also why contrary to the "They're ruining all the classic tracks" nonsense, both are effectively as they were with at best minor touch ups here or there).

Can I also just say how many assumptions of mine regarding race car licensing have been broken, and how I'm genuinely happy about it?

-I thought we'd only get one licensed Formula 1 car in the form of the McLaren MP4/4, but then we also were able to get the Honda RA272.
-DTM appeared to be a no-go, but then we got both the classic Alfa Romeo 155 TI and the modern Audi RS5 DTM.
-WRC cars from after the Group B era seemed unlikely, but then we got the Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza WRX STI from the 90s.

So who knows what could be next? Personally, I'd really want the other three DTM racers from BMW, Mercedes-AMG, and Aston Martin, specifically from the final days of "Class One" - especially since they had that exhibition race with Super GT.

Last edited:
Which then leaves me to wonder where they'd place Mid-Field Raceway and Apricot Hill Raceway, two more tracks who were last designed in the PS3 era like High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand (hence also why contrary to the "They're ruining all the classic tracks" nonsense, both are effectively as they were with at best minor touch ups here or there).
If Grand Valley is anything to go by, their system for deciding locations is akin to pin the tail on the donkey. :lol: Infact no, it seems more like PD is just having a hyperfixation on America at the moment and surely we're about due for a new whim to direct the franchise's location choices. I hope they return to Asia for the next original track (or even real world track).

Last edited:
Can I also just say how many assumptions of mine regarding race car licensing have been broken, and how I'm genuinely happy about it?

-I thought we'd only get one licensed Formula 1 car in the form of the McLaren MP4/4, but then we also were able to get the Honda RA272.
-DTM appeared to be a no-go, but then we got both the classic Alfa Romeo 155 TI and the modern Audi RS5 DTM.
-WRC cars from after the Group B era seemed unlikely, but then we got the Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza WRX STI from the 90s.

So who knows what could be next? Personally, I'd really want the other three DTM racers from BMW, Mercedes-AMG, and Aston Martin, specifically from the final days of "Class One" - especially since they had that exhibition race with Super GT.
F1 and WRC seem to both be in the same spot nowadays, where they are locking down the modern licenses to the licensed series (there's no Rally1 cars outside of EA WRC, I think only iRacing has a post-2017 licensed F1 car these days) but they are a lot more free with their legacy catalogue.

Pre-GT3 DTM I think is fine as long as they avoid the years RaceRoom have. It's notable RaceRoom just added a 155, but it wasn't the 1993 version we're all familiar with but a later model.

Next I think is almost certainly Super GT of some kind - the 2016 cars we have are still the most modern ones in a game anywhere, and they clearly still have some look-in since they got the 2023 Fraga Lexus livery licensed.

Last edited:
I thought the Super GT would have been updated when the Supra joined. Then Z replaced GT-R and the NSX became FR. Then the Civic replaced NSX.
Maybe GT500 cars get updated at some point. With the 2000 GT500 NSX finally added, we'll see.

Seems the PS5 Pro will be announced soon.

Apparently some videogame outlets are in Japan right now, so maybe the're getting a hands on preview.

As stated numerous times, there's a good chance GT7 is one of the titles demoed for PS5 Pro.

VR rendering improvements... Better framerate like 90fps making things so much clearer.

Better car models
Less popin
Maybe ray-tracing while on gameplay.

The game can look like a beauty with this new hardware... Sucks thats only graphics though

VR rendering improvements... Better framerate like 90fps making things so much clearer.

Better car models
Less popin

The game can look like a beauty with this new hardware... Sucks thats only graphics though
They saved up content to package with a VR2 update, it wouldn't shock me if they did the same for the Pro update. Between VR2, Spec II and the last update, PD like combining everything that isn't cars into bigger updates at the minute.

Conversely, I would be a bit shocked if GT7 was part of the Pro reveal itself. The wider Sony audience is completely mutinous towards live services or multiplayer at the minute between Concord and various Bungie issues; I don't think there'll be any game in the PS5 Pro sizzle trailer that isn't a single-player third person action adventure of some description.

I thought the Super GT would have been updated when the Supra joined. Then Z replaced GT-R and the NSX became FR. Then the Civic replaced NSX.
Maybe GT500 cars get updated at some point. With the 2000 GT500 NSX finally added, we'll see.
IMO the GT500 trio specifically from 2024 would be perfect.

IMO the GT500 trio specifically from 2024 would be perfect.
I agree, I even bought a NSX GT500 in the legend dealership and won a lot of WTC800-900 races with it yesterday, I think that combo will go a long way if PD can do it right. The Supra isn't as fast and strong as this legend.

Last edited:
I was never really a fan of Scapes, or GT Photography for that matter. But I decided to give it a shot today.

I didn't exactly take beautiful photos but Holy God, the soundtrack is just so incredible that it gets you inspired to get that perfect frame.

You can complain about GT all you want, there's many negatives but not a single one of them is soundtrack related. There will never be a racing franchise like Gran Turismo, the sheer vibe a soundtrack can bring to this series is just unmatched.

View attachment 1384552
I'm not a fan of scapes, or I should say personally the time it takes to create them, but it would be nonsensical to deny it is immensely important to many and the results are truly appreciated and I am grateful. This is how most every aspect of game design should be treated.

Every aspect. If you don't like menu's ignore them. If you don't like Missions ignore them, If you find the AI too easy/hard/ whatever, adjust the setting, or if you don't like actual racing and want to spectate and take pictures and do commentary or analyze telemetry to help teams race fast, well, those options are just waiting for inclusion in Gran Turimso 7. to think every aspect should suite you and your own preferences is comical at best and truly toxic typically.

And as for the soundtrack, personally, it's mediocre with a few tracks making it to ok or good. I truly wish it let me integrate my own FLAC/mp3 lists. and I still have to admit forza motorsport 2 had the absolute best sound track, though the best song individually is and likely will forever be the Cardigan's "My Favorite Game" from Gran Turismo 2. But here's to how very important details and polish are to every aspect of enjoying automotive passions.

1724942995956.png

Attachments

• 1724942976604.png
    1724942976604.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
I'd really want the other three DTM racers from BMW, Mercedes-AMG, and Aston Martin, specifically from the final days of "Class One"
Mercedes had already pulled out by then, there isn't a comparable Class One car from them. HWA (AMG) refocused their efforts on developing the Vantage DTM for R Motorsport.

Forza Forums: Talking about the game
GT7 Forums: Talking about next installment...

Not a dead game
Its clearly not dead by looking by player numbers.

I'm not a fan of scapes, or I should say personally the time it takes to create them, but it would be nonsensical to deny it is immensely important to many and the results are truly appreciated and I am grateful. This is how most every aspect of game design should be treated.

Every aspect. If you don't like menu's ignore them. If you don't like Missions ignore them, If you find the AI too easy/hard/ whatever, adjust the setting, or if you don't like actual racing and want to spectate and take pictures and do commentary or analyze telemetry to help teams race fast, well, those options are just waiting for inclusion in Gran Turimso 7. to think every aspect should suite you and your own preferences is comical at best and truly toxic typically.

And as for the soundtrack, personally, it's mediocre with a few tracks making it to ok or good. I truly wish it let me integrate my own FLAC/mp3 lists. and I still have to admit forza motorsport 2 had the absolute best sound track, though the best song individually is and likely will forever be the Cardigan's "My Favorite Game" from Gran Turismo 2. But here's to how very important details and polish are to every aspect of enjoying automotive passions.

View attachment 1385046

I think the soundtrack is great in gt7 in the menus, not in the races, gives me back that feeling of the old days with thst classic music😊

Last edited:
Its clearly not dead by looking by player numbers.
I know of quite a few people who have practically given up on the game at this point due to the utter lack of stuff to do and mostly lacklustre updates. The online especially is hilariously lacking, not only when compared to other games on the market but also its own predecessors (???)

Better car models
Less popin

I really want to see more complex and higher resolution particle and environmental effects. Tyre smoke, dust, rain, fog/mist etc.

Nordschleife is a great example with the mist and smoke effects from trackside fires. With more GPU power and PSSR hopefully they can dial these up. PSSR could also help with trackside fences and mesh. DLSS on PC can often resolve these better than native 4K when at a distance.

Last edited:
It'd be 2-3 seconds a lap slower than the Class One BMW, Audi and Aston Martin, which @MIE1992 also wanted. All I'm saying is that as a class, you wouldn't have the Merc based on the Class One that's already in the game.
Isn't that what BoP is supposed to be for though? I mean if it's in Gr.2, that means it's also (supposed) to be on a level playing field with the 2008 GT500's, and the old GT1 cars too.
Just because Polyphony hasn't managed to balance them well themselves doesn't make it impossible for them to be balanced at all. Higher downforce cars getting more ballast weight to compensate etc.

This is why I wish there was a way of creating custom BoP's using the power/weight % sliders we had in GT Sport. I ran a racing league that managed to balance the performance of Hybrid & Non-Hybrid Gr.1 cars and it was awesome. Even included VGT's.

Back