Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,187 comments
View attachment 1391628

Grabbed from Reddit. So probably not unless way at the bottom of the list.
That was a meme post I saw on Twitter by Opera GX. Not only Concord 2 gives away the list is made up, but look at the rest:
Bloodborne Kart?
Horizon Zero One Two?
Horizon Forbidden East?
Astro Bot Concordia?

So yeah, not an actual list. We don't have too long to wait until we find out what PlayStation are showing though.

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess either Sony's confidence in Concord was so misplaced at the time, that no one bother to remove the sequel (As after the failure....or somehow they think THIS will be the top seller that the first one was supposed to be. Who am I kidding, it's a sequel to a game that wouldn't even have been a year old before being announced.

If it is the the former though, does suddenly open up a spot...
It seems more to be the gilding of the lily. Just in case "Horizon Forbidden East" and "Horizon Zero One Two" weren't enough.

I'm gonna guess either Sony's confidence in Concord was so misplaced at the time, that no one bothered to remove the sequel after the failure....or somehow they think THIS will be the top seller that the first one was supposed to be. Who am I kidding, it's a sequel to a game that wouldn't even have been a year old before being announced.

If it is the former though, does suddenly open up a spot...
Is this part of the bit?

Is this part of the bit?
I'm not sure, its just beyond insane in my eyes to see "Concord 2" knowing full well what happened to Concord itself. It would be like those developers announcing "The Day after Tomorrow 2" a week after the first game's awful launch.

It seems more to be the gilding of the lily. Just in case "Horizon Forbidden East" and "Horizon Zero One Two" weren't enough.

I didn't even notice those. Definately looks more sus looking at it again.

Last edited:
Are state of plays usually announced this soon before they happen?
Yeah, the turn around time is pretty quick from announcement to the showcase.

It's not indicative of a rushed state of play they cobbled together to make people forget about Concord, or the price of PS5 Pro etc.

They'll need another thing to distract people away, when they announce the Days Gone will be getting a remaster before Bloodborne...

Last edited:
I'm not sure, its just beyond insane in my eyes to see "Concord 2" knowing full well what happened to Concord itself. It would be like those developers announcing "The Day after Tomorrow 2" a week after the first game's awful launch.

I didn't even notice those. Definately looks more sus looking at it again.
Just to be sure in case you still haven’t put 1 and 1 together yet.

Not only is the list fake, it’s also obviously meant as a joke.

:)

Last edited:
Just to be sure in case you still haven’t put 1 and 1 together yet.

Not only is the list fake, it’s also obviously meant as a joke.

:)
I did, which is why I said it looks more sus looking at it again. I was just fixated on Concord 2 and didn't even look at the rest of the list.

Sony needs a W after concord 400M fail and ps5 pro backlash. A remaster or a sequel to bloodborne would be a good start.
63066593-b709-4adc-bd09-eb635f9347c9.jpg

Bloodborne Kart is probably the best idea I have ever heard. Just imagine Father Gascoigne doing the Luigi staredown when he passes you (after, probably, severing a limb or two).

More on topic, it would be cool to have a more ”arcady” GT7 partymode, including the infamous 1.49 Sambabus/Fiat 500 etc. jump physics but tweaked a little.

Last edited:
Bloodborne Kart is probably the best idea I have ever heard. Just imagine Father Gascoigne doing the Luigi staredown when he passes you (after, probably, severing a limb or two).

More on topic, it would be cool to have a more ”arcady” GT7 partymode, including the infamous 1.49 Sambabus/Fiat 500 etc. jump physics but tweaked a little.

It's a real thing. It was literally Bloodborne Kart but it got forced to rebrand.

There isn't a "we're so back" when you spend 400M on a game and have to shut it down after 2 weeks because nobody wanted to play it.
That 400 million number is highly doubtful and not just more than a rumor as far as I understood, and I don’t believe it myself looking at other games in that budget range, as they are usually more technologically advanced, need much more writing, actors and had a lot more marketing around it from what I saw going on.

I might be wrong, but wasn’t the production cost of GT7 somewhere in the 70 million $ region? That makes the 400M for Concord seem highly exaggerated.
You could say the same for every live service multiplayer online pvp game - they are cheap to create (compared to story driven games) and usually net more profit by having the higher customer base.

There isn't a "we're so back" when you spend 400M on a game and have to shut it down after 2 weeks because nobody wanted to play it.
Taking a joke like a real champ here my man.

Let me guess, Sony is only back when they make a sequel to Blooborne am I right? Otherwise SONY CAN PACK IT UP!

;)

That is the reason this game is on the bottom half of the picture along the "oh ****".
That 400 million number is highly doubtful and not just more than a rumor as far as I understood, and I don’t believe it myself looking at other games in that budget range, as they are usually more technologically advanced, need much more writing, actors and had a lot more marketing around it from what I saw going on.
I might be wrong, but wasn’t the production cost of GT7 somewhere in the 70 million $ region? That makes the 400M for Concord seem highly exaggerated.
Link to the interview with the rumour, see for yourselves:

Taking a joke like a real champ here my man.

Let me guess, Sony is only back when they make a sequel to Blooborne am I right? Otherwise SONY CAN PACK IT UP!

;)
"Bloodborne remaster or sequel would be a good start (context: for sony getting a W after 2 giant L's)" is what I actually said.
You guessed wrongly.

"Bloodborne remaster or sequel would be a good start (context: for sony getting a W after 2 giant L's)" is what I actually said.
You guessed wrongly.
I'd argue Sony got a win only days after Concord with Astro Bot given that it's the highest rated game of 2024 so far, but that's just me.

Anyway. Nothing to get worked up about.

Sidenote: Colin Moriarty 🤮

$400M is definitely wrong - while I don't think we know GT's production cost, thanks to the Insomniac hack we know the figures for Horizon Forbidden West, The Last of Us 2 and Spider-Man 2, and all three (excluding the Marvel licensing fee for Spidey) are around $200M. Concord would have been expensive, for sure, but based on staff headcount and mocap/VA work amounts it will have been under those three, not double the amount.

Anyway, apologies, I didn't realise posting about the SoP would take us this far off topic.

I'd argue Sony got a win only days after Concord with Astro Bot given that it's the highest rated game of 2024 so far, but that's just me.

Anyway. Nothing to get worked up about.

Sidenote: Colin Moriarty 🤮
I'm sure a 15h game that took a lot of "inspiration" from mario galaxy will make up for what is potentially the greatest flop in gaming history
Scores are not the w you think.

I'm sure a 15h game that took a lot of "inspiration" from mario galaxy will make up for what is potentially the greatest flop in gaming history
Scores are not the w you think.
Flop yes. Greatest flop I don't think it's there. Anthem, Avengers, heck Suicide Squad and Redfall are quite recent. I think Sony saw it was going that way and changed tack early. That's probably the wisest thing you could do. I don't think it would've cost 400 mil either. That'll be forgotten once GTA6 lands anyway. Anyways let's see what tonight brings.

Edit: didn't see the bit about Astro Bot. Dude...

Last edited:
Don't know if "My First GT" will have more shown today, but it crossed my mind that since it's likely to be a smaller scale game/demo, perhaps it could see Sophy A.I. replace the role of the normal A.I. across all gameplay for the first time.
That could be neat, if it happens.

Back