Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 406 comments
So my free speech stops at their hurt feelings ?
No, it stops at the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to in order to create an account on this private site.

This isn't a discussion, not that your bizarre dissembling even approaches that. Either post without being abusive to other members here or do not bother posting at all.

Sorry
At $12,300 or $17,099 for the 30th anniversary Pro ?

Sure People spend their money however they want, i am not preventing them or forbidding them, how could I, and why would I even bother ....

But That's my personal opinion about that situation.

So my free speech stops at their hurt feelings ?
Why don't we say that to trump first....

Sharing opinions here no longer allowed?
We cannot say something being stupid as stupid anymore ?

I see myself as a Democrat, but I am now confused as to what is the new socially correct way to say something is stupid without saying it is stupid ?

I thought I was woke, but I guess I am not woke enough.
(Need more coffee)

Should we also ban the word stupid from the dictionary?

Who here is hurt because I said you are stupid for buying a Pro ?

Buy it, i dont care. Spend however much you want on it, i don't care.

I personally think it is stupid....

And I will eventually be stupid enough to get the PS5 Pro or PS5 down the line....

Relax people, don't forget to wear your thick skin when you wake up... Cheese.
The $17000 is just for a controller, not the Pro. and yeah it's the epitome of stupid is so many different vectors.

limiting save space to a mere 500 ish megabytes is all they can manage from al that POWAH Even allowing local only replay saves would be sacrilege to even conceive with all the POWAH nowadays.
And until GT7 offers unlimited automatic replay saves to use that 2TB,
Sony-imposed, platform-wide save file size limit is the issue here.
2 controllers, 2TB, Pro.
But with no disc drive attachment, only the cover, either.

I've seen over four decades of gaming and collecting that mid life console updates tend to target very few games. Atari and Sega screwed the pooch royally on this with the 7800 and the 32X. Atari's issue boiled down to people being too cheap to drop $5 to $10 more on a game that had a sound chip in the cartridge. Around 2005-2010 that started to become the norm and those games sold well to a small community of enthusiasts.
Sega fractured it's customer base with the 32X. It gets better though, as there were three different hardware configurations required to play all the CD, LaserDisc, and 32X games. Even the Nintendo 64's Expansion Pak library is fairly small. Unless you're into less popular Zelda and GoldenEye style shooters you don't need the upgrade. These days instead of installing a module or wiring the game room for a small brownout we're throwing a $500 console away and spending $700 to replace it and have the honor of re buying accessories.
That said, I'm one of those people who buys the upgrades. I also have a use for my "old" PS5 as we have never had a Blu Ray player in the house and could use one in the living room.

Sounds like a much better deal. Will they have them in plus sizes for the OG disc edition??

Based on experience with one or the other, a trip to Japan. You get to guess which one I've experienced but it's not difficult.
I started back in the Spectrum 48k days so have seen it all too . . . 😃

Sony-imposed, platform-wide save file size limit is the issue here.

But with no disc drive attachment, only the cover, either.
sony made a bad nonsensical archaic restriction, even for a decade ago, at 500MB?, then they should be doubly ashamed, even more so for not updating it to anything remotely reasonable in the year of our lordess and goddess two thousand and twenty four. And not separating media like replays, photos, liveries from actual game progression file saves or to allow local only files is inexcusable. make bad "rules" is very bad, defending them much much worse.

But hey maybe speed limit of 12mph from 1901 should always be enforced and never ever under any sensible way updated.

Last edited:
Looks like some GTPlanet members are interesting in buying the console.

Do you want to try that again without being insulting towards them?

Oh Alphabet here is nothing compared to a Drill Sergeant. I think he just needs to slink back to the penalty line and start apologizing, then we'll be A (to Z) OK. BUT...I will not use his youth, lack of funds, and lack of real world experience to prove a point or anything.
Yes I did buy some 30th anniversary stuff on eBay. Right now due to a busted phone and my sales tax exemption my PlayStation account is a hot mess. Get this: due to the sales tax exemption it would actually be cheaper for me to buy from a reseller on eBay where the exemption is honored. It was certainly easier. I got two Dual Sense controllers. One took five minutes to purchase on ebay and one took three hours to purchase from Sony.

Yeah, safe to say I'll be one of the few who are getting the Pro, as I'm a self-admitted graphics nut, so...

I'm mostly curious about how PSSR will look like on my 4K TV. Compressed YouTube videos don't really do it justice, I've come to learn.

Yeah, safe to say I'll be one of the few who are getting the Pro, as I'm a self-admitted graphics nut, so...

I'm mostly curious about how PSSR will look like on my 4K TV. Compressed YouTube videos don't really do it justice, I've come to learn.
In person 120fps is more like looking out the real window, something that is very hard to imagine, until you experience it. 60fps on yt- especially racing is why people go to races in person. F1 in person is night and day different than watching it on a screen. When engines shake the ground and make your chest reverberate like no sound system you could ever power with residential electrical grid restrictions.

I said I would wait it out but ending up getting the regular Pro. I’m really only doing it in the hope that VR will be smoother and have less pop up and sharper distance draw.

Couldn’t care about Ray tracing but if it casts interesting light in cockpit that would be the cherry.

I'm so tired of modern gaming. They could have given us 32 cars on track but instead we get whatever the hell this is.
Umm...the group that does the games is not the same group that makes the consoles. The decision to make a PS5 Pro is completely detached from the PD team. This statement could have said "The could have given Kratos 32 hats" and it would be as valid.
Even without the blogpost marketing it as a GT7 trial, the thing that deconfirms this is the demo being on PS4.

Sony seem done with crossgen for first-party now - Helldivers, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Astro Bot, LEGO Horizon all are 2024 SIE-published games and all are not on PS4. Also Concord while it existed. So they wouldn't then go back to it for the next GT.
Ya, let's face it, it was really just a stop gap measure because of the covid supply line issues.

But honestly, I don't get the outrage with this thread. If it's expensive, don't buy it. I wanted a 30th anni version as well, but...meh...whatevs.

The blue case that I can buy for the regular one looks pretty cool so, eh, I'll just buy a regular PS5 bundle and live life without the agitation. Life is too short to get your (stuff) in a knot over a piece of technology whose sole purpose is to cater to the people who are HAPPY to dish out the extra cash, and those people exist.

If no one on this forum is such a person, that's fine. Sony isn't trying to sell it to you and you shouldn't be upset about it.

Last edited:
We should be grateful we dont need Apple spec consoles. With each month that passes of device ownership games load one second longer by design. This is the idea I am giving to Sony to progress new console sales. Make the base PS5 take longer to load games. Oh and why not while we are there make GT7 run at 59fps maximum.
There are easy and cheap ways to make new consoles more performant. (evil laugh).

Last edited:
If next content update is not released until maybe early november, it has to be major one,

I still prefer waiting longer betwen updates if it means they will be larger.

I am sure some details Will be shared either on current Tokyo gameshow or the live events later this week.

It's like building a hot dog stand, the stand itself may be the best AI driven autobot decepticon technology fat food can entoxificate folks with in record pace, but without a gourmet mouth watering drool inducing unstoppable salivating delicious weiner stuffed with the most amazing carefully crafted ingredients that you just can't resist shoving down your throat to get all the juicy deliciousness, well those robots just gonna have to wait.
I thought this was a Gran Turismo forum?

Latest Posts

Back