Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
This may be one of the most absurd things ive heard someone say about Kaz in a while, say whatever you want about him but the man legit puts an inmense amount of effort, if not all of it, into these games no matter the end result
No he doesn't. Not anymore. He's more interested in living out his inner racing driver fantasy than creating a driving game that appeals to millions of people.

PD/Sony this is such a good idea. Nerf credit grinding then lock everyone out of the servers to rant about it on social media.

Good move, well done. :rolleyes:

CBH
20220317_102652.jpg
You had the original on its side, this is how it should be...

Agreed, but it not supposed to take literally years of dedicated daily play to get them all either, it's a balance, and right now that balance in GT7 is wrong.
For sure. Perhaps in some time I will feel more strongly the other way. It just seems easy for people to jump on a hate train towards PD because they have different subjective expectations from the developers. That has to be one of the hardest things to do in any situation - balancing the expectations and enjoyments of players. How do you distinguish between impatient haste vs fairness and the vision of the developer? PD are almost always going to be in a tough spot.

I can't understand a game that is focused on collecting cars, making it harder and harder to make money to collect them.
How did you end up to this conclusion? Trying to understand what has happened.. I am still so pissed I can't connect that couldn't focus on anything else.

I generally do agree with you, and thought the payouts were okay before. My big issue here is them installing an update and actually reducing payouts, which is something I've never seen any game do before. It would be one thing if there was some glitch that gave you millions of credits per race and they were fixing it, but that wasn't even remotely the case.
Agreed. Taking away from the players what you have already provided is usually going to be perceived negatively.

I didn't have a chance to play GT7 yet, so I didn't really experience how the game economics actually work. Initially, when I started reading this thread, I wanted to defend the game, but after reading the whole topic I can see it did actually became a problem. Personally always liked how there were 20 million cars in GT5 and GT6, you couldn't just go and buy it after a day of playing, but with seasonal events they had and with the amount/payments of single player events it was pretty possible to buy those cars one day without it feeling too much as grinding while still give that feeling of a big achievement when you finally able to afford some Ferrari 330P4. While I still like GT7 and still really want to play it one day, it seems like they took it too far and this situation is pretty sad. Find it hard to believe it was PD who decided to do that, never felt like they put the income above the player's satisfaction, but it doesn't really matter if it is PD or Sony. As a F2P Genshin player I wanted to compare this to Genshin and say something like "this game is also build around microtransactions but I can play it without any of those just fine", but with Genshin I literally didn't spend a single cent, the game is free and it runs on my old potato PC, while GT7 is far from free and I would also have to buy PS5 for it, so it can't really be compared that way.
Hopefully, this issue will be addressed and they fix the game's economy. I don't want them to just make everything accessible within a day or two of playing, for example I think it's fine if I wouldn't be able to buy some legendary car in one rotation, it's okay if I would have to wait for it to appear again. But when you have to grind just to upgrade some car - that's pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
For sure. Perhaps in some time I will feel more strongly the other way. It just seems easy for people to jump on a hate train towards PD because they have different subjective expectations from the developers. That has to be one of the hardest things to do in any situation - balancing the expectations and enjoyments of players. How do you distinguish between impatient haste vs fairness and the vision of the developer? PD are almost always going to be in a tough spot.
Yes, no matter how some developers try to satisfy every people and fan out there, the majority will always bash them, no matter what, even for the simplest things, like this one.

If I have a different opinion, now it's called trolling? Wonderful mental gymnastics.
Well you did dismiss my opinion as "circlejerking". It's very clear than you have gone full fanboy mode, which makes you think you like GT more than the rest of us. That very much isn't true. If you had a bit more maturity maybe we could have a more productive conversation in this forum.

I have my opinion as well, and I am not part of the snowflake Karen generation, that is making this whole so-called gamer community so toxic, I am sorry.

These are just some random keywords nonsense.

I hope the playerbase actually drops as a result of this and it's not a case of "I'm gonna complain about this but still play the game." Because...PD won't listen otherwise.

At least I have Grid Legends to finish.
That's not gonna happen. You know, not only die-hard GTPlanet forumers play this game, but millions of casual gamers, who just want to have fun. Crazy world!

Well, crying histerically about decreasing the grind methods by 40 percent is nothing, but a toxic behavior in my eyes, I am sorry.

Oh so we should just shut up and accept whatever PD does cause "they know best."

Get tf on with that **** man. Y'all overuse the word, "toxic" to simply describe things YOU personally don't like.

The game already over-inflates the prices for normal cars, and now the ways to make money to get them has been cut down drastically.. You don't have to "agree" with it to understand its a valid complaint amongst players.

If I have a different opinion, now it's called trolling? Wonderful mental gymnastics.
Ok, we all get your positive opinion. I don't see a person who is blaming you about it. It is just you who really want to argue with anyone (nearly the whole gt community) who criticize the decreased payouts. Now would you please enjoy the music rally and that masterpiece and leave the room? Please? Otherwise you are not positive person, but a troll. And you are a troll not because the positive opinion, but because you argue with everyone who is not that positive. You get it now?

I'd love to see sales numbers through the first two weeks - which I know Sony and PD are going to trumpet, and see the player count drop after this was all announced.

This is practically guaranteeing people don't come to this game ever again, and if they do, it's long, long after it would be worthwhile.

Ok, we all get your positive opinion. I don't see a person who is blaming you about it. It is just you who really want to argue with anyone (nearly the whole gt community) who criticize the decreased payouts. Now would you please enjoy the music rally and that masterpiece and leave the room? Please? Otherwise you are not positive person, but a troll. And you are a troll not because the positive opinion, but because you argue with everyone who is not that positive. You get it now?
"Having different opinions on a forum is not trolling" – Captain Obvious, 2022.

Yes, no matter how some developers try to satisfy every people and fan out there, the majority will always bash them, no matter what, even for the simplest things, like this one.

We are getting taxed to hell, peoples pay isnt going up with inflation, energy and fuel prices are going through the roof, everything is increasing in prices - housing, food, even Fanatecs.

I guess GT7 is a Simulator after all - lets reduce how much money you have left over, just like real life!

Back