Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I've been advocating for an article considering GTP's relative closeness to Kaz since it was made clear that this was the point in which Polyphony was hellbent on going to.

Besides, if GTP aren't going to do it, then others on Youtube and other gaming sites will. And to some here (who have all disappeared, weird) those gaming sites and Youtubers, they aren't going to be very nice to elder god Yamauchi. Nor should they be.
This has an overt tone of "write an article about it or I'm going to start a hate campaign".

Pretty sure covertly threatening to instigate a hate campaign against one specific individual and wording it in a way which implies the staff members of the site are in cahoots with said individual is something that can be seen as going against the AUP.

Thoughts on this @Famine & @Scaff ?

Not approving of someone's management is fine, but threatening to organise a hate campaign is ridiculous.

Last edited:
So many drama queens.

It's not that different from other GT launches. There are bumps. They smooth them out.

Expecting them to change before the servers are even back up is a good example of unreal expectations.

GT Planet should show how many times each member has threatened to quit and never play again. That would be quite funny. :lol:
Right? In fact its been 2 weeks since launch and already 2 patches. If you really like this game, you will continue to do so and enjoy it. I know I am, and I'm on a freakin' pad, waiting 17yrs for Fanatec to send me my ****m while my rig is sitting empty. Now that's a real reason to cry 😭😭

So many drama queens.

It's not that different from other GT launches. There are bumps. They smooth them out.

Expecting them to change before the servers are even back up is a good example of unreal expectations.

GT Planet should show how many times each member has threatened to quit and never play again. That would be quite funny. :lol:
It is very different to other Gran Turismo launches. Today alone the game has been unavailable to play for the majority of the day. There's been far more backlash on this game than I've seen with any other edition and with good reason.

I've enjoyed the game, but it is one of the weakest entries in the series for a number of different reasons.

This has an overt tone of "write an article about it or I'm going to start a hate campaign".

Pretty sure covertly threatening to instigate a hate campaign against one specific individual and wording it in a way which implies the staff members of the site are in cahoots with said individual is something that can be seen as going against the AUP.

Not approving of someone's management is fine, but threatening to organise a hate campaign is ridiculous.
Huh? I didn't get that impression at all. Even if GTP does or does not comment on certain things, there will still be others with a following that do regardless. GTP just has the advantage of seeming to have more of a relationship with Kaz/PD. That's all I got from it.

Here is a thought. Is it actually more effective now to replay the championships? Do they still give the full payout rewards again (minus the car rewards) or are the payouts reduced? Provided you clean race all 3 races on a championship and win it as well some of them can reward 150k-300k credits per roughly 20 mins. I haven't tried this yet but maybe it's worth repeating the championships for more money. Still overall, it's less about the credits nerf and more about the fact you can run out of fun races and events to earn those credits.

...you can check if server is online here

GT7.JPG

Quite dissapointing that the lowered the earnings, i still love gt7, and won’t go back to gt sport for the sake of that flaw, becouse gt7 is superior to gt sport in most ways

Not a hate campaign at all, I don't know where you got that from. @Silver Arrows sentiment was very fair and I agree with him.

Well I have hope that in the coming days and PD see the majority of consumers outrage at their blatant robbery they maybe will reconsider and throw some kind of bone out there in an update to make things more palatable, rather than just give up I have hope that they may see some sense for the long term and give a credit building solution to appease the masses... sorry 👍
I wasn't aware that the majority of people who bought GT7 and still play it were on this forum.

It heavely try to make you buy currency but it's TOTALLY false to call it a pay2win game. You dont need to pay to win, you need skill. If you do all single content now you sit on enough money (around 4-5 million) to tune 3 cars for all 3 sports mode race and win with it if you are good enough. You dont need any money to finish any mission, challenge or licence either. So again, not pay2win.

Pay to collect if you want, but def. not pay2win.
I agree, I'm not sure if I don't get it but the idea behind these GT games is not about racing and get better?, actually play the game?, if you do that you will eventually earn the credits, earn new cars and you are not forced to pay any real money to accomplish it.

Sames happened to me how do I correct this issue because since update, as its not went back online....?
It's doesn't have to do with you, the servers are under mantainance, this is a general kind of problem right now. We are all waiting for it to be fixed.

Last edited:
It heavely try to make you buy currency but it's TOTALLY false to call it a pay2win game. You dont need to pay to win, you need skill. If you do all single content now you sit on enough money (around 4-5 million) to tune 3 cars for all 3 sports mode race and win with it if you are good enough. You dont need any money to finish any mission, challenge or licence either. So again, not pay2win.

Pay to collect if you want, but def. not pay2win.
I agree, I'm not sure if I don't get it but the idea behind these GT games is not about racing and get better?, actually play the game?, if you do that you will eventually earn the credits, earn new cars and you are not forced to pay any real money to accomplish it.

There's a large gap between 2 weeks and 5 years of grinding.

On what events? The game barely has any. As for custom races, you're looking at 12+ years of grinding if you're only going that route, and that's assuming you never upgrade your cars.
Well, I finished all cafe races and a first missions, plus a few licence test, and have about 70 cars in the garage. Is that a bad start? Even to play with friends online. Im in a league where we race one-car all season, group 3 and 4. Personally its enough until I earn more credits to build my collection.

All I meant to say is, yeah its not great that we lost some good payout. But is it so terrible that people are bitchin and sayin their gonna stop playing all together? 🤣

Don't tell then how to run GTP. That's how you get banned. Lol
You're not a member of the site's staff, please dot try and speak for us or claim that we will take actions.

As long as members keep to the AUP when they post on GT Planet (and that post does) then we will have no reason to take actions, what members do on other platforms is outside our control.

Good job completely misinterpreting my comments and snitch tagging staff. No surprise coming from you.

Read my comments again. Considering GTP's closeness with Kaz over the years, it would certainly be beneficial and would help if the editorial staff wrote an article condemning the micro-transactions and always online (though I will say that Jordan's comments spoken to me in the review thread about how always online wasn't a big deal to the ultimate player base are ringing in my mind for some reason) alongside the in game economy, since Polyphony have no desire to listen to the community and seem gung-ho on killing their game for the long haul by continuing the very obvious push towards micro-transactions.

And if they aren't going to do it? Then Youtubers and other gaming sites, who don't have that closeness with Kaz, are going to do the job. And they won't be so nice to Kaz like the hardcore here would want them to be, nor should they play nice anymore. Since it's getting increasingly clear to me, and anyone with a brain, that these moves are being done from studio management, and not Sony.

Just a question to all of the moaners and complainers in here: how many cars do you have in your garage after playing through the majority of the cafe, missions, license tests? I'd bet quite a bit. Hopefully the grind is lessened sooner than later re: payouts, roulette prizes but don't pretend like the game is short-changing you to the degree you seem to indicate in the comments here.

The combined value of cars gifted during the campaign only makes up a small fraction of the credits you need throughout the game.

Right? In fact its been 2 weeks since launch and already 2 patches. If you really like this game, you will continue to do so and enjoy it. I know I am, and I'm on a freakin' pad, waiting 17yrs for Fanatec to send me my ****m while my rig is sitting empty. Now that's a real reason to cry 😭😭
Honestly I LOVE the game, while also acknowledged the huge issues surrounding it so I can understand the frustration of some member here, couldn't blame them.
I'm worried about the future of this series if they keep this attitude towards the mtx going though, they would lose tons of fans and even drive away newcomers. The driving part, although flawed is still fun. The customization is great. Shame the economy is on the verge of breaking down. Not everyone will have the patience to keep up.

I could say that this is the worst launch the series has ever did.

All I could say is I hope no one is desperate enough to buy the credits because that's the same thing that killed GTAO for me.

"Having different opinions on a forum is not trolling" – Captain Obvious, 2022.
You need to practice more “reading with understanding”. As said.. you seem to be a troll not because you have a different opinion, but because you try to argue anyone who doesn’t share yours. Hope you get it now! I am done with you. 😊

This thread has turned into a rant page, I would love to find POSITIVE words that tell us that these issues are being fixed. I want to have the ability to contact PD or the developers and to hear from them. There is not an OFFICIAL forum from PD like other video games have where you can contact the game support area and post your bugs and issues directly to them. We do have GTPlanet, the best and most informed source to go to in times like this, but we need to be able to contact the direct source for these bugs / issues.

You know what they could do? (And I've been thinking about this since GT Sport) If they increased drastically the Sport Mode prizes, they could solve 2 problems at once: bring more people to Sport Mode and stop the complaints about the grinding.

Since it's getting increasingly clear to me, and anyone with a brain, that these moves are being done from studio management, and not Sony.
Way to go with insulting those that thinks different to you, like why even go that far? Also i want to know what makes you think that PD gets the MTX revenue considering that they are a subsidiary to Sony where the money earned from Sales and MTX are going to Sony and have to answer to the higher ups that its PD decision? You also seem to forget that every single Sony multiplayer games have MTX.

Last edited:
Fascinating the reaction culture these days, literally everything has to be polarised and taken to an extreme its more about society than the game genuinely... I think the game economy is fair within its yet to be revealed full context, PD's big fear will be everyone disengaging if there's nothing left to collect... A bit like a baffled predator after a herd of prey if there is too much to choose from you don't even make a choice. My garage already has a stack of undriven cars basically because I got them too quickly, how many undriven cars do you have... more than half?!

Perhaps a rethink is necessary on progression maybe XP per car which opens up the upgrades path for actually driving them?

Back