Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Here is a thought. Is it actually more effective now to replay the championships? Do they still give the full payout rewards again (minus the car rewards) or are the payouts reduced? Provided you clean race all 3 races on a championship and win it as well some of them can reward 150k-300k credits per roughly 20 mins. I haven't tried this yet but maybe it's worth repeating the championships for more money. Still overall, it's less about the credits nerf and more about the fact you can run out of fun races and events to earn those credits.
I've done the championships, at least pre-patch and we have no idea what these "adjusted payouts" are. Fisherman's was still the better money maker by far. ~10min to make 292.5k. The second to last championship takes about 32min (if you're really fast) and the payouts were, I believe, 350k if you managed to get the clean race bonus on all three races. So Fisherman's was a good 2.5x+ more profitable. Also did the final championship and I believe the payout/min was even worse than the one right before it.

Last edited:
The servers are still down. Hello McFly.
Yep they down
F215B7AD-9969-4BDD-863D-31A71A138C5F.png

Don't consider studio management your friends. Especially when they have the power that Polyphony does in the Sony first party hierarchy...especially when Kaz is on the Playstation board and only really answers to Jim Ryan and Hermann Hulst.
Kaz as SVP is a long and old info, the last info was from 2017 and the recent news about SIE SVP was about the pedophile that was caught which is not Kaz.

Also i never said that PD is an all good being? theres definitely some very shady moments (Always online was 100% PD decision) but when it comes to MTX and low payouts im certain its not PD, see GTS and GT6.

Last edited:
This thread has turned into a rant page, I would love to find POSITIVE words that tell us that these issues are being fixed. I want to have the ability to contact PD or the developers and to hear from them. There is not an OFFICIAL forum from PD like other video games have where you can contact the game support area and post your bugs and issues directly to them. We do have GTPlanet, the best and most informed source to go to in times like this, but we need to be able to contact the direct source for these bugs / issues.
The above posts are proof things are not good, as I stated in above, this thread had become a pile of RANTS. what it's needed here is good, honest and straightforward information about the current issue of 1.07 and the servers shut down because of it.

Last edited:
Just a question to all of the moaners and complainers in here: how many cars do you have in your garage after playing through the majority of the cafe, missions, license tests? I'd bet quite a bit. Hopefully the grind is lessened sooner than later re: payouts, roulette prizes but don't pretend like the game is short-changing you to the degree you seem to indicate in the comments here.
As it stands right now, you need over Cr.277 million to buy one each of 360 of the 424 launch cars, now that you've finished the Cafe take a look at how much you are earning on average a day. How long do you think it's going to take you to own even 3/4 of the cars in the game?

A fair sense of progression once the tiny single-player mode is all people are asking for, to then be collectively labelled as "moaners and complainers" is innacurate and frankly more than a little insulting.

You may have hours a day, every day, for the next 5+ years to dedicate to grinding out the required credits. Many others don't and the glacial rate of earning in GT7, combined with the FOMO design and inability to sell cars, make it all the worse.

These are not moans and complaints for the hell of it, these are perfectly valid issues about a game economy that increasingly looks geared towards pushing MTX's onto people, a feeling only strengthened by todays update nerfing the highest earning events.

Kaz as SVP is a long and old info, the last info was from 2017 and the recent news about SIE SVP was about the pedophile that was caught which is not Kaz
Boy, great job putting words into my mouth.

It ultimately doesn't matter, senior management at Polyphony ultimately signed off on this and as such, they deserve as much blame as Sony does. It takes two to tango - and really, it tracks with the idea that Kaz ultimately doesn't care about the wider gaming industry outside of his own insular bubble unless it suits him, because anyone could have seen, with the Battlefront II debacle, that this entire thing was going to happen. And this time around? People aren't going to be so nice to either Polyphony, or Sony. Nor should they be.

Which loops back around to my original point: it certainly would be nice for GTP to use their editorial power to come out against this.

So many drama queens.

It's not that different from other GT launches. There are bumps. They smooth them out.
Except this update added a noteworthy bump. No reason to pretend that people don’t realize that the first few weeks after a new game release aren’t going to be smooth sailing. Nerfing payouts is a whole different ballpark when the in-game economy already was hostile to begin with.

It ultimately doesn't matter, senior management at Polyphony ultimately signed off on this and as such, they deserve as much blame as Sony does. It takes two to tango - and really, it tracks with the idea that Kaz ultimately doesn't care about the wider gaming industry outside of his own insular bubble unless it suits him, because anyone could have seen, with the Battlefront II debacle, that this entire thing was going to happen. And this time around? People aren't going to be so nice to either Polyphony, or Sony. Nor should they be.

Which loops back around to my original point: it certainly would be nice for GTP to use their editorial power to come out against this.
That's what is happening when companies don't have competitors.

Well yeah, if your boss wants you to do it his way you comply with it, especially when youre in a comfortable position.

Maybe next time, dont call people who dont think like you as brainless, yeah?

That's what is happening when companies don't have competitors.
Oh, Polyphony has competitors. One's just going back to the drawing board in Forza Motorsport 8 - and we'll get info on that soon.

But even in that case, Polyphony doesn't care about anyone except themselves, even when Forza was around and most of the fanbase jumped over to it.

Well yeah, if your boss wants you to do it his way you comply with it, especially when youre in a comfortable position.
Almost like Sony should probably realize what they're getting into. But then again, 'Arrogant Sony' exists as a meme for a reason.

Its not just just for GT7 the servers are offline for now. I just tried GT Sport and it will only allow me to play offline now without the ability to save.
Considering they're probably both located at the same location this isn't shocking at all...

With the update, the creator showed car lovers the middle finger. You might as well enter a single credit prize for winning. Do you think this will force players to buy credits? Not! Nobody will spend the absurd $ 120 buying a virtual Jaguar for 12,000,000 credits.

As it stands right now, you need over Cr.277 million to buy one each of 360 of the 424 launch cars, now that you've finished the Cafe take a look at how much you are earning on average a day. How long do you think it's going to take you to own even 3/4 of the cars in the game?

A fair sense of progression once the tiny single-player mode is all people are asking for, to then be collectively labelled as "moaners and complainers" is innacurate and frankly more than a little insulting.

You may have hours a day, every day, for the next 5+ years to dedicate to grinding out the required credits. Many others don't and the glacial rate of earning in GT7, combined with the FOMO design and inability to sell cars, make it all the worse.

These are not moans and complaints for the hell of it, these are perfectly valid issues about a game economy that increasingly looks geared towards pushing MTX's onto people, a feeling only strengthened by todays update nerfing the highest earning events.

A great take on the grind vs rewards is what to expect, with GT-Sport we would get 366 cars for free over a year just by doing our daily miles. Would that be enough handouts to be considered fair? Or in other words how much would be enough to satisfy players?

I am still dumbfounded by the total lack of modern gaming loops in GT games. There should be daily races that earned cars and credits. Weekly races that were harder to get into and harder to win (with limited attempts) with bigger rewards. Just like in all other modern games, play the game to get more out of the game. I might even use time with that content over online races!

Back