Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
When people mention boycotting I usually roll my eyes but something absolutely needs to be done about this. They cannot be allowed to get away with it.
Well they, Putin-ing it through! Everybody complains, but in the end it will be done, no matter what.

I have mine coming next week! It will be used exclusively on PC at this rate. Why force myself through GT7 when I have iRacing, Automobilista 2, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa 1 + Comp and Project Cars 2.
They will loose many players. Maybe the payout is greater with this model :(

The lovable Sony you once knew isnt here anymore, their focus is now Live service games which GT7 is. Sony gets the revenue from MT not PD.

Also Destiny 2 is just as scummy with the DCV.
I can't stand Sony! Just saying I 100% believe this is PD's doing, and PD alone. Sony can eat a bag of dicks for all I care, and so can Kaz...

I don't see Sony being the culprit behind always-online, micro-transactions, horrible payouts, FOMO-simulator (err, Legend Dealership and Invite system) or the pittance of content we received at launch. These things aren't forced on their other first-party studios so I don't know why they'd be doing it to one of their oldest flagship studios. This is 100% Kaz and PD and I'll continue putting the blame squarely on them for this dumpster fire until I see some proof that Sony is behind this. Maybe there is something out there I've not seen though, I'm often wrong and have no problem admitting when I'm misinformed.
It suits people's narrative to blame Sony for this debacle. If it wasn't for Sony you wouldn't have seen PD make the effort to remedy the GT Sport disaster. They forced Kaz to put in a campaign mode. Why in the world would Sony destroy one of their biggest first party games? They haven't done this to any of their other major studios but somehow the Kaz acolytes would have us believe Sony broke Gran Turismo just because they can. Sony wants nothing more than for GT to be as big as it used to be. Which company wouldn't? I agree with you. This is 100% on Kaz. Not even PD, it's all Kaz.

Honestly I don’t think the nerf to grinding was to push microtransactions. Y’all gotta remember that this is the only GT game we’re getting for the next 4 years at least, and everything about how the game was designed, from the slow to update used and legends dealerships, to announcing updates on launch day to the random daily rewards that include things that cannot be bought, they’re doing everything they can to stretch out and extend the life of the game. Hell it seems they’re even holding back the endgame till further notice. I think they want to prevent people from collecting everything within the first month and nerfing the best grind races to be more in line with the rest of the single player I think limits the grinding and slows down players.
That being said however
Still a **** move
You have to remember that most players have a limited amount of time to play games, especially when they have other obligations like family or real work. Hardcore gamers who play for several hours on a daily basis will always complain about unlocking all of the content too fast and that won't change no matter how you'll balance the game (well unless you go to absolute extremes). With changes like the ones from this patch you either start treating GT7 as your second job or don't unlock the majority of the cars the game has to offer, because GT7 doesn't offer any ways of earning enough credits within a reasonable time period.

Last edited:
I kind of get it though. I was fine with the grind in GT1 - GT4 but GT7 has a different mechanic forcing you to do the career through cafe mode doing menus and forcing you to collect cars. That cafe mode should be a seperate mode in itself. I prefer the old way of doing career with grinding for credits for cars and upgrades to do races. Ive always hated the Performance points thing since the day it was announced that it was coming to a gran turismo game too.I have more cars in my garage now than I will ever use after getting to menu 34 but the credits are slow coming. I don't want to be handed a ton of credits after each race but I'm struggling with a championship now and I need credits to buy a few upgrades for my car.
kaz is the vice president of sony

It suits people's narrative to blame Sony for this debacle. If it wasn't for Sony you wouldn't have seen PD make the effort to remedy the GT Sport disaster. They forced Kaz to put in a campaign mode. Why in the world would Sony destroy one of their biggest first party games? They haven't done this to any of their other major studios but somehow the Kaz acolytes would have us believe Sony broke Gran Turismo just because they can. Sony wants nothing more than for GT to be as big as it used to be. Which company wouldn't? I agree with you. This is 100% on Kaz. Not even PD, it's all Kaz.
Exactly. GT has always been a system seller for Sony. Forcing them to add things that people absolutely loathe about modern gaming seems like a terrible business strategy.

Imagine, if forumers spent as much time on the game itself as they do on whining, how many expensive cars they could have bought! :D
I am at 150 cars right now including 10 legendarys and some VGT-Cars.
Completed the campaign + licences + missions (not gold ofc) + all left-over-races in about 45 h.
After that i only drove Fishermans -> about 10 h in total.

So after 55 hours I don't even have close to half the cars - and now the only really good CR-Gain-option (e.g. Fisherman) is getting gutted.
I spend maybe 1 hour on this forum ;-)

Estou com problemas em conseguir entrar no jogo está em manutenção desde as 6 horas da manhã são 4 horas da tarde 👀 alguém está com o mesmo problema de não conseguir entrar no jogo?

Last edited:
I tried uploading on YouTube a Music Replay video without any editing with the song "vroom" (the song created for the the game) and it is fully block by copyright no way to show the video in the world not even them running ads on my video.... 😶😶😶😶

"This song was created for the Gran Turismo® 7 soundtrack in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment, Polyphony Digital Studios, and PlayStation."
So that track was specifically created for the game? It still doesn't explain why posting the gameplay video is okay, but the music of it isn't. It actually makes more sense not to copyright block it if its related part of something else that cannot get a copyright flag...

kaz is the vice president of sony
What has that got to do with what I posted?
You have to remember that most players have a limited amount of time to play games, especially when they have other obligations like family or real work. Hardcore gamers who play for several hours on a daily basis will always complain about unlocking all of the content too fast and that won't change no matter how you'll balance the game (well unless you go to absolute extremes). With changes like the ones from this patch you either start treating GT7 as your second job or don't unlock the majority of the cars the game has to offer, because GT7 doesn't offer any ways of earning enough credits within a reasonable time period.
They should have an arcade mode for those with little time with everything unlocked and a much higher credit payout then. Some of us do enjoy to grind our way through the game. I feel like I've wasted my money if things were just handed to me on a golden platter. Even if I only have a half an hour a day to play I don't want everything just handed to me. I want the game to last.

What has that got to do with what I posted?

They should have an arcade mode for those with little time with everything unlocked and a much higher credit payout then. Some of us do enjoy to grind our way through the game. I feel like I've wasted my money if things were just handed to me on a golden platter. Even if I only have a half an hour a day to play I don't want everything just handed to me. I want the game to last.
i quoted the wrong comment, my bad

I'm not as invested in GT7 as a lot of people that I see here but I do understand the outcry and I get it because at a glance, it really does look like MTX is being forced hard down people throat by PD and I also have a problem with that. I really hate to think that PD can just blatantly treat their client base like that and not expecting any backlash from the community.

That being said, has anyone else here take a minute to think that the current payouts got nerfed because more events will be coming up that will probably pay a lot more with increased challenge? I say this because from the little bit that I've played, there's no way that this game is a finished product which means there's got to be more coming....or at least that's what I'm hoping for!

I think Sony and Polyphony don‘t want our feedback and questions, this seems to be very arrogant in my opinion.
Otherwise there would be a way to tell them our Problems. Even Apple has Feedback options and a forum, allthough they are also not very responsive
Fewer and fewer new companies doing good in the future. Back in the days, Google actually had good apps, everything worked. The downfall in abilities all over. It can be the great reset. Just a thought. It's not about doing products as good as possible any more :(

That being said, has anyone else here take a minute to think that the current payouts got nerfed because more events will be coming up that will probably pay a lot more with increased challenge? I say this because from the little bit that I've played, there's no way that this game is a finished product which means there's got to be more coming....or at least that's what I'm hoping for!
Maybe if Polyphony would tell us this, we would think that. But they haven't, so we have no indication of new races coming any time soon, and all we have now is an unfinished game where the rewards have been heavily nerfed from their already incredibly bad starting position.

I'm not as invested in GT7 as a lot of people that I see here but I do understand the outcry and I get it because at a glance, it really does look like MTX is being forced hard down people throat by PD and I also have a problem with that. I really hate to think that PD can just blatantly treat their client base like that and not expecting any backlash from the community.

and if new events that will pay more will come, why the hell you need to nerf current rewards?

I’m trying to think about the reasons why they making it to earn money so hard. The only reason I can think of is that they will be adding more content in the game with more opportunities to win cars and make more money. Like extra missions, menu books, races, roulette tickets and etc. giveaway not only new cars but also cars that already in the game. It’s clear that this game will have the longest life cycle so I imagine they want to keep players busy for a couple of years. But I agree that the current economy in the game is very frustrating. Don’t even get me started on time limited invitations to buy a car…

Boy, great job putting words into my mouth.

It ultimately doesn't matter, senior management at Polyphony ultimately signed off on this and as such, they deserve as much blame as Sony does. It takes two to tango - and really, it tracks with the idea that Kaz ultimately doesn't care about the wider gaming industry outside of his own insular bubble unless it suits him, because anyone could have seen, with the Battlefront II debacle, that this entire thing was going to happen. And this time around? People aren't going to be so nice to either Polyphony, or Sony. Nor should they be.

Which loops back around to my original point: it certainly would be nice for GTP to use their editorial power to come out against this.
And they do this after the pandemic. People have less money now, why should they earn more money than.

If the actual game part of the game - the racing - is fun, then it'll last. What you're looking for is more events, not slower progression.
If the racing is fun then yes it will last especially when or if I have to grind for credits just like in GT4. More events would be good too but what I'm looking for is the ability to restart the game when I have all menu books completed and slower progression is ok with me. You don't need to try and guess what somebody else wants

Back