Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I only mentioned COD because it was the first game I heard of that allowed you to 'prestige' - resetting your progress after hitting max level, but having a little mark next to your name so that people you were playing against knew you'd done it. Something like that would be cool here, but first of all they need to just let players reset their progress - like MMOs have for decades.

GT4 was pretty much an entirely single-player focussed experience, which would have made the grind the only gameplay option, and more compelling. The prize money was better, and the cars cost less. Yes it was a grind, but it was also just a more fun game with a better progression curve.
When I clear my favourite games I always delete the save and start over a few months after clearing it. I don't see why its not an option here either especially when you can start fresh with GT Sport. For instance my favourite game of all time is Mad Max on PC. I've cleared that game at least 30 - 40 times if not more and I will restart again when I'm cleared it this time. I don't want or need a mark next to my name just because I cleared the game. I just want to be able to restart from the beginning without having to create another PSN account to do so.

This is a very much single player experience with some online elements too.

Sony is playing with fire when it comes to GT7. The payout balance was indeed a mess, but IMO the credits/hour for the slowest method should've been at least 1 million. Fisherman's was nerfed too much and WTC 800 was not boosted enough.

But you know what? Most people won't care. Why? Because the average joe just wants to own a Skyline or something. And a Skyline is like 300k. Easy to get.

That's why all the studios who make racing games are intensifying the grind. PD saw the competition do the same and walk away unscathed, so they did it too.

Remember that Sony increased the price of all their AAA releases on PS5 to $70. With digital included, they've managed to break even or surpass the previous entries in their franchises (Horizon and GT). And they did so in less days than before! Dollar-to-dollar, Sony is enjoying HUGE success and Jim Ryan is grinning like a child during Christmas. In such scenario, I'd actually expect them to push further.

I hate to say it, but you'd best get used to it. This is the new normal in gaming. If Sony doesn't lower the MTX price in 3 months, I'll understand it as their policy being successful and won't expect any discounts.

My best advice is to play the game more intelligently and not make your life miserable by gunning for the Jag right away. Especially when in GTS this car was actually more expensive and the money making methods sucked as much as they now do in GT7.
I agree👌

....and who the hell is gonna want to spend their time and effort at the daily races/FIA events just to potentially get outrun by some kid who used his mom's credit card to buy all the best possible equipment? :irked:
Money can't buy skill. In this instance at least, the kid still has to be able to drive the car efficiently to beat you. But I still get your point.

Last edited:
When I clear my favourite games I always delete the save and start over a few months after clearing it. I don't see why its not an option here either especially when you can start fresh with GT Sport. For instance my favourite game of all time is Mad Max on PC. I've cleared that game at least 30 - 40 times if not more and I will restart again when I'm cleared it this time. I don't want or need a mark next to my name just because I cleared the game. I just want to be able to restart from the beginning without having to create another PSN account to do so.

This is a very much single player experience with some online elements too.
Hear, hear.

For what it's worth, I think the little prestige marks against a persons name or profile are a bit daft too - it's definitley something that appeals more to the COD generation.

Question: can we opt out of the 1.07 update? Then we could grind more under the old payout levels and update to 1.07 later. Would be nice.
Nope, the only way to avoid the update is to not be connected to the internet so it can't download, and if you not connected to the internet you can only do a limited form of arcade that will not earn you any credits.

I’m totally brand new to gt and all this stuff.. I’m not happy seeing payouts cut in half and to be honest I want to return the game
I've been with GT since GT5 and this is unacceptable. I'd return the game right now except... sony doesn't do refunds!

Not happy at all with the state of the game.

Which ones and which titles?

I've played and reviewed most titles that have come out, and the majority have done the exact opposite.
You only have to look at the biggest one, Forza Horizon 5. They patched out the Jeep's Super Wheelspins and removed a few Super Wheelspins from the perk trees of certain cars. Also, the wheelspins started paying out less. And the Festival Playlists require further progression than before to win certain cars new to the game.

Last year, Hot Wheels Unleashed was released, also with a punishing economy and expensive DLCs.

I admit I'm not familiar with GRID Legends, but it's not like they can afford to do what PD did with the few players and lack of goodwill they have. Maybe it's worth checking out until PD sorts this mess.

I stopped playing FH5 as often and had almost all the cars within a month then bored cos the prizes were cars you already had, I'm quite liking the fact I can't have all those cars at once, get too know the ones I've got. must be the minority going by this thread.
The Horizon series is boring for even casual racers because the events largely play out exactly the same - extremely forgiving 'tracks' with occasional random elements to spice things up, but otherwise one race is not much different from another. It plays great and is fun while it lasts, but at its core it's basically just Smugglers Run.

Game wants to be played years, not 2 weeks. People want million credits too early
I am definitely not someone that wants a ton of money/cars just given to me in Gran Turismo, but I think the bigger issue here is the fact that they published an update that literally gives you substantially less money for events, and those events were not exactly super high-paying to start with. There is no reason to do it outside of pushing players towards MTs. I think the sheer audacity of it, coupled with them taking the servers offline because the update is apparently a bug-ridden mess was the final straw for a lot of people. I love the game, but I can't say I blame anyone who refuses to keep playing after this.

Now on the Fisherman track, the winnings will be 30,000 plus 15,000 for a collision-free ride. Usually I do a circle at 3:10, so in 30 minutes you'll earn around 400,000 credits. Earlier, at the same time, it was possible to earn 850,000. Taking into account the prices of historic cars, e.g. 12,000,000, it is not recommended to play.
Is that the actual new payout at Fisherman's? If so, and if there isn't a way to make close to what pre-patch Fisherman's was, then I am absolutely done for a few months minimum. What a joke this franchise has become

I only wanna play since 8am. I cant belive that PD roll on an Update and get.. Oh this dosent work... We cancel all online services (increase the whole Game) since we get a solution... Wtf 🤷🏾Patch back to 1.06 Do the Update 1.07 ready and the roll it in the costumers consoles

Back