Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Stop playing and return your physical copy for a refund if you can. Amazon have been very understanding and I currently see 19 copies in my local Amazon Warehouse…and thats not because they are faulty.

Negative reviews left, tweets sent.

This is the only way we can send a message as a community. It worked with Star Wars Battlefront. Let them know this is not what we expect from the industry.

I dont mind buying a season pass for additional quality content, but I didnt expect to spend £50 on a game, then either spend £20 to buy a single rare car or grind for hours on end on the same track (Which has now been nerfed anyway!).

I see #boycottGrandTURDismo7 trending very soon.

x

Is that the actual new payout at Fisherman's? If so, and if there isn't a way to make close to what pre-patch Fisherman's was, then I am absolutely done for a few months minimum. What a joke this franchise has become
Yes, all of that is correct. Fishermans is still the fastest grinding method, and it pays less than half as well as it used to.

I'm not sure what the impact will be, but I don't remember Sony facing a PR disaster like this one.

They increase MTX prices compared to the previous game, then nerf progression which makes everyone think it's to force people to buy more MTX, then they have major influencers and players slamming them for it, and finally no one can play the goddamn game right now because of "server maintenance".

I'd say it's about time someone showed Jim Ryan that he's dealing with people here, not sheep.

All this events, who prices got dropped, can't be repeated? It's only for one completion? Unfortunately, I cannot clarify it because server's are down. Always online is a joke!!

Two One thing I'm hopeful of.
  • One of these patches brings an end to that brain dead 12 minute day
But human nature being what it is, I think it's best to not poke any bears with the second. :P

Already thought the payouts were too low, but now it's not worth even bothering. I don't mind a grind (in fact I like one) but when there's so little incentive to play the game I'd just rather do something else. I'll never buy the micro-transactions, I haven't ever touched them in >2200 hours of GTA Online (which has a more sensible economy amazingly) so trying to force me to do it isn't going to work.

The game pushes the car collecting angle, yet makes it a frustration. They give us a huge range of tuning options and cosmetics, yet lock some of them behind pure RNG on a roulette ticket. I was enjoying using the livery editor, but that still requires you to own the car to do a paint scheme for it, so thanks to this update it's now at least twice as long to get the car in the first place.

It's so far removed from the old GT games, I could race through a huge range of events and make a bunch of money to buy whatever I wanted. GT6 felt like it was lacking on release, but thanks to the high paying seasonal events I spent 100's of hours in that game customising cars. I would love to do the same here, but they've sucked all the fun out of it. It's crazy that we're missing so much content that you can finish the menu books in no time at all and then all you're stuck with is doing Fishermans Ranch 1000's of times if you want to actually enjoy the new cars and the new customisation options.

If I could refund it I would and I'm still out if they change the rewards back to where they were because it's plainly obvious this is just a quick cash grab.

You only have to look at the biggest one, Forza Horizon 5. They patched out the Jeep's Super Wheelspins and removed a few Super Wheelspins from the perk trees of certain cars. Also, the wheelspins started paying out less. And the Festival Playlists require further progression than before to win certain cars new to the game.
Not even close, if anything FH5 is significantly less grindy than FH4 was, they went in the opposite direction. And both FH4 and 5 throw cars and money at you significantly quicker than GT7 does, hell buy one of the properties in FH5 and it gifts you a Super Wheelspin a day.

The difference is also in your own words, 'play', 'progression', FH5 gives you an absurd amount of stuff to do and throws cars and cash at you while you are doing it. It's the literal opposite of having to find a singular event that pays the most and repeating it ad-nauseum for hours and hours.
Last year, Hot Wheels Unleashed was released, also with a punishing economy and expensive DLCs.
Expensive DLC isn't grind, it's poor practice. but it's not a grind. It is however closer to what PD have done with GT7 than anything else.
I admit I'm not familiar with GRID Legends, but it's not like they can afford to do what PD did with the few players and lack of goodwill they have. Maybe it's worth checking out until PD sorts this mess.
Legends is not even remotely grindy, it's got a story mode than acts as a tutorial, very similar to GT Cafe, but that opens up to a career mode with a huge amount of curated events, completion of which will give you enough to own pretty much everything car wise (and its a long career as well). Oh and if you don't have a particular car or you just want to try one it lets you borrow it for a reduced race pay-out.

So every racing game studio is in fact one, and it's still not as bad as GT7.

Last edited:
I’m just sitting here at work enjoying the theatrics while no one knows for sure what the next update will bring. Unless the servers are already booted back up.

However, if this #boycottgranturismo thing actually takes off, then it’s time for me to start doing some sport mode grinding! This might be my only chance getting to A+ 😂

Tomorrow morning can’t come soon enough!

Yes, all of that is correct. Fishermans is still the fastest grinding method, and it pays less than half as well as it used to.
Unbelievable...

I'm going to stick around until the servers come back online to see how this all shakes out. Holding out hope that since this is PD's first real public execution (seriously, they're getting blasted everywhere, lol) that maybe they have the servers down in a panic while they fix it. Even Steve/Super GT is going hard in the paint against them, and he was kind myopic to the problems the game had in his review. So maybe this is a good thing. Many studios have tried pulling this crap in the past only to be crucified on Twitter/Youtube, and eventually they course-correct. Let's hope PD is smart enough to do the right thing

Todays evening i really wanted to play, because i hadnt much time in the last days.

Now my motivation is gone with the nerfed payouts. Because with a next patch they will maybe increase it again, because of the pressure of the community, and then it would be a waste of time to progress career now.

Brind back patch 1.06 !

It's because we are all considered to be cheaters

We all know this is just propaganda from Sony.

Here in germany we had to pay 100€ for 25h AE. Massive inflation here.

Last edited:
1) Thing is i do not mind putting in time to earn credits and buy cars . No problem. Each GT game i did i played for years and slowly made progress, collected more cars and won events. What bugs me is that there is no arcade option to take a desired car for a spin, to test it. odd.....

2) was really looking forward to the used car dealer, in previous games i would check it daily and got some very cool obscure japanese sedans etc. The used car dealer hardly changed in my game since day one, and the new cars added where usually the same that i won a day before. dissapointing

3) those people in the game whose picture shows up with some words above it, it is so past century. it just feels so cheap

4) i got all the licenses, but there are no events like endurance races opened

5) that cafe that is deciding for me what race i need to do, just silly

6) daily races with tuning: make your car go as fast as possible and just Bottas at the corners

7) Where is a decent penalty system

I do hope future updates will solve some of these issues, GT Sport took some time to develop into the awesome game it turned out to be. Still like the actual driving, the old tracks back and the livery editor but all in all the game makes me feel lacklustered....My hopes are for good FIA Manufacterers races coming in the near future...

Unbelievable...

I'm going to stick around until the servers come back online to see how this all shakes out. Holding out hope that since this is PD's first real public execution (seriously, they're getting blasted everywhere, lol) that maybe they have the servers down in a panic while they fix it. Even Steve/Super GT is going hard in the paint against them, and he was kind myopic to the problems the game had in his review. So maybe this is a good thing. Many studios have tried pulling this crap in the past only to be crucified on Twitter/Youtube, and eventually they course-correct. Let's hope PD is smart enough to do the right thing
Im not on any form of social media, are they seriously getting blasted? Tempted to sign up just to check it all out 😂

I bet they're reverting the rewards after this *********...... A man can hope.
Possible, though unlikely. I can't imagine there being much more to it than changing around a few numbers in the code. It wouldn't fix everything wrong with GT7's economy, but it could at least be enough to take some heat off their backs for a while.

Then the cynic in me wonders if that was sort-of the plan all along. Poke the bear to see what they'd get away with, revert the changes as if to say "see? we listen," then the original payouts seem so much better now because of what almost happened for 1.07, and everyone's pacified. Very EA/CoD-like in behavior, which feels weird to say about PD.

Last edited:
Back