Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Sony is playing with fire when it comes to GT7. The payout balance was indeed a mess, but IMO the credits/hour for the slowest method should've been at least 1 million. Fisherman's was nerfed too much and WTC 800 was not boosted enough.

But you know what? Most people won't care. Why? Because the average joe just wants to own a Skyline or something. And a Skyline is like 300k. Easy to get.

That's why all the studios who make racing games are intensifying the grind. PD saw the competition do the same and walk away unscathed, so they did it too.

Remember that Sony increased the price of all their AAA releases on PS5 to $70. With digital included, they've managed to break even or surpass the previous entries in their franchises (Horizon and GT). And they did so in less days than before! Dollar-to-dollar, Sony is enjoying HUGE success and Jim Ryan is grinning like a child during Christmas. In such scenario, I'd actually expect them to push further.

I hate to say it, but you'd best get used to it. This is the new normal in gaming. If Sony doesn't lower the MTX price in 3 months, I'll understand it as their policy being successful and won't expect any discounts.

My best advice is to play the game more intelligently and not make your life miserable by gunning for the Jag right away. Especially when in GTS this car was actually more expensive and the money making methods sucked as much as they now do in GT7.

If the racing is fun then yes it will last especially when or if I have to grind for credits just like in GT4. More events would be good too but what I'm looking for is the ability to restart the game when I have all menu books completed and slower progression is ok with me. You don't need to try and guess what somebody else wants
I've never understood the COD prestige thing or whatever it is, but I completely get that lots of people like that type of progression and if that's your jam, then I hope PD delivers for you. To not be able to delete / restart your single-player experience... PD really messed this game up, lol.

First of all I'm a GT Fan since the first Game on PS1. With what was delivered here and what is going on right now I'm done with this Series. It's just unbelievable and sad how far it has come and what this franchise has become. And this after all that development time and the delay of the release. What have they done all the time? Was it so time consuming to copy the cars from GT Sport over to GT7?

Ok I understand everyone is pretty upset about the current situation with the game, but there's probably little point in getting angry and complaining about it on a forum like this. Mainly because it was done on purpose by Sony and Polyphony. I would suggest that everyone sell their physical copy of the game for a low price. If anyone can buy the game for a cheap price, then they won't sell their game at full price anymore. Every pre owned game sold is one sale less for Polyphony. It's the only way these companies learn that they can't get away with things like this. This is the only way this greedy corporate guys will learn their lesson. Through their bank account.

ruejmh25kxn81.png

🤣

Didn't someone want an influencer to speak out? Because someone did:

A FIAGTC competitor also sort of said something about it implicitly:

EDIT: More:

(Mentions gambling when translated for some reason)

It's a hell of a lot harder to make money in this game to begin with, and it's even less on top of that. Huh? Are you crazy? I haven't mentioned the other damn mess yet, have I? Only 4* or higher parts are available for engines and other rare parts? This is a game to collect cars and play with friends, right? When am I playing the gambling game?

Last edited:
Make us pay for in-game credits by releasing lots of new cars instead of lowering race payouts, where are all the new cars from the past year or two???? And why the hell can I only discard duplicate cars and not sell them?? All these money grab decisons…. I’ve played every generation of GT but this is seriously a new low and the last straw for me. I am going back to Horizon 5 if i still want to play racing games. Bye GT.

@Jordan @Famine

GTPlanet should bring now a clear statement that we as a community loathe this behaviour.

And pull your review "The king is back" now! Or update it at least, ffs.

We can collect money and donations within the community, if this is your point why you are afraid of Sony or their lawyers.
If they want war, they can have it !

Last edited:
I've never understood the COD prestige thing or whatever it is, but I completely get that lots of people like that type of progression and if that's your jam, then I hope PD delivers for you. To not be able to delete / restart your single-player experience... PD really messed this game up, lol.
I don't know anything about COD Prestige. I don't play COD games anymore. I havent with over 10 years. But GT4 lasted six months for me because I grinded the crap out of it to clear it and I loved that. I still love that sort of thing. Yes I agree they messed this game up. I don't like having to go through the cfe to unlock stuff and those talking heads all over the game is beyond annoying. especially in the licence tests

First of all I'm a GT Fan since the first Game on PS1. With what was delivered here and what is going on right now I'm done with this Series. It's just unbelievable and sad how far it has come and what this franchise has become. And this after all that development time and the delay of the release. What have they done all the time? Was it so time consuming to copy the cars from GT Sport over to GT7?

Ok I understand everyone is pretty upset about the current situation with the game, but there's probably little point in getting angry and complaining about it on a forum like this. Mainly because it was done on purpose by Sony and Polyphony. I would suggest that everyone sell their physical copy of the game for a low price. If anyone can buy the game for a cheap price, then they won't sell their game at full price anymore. Every pre owned game sold is one sale less for Polyphony. It's the only way these companies learn that they can't get away with things like this. This is the only way this greedy corporate guys will learn their lesson. Through their bank account.
Just saying, you may be able to return the product due to changes forced onto it after point of sale. The original product as sold (and as reviewed by virtually every outlet) is literally inaccessable now - it doesn't exist anymore because you have to be online and thus have to be patched up to the latest version to play the game.

It's a bait-and-switch.

hypnotize! They make people pressing like on 1000 pictures in the game. People Will buy this game for many years. If they had competitiors, but I guess the fees is to high for a company to start up. If u want nordschleife etc. And the manufacturers.

I don't envy Polyphony's position. People are actually complaining that they don't know every ten minutes how much progress is being made with the servers. I complained myself on Twaddle about an hour ago about the issues, but in my "old age" softer spoken style rather than threatening to twist people's fingers.

I'd love to know what progress is being made with the servers, and I'd sell blood to know what the GT7 roadmap is. But they're in competition with a company that tends to copy things, so I wouldn't talk much about future plans either.

I mentioned going to play Fallout 4, and unless the servers are back up by the time this post is made, I really should. It's just that I have this new toy, and I want to try out this Ford GT I more or less race modded up with a fresh livery last night. Meh on this planet...

I’m totally brand new to gt and all this stuff.. I’m not happy seeing payouts cut in half and to be honest I want to return the game
I've been trying to get a refund for a week. Even filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. Won't do any good but it's better than doing nothing at all.

Edit: Not the BBB, they told me to just "write a review". Can't remember what consumer advocacy site it was... Now I need to dig through my emails.

Last edited:
Been a while since I was last around here... pretty childish move imho... punish the players who enjoy collecting cars by limiting the amount of $/hr possible? To do what exactly, force us to pay up or to grind out for longer??? Sheesh, this wasn't even a glitch like the old Mazda Miata trick on the nurb... the only thing possible for a motivation is greed $$$... no??? MEANWHILE... we have to play arcade mode??? Everything is tied to the mother-ship now a days lol. Lame move for whoever is responsible for this...

In that case I have no problem sticking to indie games, they tend to offer a much more emotionally engaging experience anyway.
I'm afraid I might have to do the same! I'm not too happy that all this graphics tech we have today is being wasted on games with punishing progression and controversial monetization.

Now this is something that might force their hand.

When you have Gallo, a guy who appears in the game as an opponent, calling you out for it, you know you ****ed up.

Last edited:
Unbelievable, this is so obvious. And ofcourse there's still no place to discuss changes like this with PD so we can laugh at their excuse, however they try to spin it. Their online presence is non existent so nowhere can we get an idea if they are aware of how upset people get over this. And it makes sony look bad, not just PD.

Wow, what a thread to wake up to.

I guess all I really have to say is that I'm more surprised that people didn't see some version of all of this coming.

Ever since broadband became the standard, games have not been complete on release. It's always been to put a product out with plans to finish the game via patch.

And as much as we all hate it, microtransactions have been growing ever since they were first introduced. (It's a large reason why I quit playing Diablo 3 and refused to play almost every MMO ever published.) The only way to get rid of MT's is to not use them but history has shown devs that MT's make money, so they're here to stay apparently. Personally, I don't care all that much about being a completionist so I don't care too much about not being able to buy a large number of cars quickly. I guess when it gets to the point that I can't do my next mission without a MT that I'm going to lose my 💩and put the game down for good.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about COD Prestige. I don't play COD games anymore. I havent with over 10 years. But GT4 lasted six months for me because I grinded the crap out of it to clear it and I loved that. I still love that sort of thing. Yes I agree they messed this game up. I don't like having to go through the cfe to unlock stuff and those talking heads all over the game is beyond annoying. especially in the licence tests
I only mentioned COD because it was the first game I heard of that allowed you to 'prestige' - resetting your progress after hitting max level, but having a little mark next to your name so that people you were playing against knew you'd done it. Something like that would be cool here, but first of all they need to just let players reset their progress - like MMOs have for decades.

GT4 was pretty much an entirely single-player focussed experience, which would have made the grind the only gameplay option, and more compelling. The prize money was better, and the cars cost less. Yes it was a grind, but it was also just a more fun game with a better progression curve.

I've done the championships, at least pre-patch and we have no idea what these "adjusted payouts" are. Fisherman's was still the better money maker by far. ~10min to make 292.5k. The second to last championship takes about 32min (if you're really fast) and the payouts were, I believe, 350k if you managed to get the clean race bonus on all three races. So Fisherman's was a good 2.5x+ more profitable. Also did the final championship and I believe the payout/min was even worse than the one right before it.
Now on the Fisherman track, the winnings will be 30,000 plus 15,000 for a collision-free ride. Usually I do a circle at 3:10, so in 30 minutes you'll earn around 400,000 credits. Earlier, at the same time, it was possible to earn 850,000. Taking into account the prices of historic cars, e.g. 12,000,000, it is not recommended to play.

I can’t connect online receiving error message CE-210701 after the update. Anyone else with the same problem?

Having the same issue. After game updated I got this message. PS5 then crashed every time when loading the game. After reinstalling three times, I get this message again.

Which ones and which titles?

I've played and reviewed most titles that have come out, and the majority have done the exact opposite.
Because apparently playing Forza for like thirty minutes to an hour a week for cars is a grind.

Hopefully, this will make enough noise that PD will have to respond.

The real solution, as always, is for the player base to firmly take SuperGT's position and actually not participate in the MTs. But as always, it seems like enough people do that for the devs see it as profitable, despite the ill will of the larger community.

Last edited:
Back