Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Boy, great job putting words into my mouth.

It ultimately doesn't matter, senior management at Polyphony ultimately signed off on this and as such, they deserve as much blame as Sony does. It takes two to tango - and really, it tracks with the idea that Kaz ultimately doesn't care about the wider gaming industry outside of his own insular bubble unless it suits him, because anyone could have seen, with the Battlefront II debacle, that this entire thing was going to happen. And this time around? People aren't going to be so nice to either Polyphony, or Sony. Nor should they be.

Which loops back around to my original point: it certainly would be nice for GTP to use their editorial power to come out against this.
I don't see Sony being the culprit behind always-online, micro-transactions, horrible payouts, FOMO-simulator (err, Legend Dealership and Invite system) or the pittance of content we received at launch. These things aren't forced on their other first-party studios so I don't know why they'd be doing it to one of their oldest flagship studios. This is 100% Kaz and PD and I'll continue putting the blame squarely on them for this dumpster fire until I see some proof that Sony is behind this. Maybe there is something out there I've not seen though, I'm often wrong and have no problem admitting when I'm misinformed.

Well, I finished all cafe races and a first missions, plus a few licence test, and have about 70 cars in the garage. Is that a bad start? Even to play with friends online. Im in a league where we race one-car all season, group 3 and 4. Personally its enough until I earn more credits to build my collection.

All I meant to say is, yeah its not great that we lost some good payout. But is it so terrible that people are bitchin and sayin their gonna stop playing all together? 🤣
I mean, this update made it crystal clear to anyone not in complete denial that the cut in payouts was done to pressure players even more into buying MTs. As if how stingy the game’s economy was beforehand wasn’t evidence enough. So no, not wanting to play the game anymore because credits are needlessly being made harder to get isn’t unreasonable.

A great take on the grind vs rewards is what to expect, with GT-Sport we would get 366 cars for free over a year just by doing our daily miles. Would that be enough handouts to be considered fair? Or in other words how much would be enough to satisfy players?

I am still dumbfounded by the total lack of modern gaming loops in GT games. There should be daily races that earned cars and credits. Weekly races that were harder to get into and harder to win (with limited attempts) with bigger rewards. Just like in all other modern games, play the game to get more out of the game. I might even use time with that content over online races!
I think they give out too many cars in the game already. I won't use most of the cars I've won through the cafe as it is

As it stands right now, you need over Cr.277 million to buy one each of 360 of the 424 launch cars, now that you've finished the Cafe take a look at how much you are earning on average a day. How long do you think it's going to take you to own even 3/4 of the cars in the game?

A fair sense of progression once the tiny single-player mode is all people are asking for, to then be collectively labelled as "moaners and complainers" is innacurate and frankly more than a little insulting.

You may have hours a day, every day, for the next 5+ years to dedicate to grinding out the required credits. Many others don't and the glacial rate of earning in GT7, combined with the FOMO design and inability to sell cars, make it all the worse.

These are not moans and complaints for the hell of it, these are perfectly valid issues about a game economy that increasingly looks geared towards pushing MTX's onto people, a feeling only strengthened by todays update nerfing the highest earning events.

Thank you Scaff! :bowdown:

I don't see Sony being the culprit behind always-online, micro-transactions, horrible payouts, FOMO-simulator (err, Legend Dealership and Invite system) or the pittance of content we received at launch. These things aren't forced on their other first-party studios so I don't know why they'd be doing it to one of their oldest flagship studios. This is 100% Kaz and PD and I'll continue putting the blame squarely on them for this dumpster fire until I see some proof that Sony is behind this. Maybe there is something out there I've not seen though, I'm often wrong and have no problem admitting when I'm misinformed.
Because most of Sony's other famous games are mostly Single-player narrative driven games only that doesnt receive regular free content update like GTS and now GT7. are people going to forget TLOU, Uncharted 4 and some other multiplayer have MTX? Not to mention Sony recent focus on having 10 different live service game and buying bungie, how do you think these live service game make money and why do you think Sony bought bungie?

Last edited:
I think players would be more willing to pay to improve their skills than to unlock content.
By not being able to improve their skills by making players drive cars they don't want to use ? Other games give you access to the cars you want a lot more readily and don't try to nickel and dime you. What's Sony and Polyphony Digital's excuse?

Last edited:
what it's needed here is good, honest and straightforward information about the current issue of 1.07 and the servers shut down because of it.
Even Hello Games, one of the more fan chummy indie developers, don't tell the fans much ahead of time on what they're up to, or how things are going with issues. Outside of the main server tech having a phone chat with you, I can't imagine what else can be done.

Oh wait, complain all the while on a message forum, that'll show 'em...

I mean, this update made it crystal clear to anyone not in complete denial that the cut in payouts was done to pressure players even more into buying MTs. As if how stingy the game’s economy was beforehand wasn’t evidence enough. So no, not wanting to play the game anymore because credits are needlessly being made harder to get isn’t unreasonable.
They can try as hard as the want to preasure me to buy credits with real money but I never will. I'll keep grinding and have fun doing so

its 100% PD fault, if was sony fault the payouts were that low from the start of the game, they noticed that no one bought mt'x and there were bugged rewards like endurance race with only 5k, so they have decided to nerf best races to catch some arab whales with petrol in the garden

Because most of Sony's other famous games are mostly Single-player narrative driven games only that doesnt receive regular free content update like GTS and now GT7. are people going to forget TLOU, Uncharted 4 and some other multiplayer have MTX? Not to mention Sony recent focus on having 10 different live service game and buying bungie, how do you think these live service game make money and why do you think Sony bought bungie?
It's nowhere even close to the absurdity in those titles like we're seeing here. I played all those titles and never once felt like I was being pushed into buying something with cash. This game feels as predatory as a mobile free-to-play economy. Apples and oranges

Imagine, if forumers spent as much time on the game itself as they do on whining, how many expensive cars they could have bought! :D
Right now?

Zero, because it's literally impossible to play almost any of the game, like 95%+ is locked, and none of what is unlocked will earn you anything.

Even Hello Games, one of the more fan chummy indie developers, don't tell the fans much ahead of time on what they're up to, or how things are going with issues. Outside of the main server tech having a phone chat with you, I can't imagine what else can be done.

Oh wait, complain all the while on a message forum, that'll show 'em...
In all fairness for those used to PC sim racing titles it's insanely frustrating, as a good number of the devs for racing titles on PC provide detailed roadmaps of what's happening over a full year or quarter, and then full and detailed update notes, often in forums where you can talk to them about and get clarification and additional detail.

I don't for a second expect PD to ever get even close to that, but more than pretty much radio silence would be nice.

Last edited:
It's nowhere even close to the absurdity in those titles like we're seeing here. I played all those titles and never once felt like I was being pushed into buying something with cash. This game feels as predatory as a mobile free-to-play economy. Apples and oranges
The lovable Sony you once knew isnt here anymore, their focus is now Live service games which GT7 is. Sony gets the revenue from MT not PD.

Also Destiny 2 is just as scummy with the DCV.

Latest Posts

Back