Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Its a shame that GTplanet @Jordan @Famine havent mentioned microtransactions in their review until today.
It's not my review, so I don't know why I'm tagged. We also reviewed the game in its launch state, as with all the other games we've reviewed.
Thats why i dont like these "embedded/payd" reviews, like i already wrote before release.
And I asked you exactly what you meant by "paid" review at the time. For some reason you've declined to answer...

You don't have to pay for it. Nobody's forcing you.
I know. But I don't have to treat the game as a second job either and that's the point.

I didn't mind grinding credits on older games because the payouts were fair. You did some hours of racing and presto, had the necessary amount to buy a car you wanted. Now? We are talking about days/weeks of mindless grind in order to make credits in the vague hope that the legendary car you want shows up.

I'm gutted man... I've always been optimistic and quick to defend PD on certain decisions, but right now they're CONSTANTLY going in the wrong direction.

I know some people will claim, "Oh the game has only been out for 2 weeks" but that doesn't excuse the pitiful patches and updating PD's been implementing.
You nerf the few decent ways to make Cr. in the game? You add irrelevant features like 67 songs that no one gives a damn about while the entire online portion of the game is stripped thinner than GTS?! I'm really growing tired of these developers releasing half done games and copy paste jobs with some UI masking..

There's no possible way Kaz, you spent 5 years on this. No effing way. THIS, is what you have to show? All that talk of nostalgia and "getting back to the roots of GT" and I haven't seen it YET. I'm sure as hell not gonna wait another 3 years like GTS to get content we SHOULD'VE GOT at launch.

Don't be so quick to dismiss Kaz's input. He's been pushing the series away from mainstream players into the FIA/professional route for years. From my view he lost interest in GT as a game a long time ago. He wants GT to be the console iRacing while Sony wants back the juggernaut that sells millions of copies.
Sure, but Kaz thinking that doesnt have anything to do with MTX though? Considering the decision behind the generous payout in GTS and daily mileage was so that people can have no trouble going into Sport mode. The opposite of GT7.

So I spend £500 on a SONY PS5, then £50 a year so I can play online, then £80 on the 25 year copy of GT7, then £800 on a Fanatec GT7 DD wheel and pedals (which Sony will get a royalty from) and then I start to play GT7 and think to myself “wow the amount of grinding required to get the more desirable cars is really high but no worries I’ll get my head down and do it”. Now they have made it twice as hard in one foul stroke and I can’t play at the moment even if I wanted to.
Thanks Sony/PD you certainly saw me coming.

I just hope people don't stay quiet like they did with GT Sport. GT6 was the last GT game where you could do a decent amount of grinding and not get bored. There were seasonal events with good payouts as well.

We're not asking for a Forza Horizon 5 situation. We're asking for a good balance. It's been bad since GT Sport and now it got even worse.

You have to pay for it if you want to earn your platinum trophy. Three freakin times. Shows that the mtx was the main driving force all along. Buy three cars costing tens of millions while we only give you a few thousand at a time. But hey if you really want that trophy why not spend some real money? On top of the 70 bucks you already blew expecting a full game.
Who forces you to earn a trophy in a video game?

When people mention boycotting I usually roll my eyes but something absolutely needs to be done about this. They cannot be allowed to get away with it.
As if boycotting the game would make the situation better. I understand their decision in some way, but we as a community cannot let this happen or else it will only become worse in the future and I really want this game to last for a very long time..

And I asked you exactly what you meant by "paid" review at the time. For some reason you've declined to answer...
"Paid-review" is maybe a little bit to harsh, yes. But i think GTplanet wasnt paying for their test-copy like we all did.

Sony/PD is sending you free copies so you write a positive review about the game. Same reason why Apple is sending free products to youtubers and influencers. And you have that automatically in the back of your mind when writing the review.

Its unacceptable that the word "microtransaction" can not be found in the review - not even 2 weeks after release.

As you see, its discussed a lot.

Last edited:
Sony/PD is sending you free copies so you write a positive review about the game.
Absolute horse**** - and instantly disproven by the obvious criticisms within the review you clearly haven't bothered to watch or read.

It doesn't matter what free stuff is sent - and games company PRs are not even slightly averse to sending out $500 gift boxes of goodies alongside a game - we say what we think. Always. Our opinions cannot be bought, and any outlet which tempers its reviews based on what freebies the PR sends across is not doing its job properly.

Its unacceptable that the word "microtransaction" can not be found in the review.
They were not part of the game when we reviewed it. This is the same as any other review we've done.

"Paid-review" is maybe a little bit to harsh, yes. But i think GTplanet wasnt paying for their test-copy like we all did.

Sony/PD is sending you free copies so you write a positive review about the game. Same reason why Apple is sending free products to youtubers and influencers. And you have that automatically in the back of your mind when writing the review.

Its unacceptable that the word "microtransaction" can not be found in the review - not even 2 weeks after release.

As you see, its discussed a lot.
Because the MT's did not go live until the game was released to the public, not Jordan nor any of the main staff members who played GT7 before it officially launched would have expected beforehand that MT's would've added nor would've been done the way they were

Last edited:
No problem, buddy, it is popular nowadays just anonymously sh*ing on games and cirklej*ing about nonsense. I hope that it keeps you interested in your life.
It's not circlejerking, it's my opinion. You do know that in the real world people will have different opinions than you right? I paid for the game and I'm on a public forum so I'll debate whatever I want, if it makes you upset there's an ignore button.

Ooh there are plenty of reasons actually :

• having stock engine and no weight reduction vs having upgraded engine and upgrade weight reduction stages. You can’t switch between them without paying big credits
  • having an engine swapped from another vehicle
  • having widebody / bumper / spoiler modified

Note that this even comes from the guy who never kept any copy in any other racing game because in those games it’s rather pointless.
Yeap, the game informs you when you make certain mods to a car that those are "irreversible"

Trying to downplay everything that is bad with this game is not a noble act for anyone at all.

Honestly I don’t think the nerf to grinding was to push microtransactions. Y’all gotta remember that this is the only GT game we’re getting for the next 4 years at least, and everything about how the game was designed, from the slow to update used and legends dealerships, to announcing updates on launch day to the random daily rewards that include things that cannot be bought, they’re doing everything they can to stretch out and extend the life of the game. Hell it seems they’re even holding back the endgame till further notice. I think they want to prevent people from collecting everything within the first month and nerfing the best grind races to be more in line with the rest of the single player I think limits the grinding and slows down players.
That being said however
Still a **** move

Back