Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I can’t connect online receiving error message CE-210701 after the update. Anyone else with the same problem?
Yes same here get a rotating gt sign in the corner for a while and then the error message. EDIT: just noticed on the main page before World Map it has a notice about server maintenance down the bottom of the screen when you click it it shows what time the GT servers are undergoing maintenance but it says 6:00am to 9:00 am for UTC and GMT so it should be finished, maybe it got delayed but they can't issue a new notification. I am going to give it an hour or so. EDIT 2: just found a notice on GT facebook page and they have extended their maintenance due to a bug with the new update. here is the link https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7...iKIZeSQXvnTdwgxvXyFrRdejmWiBd_J59gFniut-iNfnQ

Last edited:
Everyone: This game is too grindy. Kaz please increase the reward payouts.
Kaz: Ok we’ll make the grind more painful.
Everyone: NO!!!!!!!! Don’t do that! We said improve the payouts!
Kaz:
FC65F347-76BA-4822-9A9B-D11F2B8DAE75.png

Thanks PD and Sony. You killed every last bit of hope that I have for this game. Guess it’s time to go back to playing Forza Horizon 5?

If they think they can churn out half a billion a year using a service game model like Bungie/Destiny does, then they're wildly mistaken because they don't have anywhere near as much going for them in terms of "seasonal" content.

Polyphony's idea of seasonal content is irregularly updating the same 3 multiplayer hoppers with a championship only about 7-10% of players are bothered about.

Meanwhile in Destiny 2's approach in the last year:

• 1 entirely new subclass, 1 existing subclass completely overhauled
  • 2 new locations: Europa & Savathun' Throne World
  • 63 new weapons added
  • Weapons and classes balanced each month
  • PVP: Iron Banner & Trials of Osiris regularly updated alongside 5 crucible match types + Gambit
  • PVE/Single player: Vanguard playlists, Nightfalls, Grandmaster Nightfalls, Battlegrounds, Psi Ops, Wellspring, Override, Blind Well, Exorcism, Dares Of Eternity.
  • "Endgame content": 5 different raids currently available (Last Wish, Garden Of Salvation, Deep Stone Crypt, Vault Of Glass & Vow Of Disciple).
You also forget the new cars, tracks, events, and others but yeah it definitely wont reach Destiny 2 level of revenue.

I
No, it isn't. As soon as you notice that you won't be able to get a 20 million car in a few days, no matter what you do, you just leave the game and go after something else.

And how would people enjoy a game for a long time that it's shorter than GT Sport, with far less events, all of them paying much less to buy much more expensive cars?

Drive the cars maybe? I don't understand how people can get bored with a car game so quickly. Aren't you a car enthusiast?

No, the single player was too short, that's why people have finished it so quickly.

It demonstrably has less content than any previous full GT release, and less than some prologue and 'non-numbered' GT releases.

Attempting to lay the blame at those who finished the minimal single-player isn't really a strong argument at all.
Play it about 2-3hours a day and you'll be done in about 7 or 8 days

Dude, you know you can have different tuning sheets and liveries/styles on the same car right? There's literally zero use in having multiples in this game.
Ooh there are plenty of reasons actually :

• having stock engine and no weight reduction vs having upgraded engine and upgrade weight reduction stages. You can’t switch between them without paying big credits
  • having an engine swapped from another vehicle
  • having widebody / bumper / spoiler modified
  • some cars not only have different exterior colours but also interior colours. For example the C2 that’s on the LCD now comes in 4 different interior colours

I’m not saying you need 5 copies of every vehicle, but personally long term goal in this game I want every road car in stock form.
On top of that I want to use all engine swaps I get as well, so those engines will end up in copies of cars I already have.
And on a handful of cars I want to go wild on upgrading, tuning, widebody and all that stuff. But, only on a second copy since I want to keep one stock and original as well.

Note that this even comes from the guy who never kept any copy in any other racing game because in those games it’s rather pointless.

This whole ordeal is most likely Sony forcing Kaz and his team to implement MT's and the game's credit economy like this. If you actually think Kaz was the one who wanted to do this please think about how absurd and ridiculous that sounds
Don't be so quick to dismiss Kaz's input. He's been pushing the series away from mainstream players into the FIA/professional route for years. From my view he lost interest in GT as a game a long time ago. He wants GT to be the console iRacing while Sony wants back the juggernaut that sells millions of copies.

Want to see if this time they will fix gearbox of 1000 hp drift subaru, when you put custom trasmission you cant tune it, and only 6 gear become longer or shorter, then i cant change tires in custom race for opponents, so i cant race street and race cars together because street cars will pops up with sport hard . _.

Everyone: This game is too grindy. Kaz please increase the reward payouts.
Kaz: Ok we’ll make the grind more painful.
Everyone: NO!!!!!!!! Don’t do that! We said improve the payouts!
Kaz:
View attachment 1125431

Thanks PD and Sony. You killed every last bit of hope that I have for this game. Guess it’s time to go back to playing Forza Horizon 5?
Then good luck, enjoy FH5, where the game throws every supercar, wheelspins and infinite amounts of credit at you for even logging in and existing. Must be fun!

Is anyone else having ps5 crashes due to this game? My first 2 crashes on this console, and both were preceeded shortly by GT7 being buggy so I think GT7 is to blame

Even a buggy mess like dying light 2 hasn't caused my ps5 to hard crash and need to repair itself
Predominantly in multiplayer lobbies. I setup my vehicle during practice, and all is well. Hit the track, everything is fine. Practice over, race start, aaaaand "System Error", crash.

It's random. Happens back to back sometimes, and some days, not at all.

I'm under the impression that the majority of big game companies are going to continue moving toward micro transactions, more and more with time.

I'm still going to enjoy the game, but I guess my money-making progression will be slower.

Last thing I have to mention. I can't help but think one day the roulette tickets might be a part of micro transactions list.

What do you guys think?

Edited: changed "bug" to "big"; changed "bame" to "game"

Last edited:
You don't have to spend real money if you don't want to. I certainly won't. But this is increasing longevity in the game. Grinding it in a few days doesn't seem fun and will make you bored quicker. Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.
Increasing longevity how? By making the game more grindy? This is FAKE longevity. The only way for a game to have proper, real longevity, is to have more content. In GT7's current state, that would be more events and more options to farm credits.

This is a scumbag move and absolutely unacceptable. PD is literally taking away from us content that we paid for. Part of the game are the easiest ways to earn credits, and right now the entire playerbase is at their mercy because they can simply adjust the numbers as they see fit, so that they can push out those terrible microtransactions. This takes me back to GT6. You take away the Seasonal Events from that game (because the servers are no more) and earning credits in that game is a grind fest.

Then good luck, enjoy FH5, where the game throws every supercar, wheelspins and infinite amounts of credit at you for even logging in and existing. Must be fun!

Wow a racing game that actually let's me play all of it's content without shoving microtransactions down my throat every 5 minutes? Well sign me up, it does sounds like good fun, it's almost like that's the purpose of a videogame!

Last edited:
Predominantly in multiplayer lobbies. I setup my vehicle during practice, and all is well. Hit the track, everything is fine. Practice over, race start, aaaaand "System Error", crash.

It's random. Happens back to back sometimes, and some days, not at all.
I've been only doing single player because of the lack of BoP and its happened to me twice now. Once after leaving the game in rest mode and today the game just wouldn't start or check for update and then ps5 crashed. I also had to reinstall the game because it got corrupted someone while I was trying to select a different car.

You don't have to pay for it. Nobody's forcing you.
You have to pay for it if you want to earn your platinum trophy. Three freakin times. Shows that the mtx was the main driving force all along. Buy three cars costing tens of millions while we only give you a few thousand at a time. But hey if you really want that trophy why not spend some real money? On top of the 70 bucks you already blew expecting a full game.

I thought this was very strange too, like why the heck can't we sell them? It does honestly seem like they're trying to push MTX, which is kinda sad, because I thought PD were one of the companies that would never... but I guess they do answer to Sony, perhaps a little pressure from above?
Even WarGaming allow players to sell their ships and upgrades.

Hmm. I'm hoping this will fix not being able to save settings for my Camaros? I'm a huge ZL-1 fan! As far as the prevailing discussion, I thought this game was about driving, not mindlessly accumulating credits?

hej. Czy ktoś wie jak długo serwery nie będzie aktywny ?:(
Aktualizacja była około godziny 11 a minęło już 4h i nadal jest problem z działalnością.

Last edited:
No, the single player was too short, that's why people have finished it so quickly.

It demonstrably has less content than any previous full GT release, and less than some prologue and 'non-numbered' GT releases.

Attempting to lay the blame at those who finished the minimal single-player isn't really a strong argument at all.
For a game that's been advertised as finally having a singleplayer campaign (one of the main things GTS was missing) it feels half-assed. It's way too short but what's even worse is it doesn't feature any of the coolest cars from the game's car list. You get a very small taste of Gr.3 & Gr.4 racing in the final menus and that's it. With this new nerf I'm starting to believe they didn't want to give away 1 million+ cars in the career so they didn't make any menu chapters about them.

as long as they've added more music rally events (as promised), I'll be happy...

Back