Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
After the GT:Sport debacle when it released, I was really hoping Polyphony would redeem their selves with GT:7. GT:7 looks nice and it brought back a couple favorite tracks, but other than that the lack of new content (the majority of cars are GT:Sport carryovers) just has me feeling meh about the whole thing. Now with the nerfed payouts I'm over their BS, I'll be returning my 25th Anniversary Edition and spending more time in iRacing, where at least you know up front you are paying for additional content.

Dude, you know you can have different tuning sheets and liveries/styles on the same car right? There's literally zero use in having multiples in this game.
Yes and your point? Some of us still like having multiples of cars. I didn't realize I was only limited to 1 of each car and that's it. I know in gt sport it was convenient to switch between the same cars for multiple liveries and settings when you were racing in a lobby.

Aight I played Genshin Impact so I know how the grinding feels like but to reduce the amount like the way they did is downright outrageous!
Come on ffs I can barely get all the cars I want because the amount of time I have to spend just to get to a half a million credits! :grumpy:

When people complain about the trees or lack of certain cars or tracks, I go “it’s just a game”. But this grinding is on another level, or the lack of game, as Famine has explained. I can only hope that PD do something soon about this, not only give us more menu books, but better payouts for the events. Maybe seasonal events like in GT5.

The 'earnings nerf' can be blamed on all those bragging about 'having finished the game', obviously the game is too easy with too much credit payout on some races....

The Gran Turismo series of games are supposed to savoured like a fine wine, not rushed like cheap cider.....😝

You have your opinion and I have mine; both are equally valid.🍻
Can always count on someone to defend the indefensible. There's no excuse other than greed for nerfing payouts.

Last edited:
They’ve made it even harder to earn credits? I genuinely can’t believe what I’m reading. I’ve been a GT fan since day one but they’ve ruined the franchise with this game. I think I’m done with it. So so disappointed.

What’s the point in playing if you’re doing the same crap over and over again and not getting anywhere? It’s infuriating.
At this point, I'm not even at all surprised this is the route PD has taken. The fact that I paid for that stupid special edition to give this damn company ONE LAST CHANCE to redeem themselves, and they messed it up, as always... Why, oh WHY did I buy into the hype of this game?

I'm officially done with this game AND company. I stopped playing because the so called "campaign" mode was getting repetitive, and the grind was brutal (they pushed it even further to force you into buying credits). NEVER will I be buying another PD product EVER again. It's clear where their priorities are at: To seek shortcuts to make more money. GT is a literal cow for PD/Sony to keep milking money out of. There is no passion put into making the games FUN anymore, but to get more money out of us. Now I really don't regret moving over to the Forza franchise back in 2015.
Don't worry guys, you'll be saying the exact same thing in five years' time when GT8 comes out and you inevitably buy it to give Polyphony Digital another 'one last chance'.

If I was Sony I'd insert a project manager/director to overlook and override Kaz Yamauchi where appropriate/necessary.

This whole ordeal is most likely Sony forcing Kaz and his team to implement MT's and the game's credit economy like this. If you actually think Kaz was the one who wanted to do this please think about how absurd and ridiculous that sounds

If I was Sony I'd insert a project manager/director to overlook and override Kaz Yamauchi where appropriate/necessary.
That could go either way though, the director would obviously be working towards the agenda of Sony, in which case things could get worse even quicker. I strongly believe that most of GT7's structural choices are down to Sony's agenda, not PD's. The poor and inconsistent menu designs on the other hand, that is definitely PD's own doing.

About this big mess...

"I'm Sorry"

"A serious bug was found in the update (1.07), so we will extend the server maintenance. We will inform you of the maintenance cancellation time as soon as the details are known. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

Last edited:
Dude, you know you can have different tuning sheets and liveries/styles on the same car right? There's literally zero use in having multiples in this game.
This is always a problem, a lot of us livery designers need multiples of the car to showcase our work etc so things like the auction house cars where we want to have two of the car (i.e show front and rear) it makes it harder to show the work in full and means more effort/shot taking etc.

Plus some of us like have multiples of cars, aka the race team I am in I would like one Atenza with my team's livery and have another for other liveries et all.

I guess only us designers get affected by this tho!

EDIT: @Majorlazer also covered another nice point!

Last edited:
The revenue from microtransaction goes to Sony, not to PD. Considering this is one of the 10 live service game that were talked about, this does not bode well for Sony's future live service game. Sony just give them the budget, i have zero doubts that this is Sony's doing not PD.

Last edited:
Nah.

GT7 was my first chance, and my last.
I doubt it. As soon as Moon Over The Castle starts playing at E3 2026 everybody who said they'd given PD their last chance for GT7 will buy the next one. It was the same with the people who gave their last chance to GTS... and GT6... And GT5... And GTHD...

The 'earnings nerf' can be blamed on all those bragging about 'having finished the game', obviously the game is too easy with too much credit payout on some races....

The Gran Turismo series of games are supposed to savoured like a fine wine, not rushed like cheap cider.....😝

You have your opinion and I have mine; both are equally valid.🍻

So the purpose of having a game is to just have it, not to actually play it. Got it.

You don't have to spend real money if you don't want to. I certainly won't. But this is increasing longevity in the game. Grinding it in a few days doesn't seem fun and will make you bored quicker. Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.

Looks like PD has repeated their PS3 era blunders, with their questionable decisions and reluctance to listen to their loyal fan base

I understand how people are upset by this but I also can't help but notice the change in the attitude of players between this game and the last one I played (GT6). People seem more impatient than before. I get it, but we're not supposed to have a garage full of GR.1s and Legends by the end of the second week.

As a fan of this series I've always accepted it would be hard to gain credits. After going through the Cafe and some (not all) of the licence tests, I now have enough cars to play around with and try and tame in custom races while earning a few credits here and there. I think it's fun how long it can take to earn cars. I don't want to grind the same race a million times over and over to earn the highest amount of credits possible. I really don't see the fun in it. I find intrinsic value in earning these cars. Maybe I'm the odd one out?

There is one use for having multiples...

If you do custom races with your garage cars and you want to have cars of the same type with differnt liveries(and differnt tune ups) in the same race...(for example, that's the reason why i got two Shelby Mustangs and three Minis so already, and why i will get two of each classic muscle car once they show up...)

You don't have to spend real money if you don't want to. I certainly won't. But this is increasing longevity in the game. Grinding it in a few days doesn't seem fun and will make you bored quicker. Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.

Not necessarily. I used the exploit to get all cars in GT6 and still played that game daily until GT sport. Having access to more cars is what keeps me playing, not grinding.

Back