Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Wow, heads must be rolling at PD this week.

I'm assuming that Sony fast-tracked their previous patch release which is why there was a progression-stopping bug that went out with it. Now Sony QA probably won't release a patch until they can test a complete play-through (which is usually what they do). So for this maintenance period to be extended, there could have been a progression break discovered at the 11th hour forcing another fast-tracked resubmit for the patch.

I worked on one horrible game where the producers just kept sending iterative builds every two days at Sony hoping one would make it past cert. Sony had to start refusing their submissions because they would have to restart their QA process once the new build came in. I think the Producers thought that Sony had infinite QA resources and could multi-test multiple builds of the same game at the same time.

You don't have to spend real money if you don't want to. I certainly won't. But this is increasing longevity in the game. Grinding it in a few days doesn't seem fun and will make you bored quicker. Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.
No, it isn't. As soon as you notice that you won't be able to get a 20 million car in a few days, no matter what you do, you just leave the game and go after something else.

And how would people enjoy a game for a long time that it's shorter than GT Sport, with far less events, all of them paying much less to buy much more expensive cars?

So PD decided to turn GT 7 into GTA Online, where you have to grind for hours to afford buying anything. That's absolutely disgusting. Games are meant to be fun to play, they are not a job nor should feel like a chore.

If that was there plan I would have much rather got a PS5 version of GT6 that I could transfer my save from like GTA5.

You don't have to spend real money if you don't want to. I certainly won't. But this is increasing longevity in the game. Grinding it in a few days doesn't seem fun and will make you bored quicker. Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.
Exactly. People these days want everything in the shortest amount of time, while forgetting about what games like GT are about – having fun for YEARS.

Last edited:
I understand how people are upset by this but I also can't help but notice the change in the attitude of players between this game and the last one I played (GT6). People seem more impatient than before. I get it, but we're not supposed to have a garage full of GR.1s and Legends by the end of the second week.

As a fan of this series I've always accepted it would be hard to gain credits. After going through the Cafe and some (not all) of the licence tests, I now have enough cars to play around with and try and tame in custom races while earning a few credits here and there. I think it's fun how long it can take to earn cars. I don't want to grind the same race a million times over and over to earn the highest amount of credits possible. I really don't see the fun in it. I find intrinsic value in earning these cars. Maybe I'm the odd one out?
I generally do agree with you, and thought the payouts were okay before. My big issue here is them installing an update and actually reducing payouts, which is something I've never seen any game do before. It would be one thing if there was some glitch that gave you millions of credits per race and they were fixing it, but that wasn't even remotely the case.

In my opinion they've become too greedy with these changes and chances are many people will drop the game, especially if they're interested in singleplayer content like me. PD could've retained previous economy and still relied on the MTX's to pay for the post-launch content. But no, they need you to pay up on top of what you've spent on the copy of the game.

I understand how people are upset by this but I also can't help but notice the change in the attitude of players between this game and the last one I played (GT6). People seem more impatient than before. I get it, but we're not supposed to have a garage full of GR.1s and Legends by the end of the second week.
Agreed, but it not supposed to take literally years of dedicated daily play to get them all either, it's a balance, and right now that balance in GT7 is wrong.

Go through it at a decent pace and you'll be o.k. and enjoy the game for a long time.
Sure, that would cut it if the game also wasn't filled with FOMO mechanics.

How can I enjoy the game at my own pace when I gotta farm millions of credits in the window of a couple of days for this car I want before it leaves the LCD and comes back god knows when? That is only one example, you also have the UCD, invitations. And then we're talking only about launch content, this game will be updated with more as time goes on.

This is not your standard GT game that is timeless, that you can boot it up decades into the future and experience it at your own pace. This is looking more and more like a modern day live service game, you either stay on top of it, or you'll be missing out.

As a fan of this series I've always accepted it would be hard to gain credits. After going through the Cafe and some (not all) of the licence tests, I now have enough cars to play around with and try and tame in custom races while earning a few credits here and there. I think it's fun how long it can take to earn cars. I don't want to grind the same race a million times over and over to earn the highest amount of credits possible. I really don't see the fun in it. I find intrinsic value in earning these cars. Maybe I'm the odd one out?
No, you're not. GTP is... special.

My Japanese is a bit….. rusty, care to translate?

And btw.. are the servers still down?
I translated it via Google and it was just him saying "I'm sorry."
Kaz: I'm Sorry

GT_online_jp: A serious bug was found in the update (1.07), so we will extend the server maintenance. We will inform you of the maintenance cancellation time as soon as the details are known. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yes, the servers are still down... maybe because of the credits... IDK... honestly, this has to be solved now or now...

The 'earnings nerf' can be blamed on all those bragging about 'having finished the game', obviously the game is too easy with too much credit payout on some races....

The Gran Turismo series of games are supposed to savoured like a fine wine, not rushed like cheap cider.....😝

You have your opinion and I have mine; both are equally valid.🍻

Yeah? Well it's hard to savor this "fine wine" when it's given to you in a shot glass.

The revenue from microtransaction goes to Sony, not to PD. Considering this is one of the 10 live service game that were talked about, this does not bode well for Sony's future live service game. Sony just give them the budget, i have zero doubts that this is Sony's doing not PD.
If they think they can churn out half a billion a year using a service game model like Bungie/Destiny does, then they're wildly mistaken because they don't have anywhere near as much going for them in terms of "seasonal" content.

Polyphony's idea of seasonal content is irregularly updating the same 3 multiplayer hoppers with a championship only about 7-10% of players are bothered about.

Meanwhile in Destiny 2's approach in the last year:

• 1 entirely new subclass, 1 existing subclass completely overhauled
  • 2 new locations: Europa & Savathun' Throne World
  • 63 new weapons added
  • Weapons and classes balanced each month
  • PVP: Iron Banner & Trials of Osiris regularly updated alongside 5 crucible match types + Gambit
  • PVE/Single player: Vanguard playlists, Nightfalls, Grandmaster Nightfalls, Battlegrounds, Psi Ops, Wellspring, Override, Blind Well, Exorcism, Dares Of Eternity and exotic quests.
  • "Endgame content": 5 different raids currently available (Last Wish, Garden Of Salvation, Deep Stone Crypt, Vault Of Glass & Vow Of Disciple).
  • Two whole single-player campaigns: Beyond Light and The Witch Queen.
Polyphony are kidding themselves if they think they're able to do equivalent to that.

Last edited:
This argument could maybe fly if these didn't exist too: Rising prices of cars in-game, time-limited invitations, limited stock, pathetic payouts for custom races & online, rigged roulette and wildly expensive parts, amongst a whole slew of other traits all geared towards mtx.

If you do Fishermans Ranch now, at an average of 4 minutes + clean race bonus, you're looking at 30 hours of grinding for a 20mn credit car. A car that will leave the dealership in 4 days so better grind 7.5 hours a day. How anyone can defend this is beyond me, but then the world is full of such characters.

Yep, says the server is still in mainenance.

Turned off the PS5 and restarted, same message.

Deleted both local and cloud saves, same message except now all I can do is play the stupid music rally again.

Not happy.

Also have to sit through the intro video again
Same here

Exactly. People these days want everything in the shortest amount of time, while forgetting about what games like GT are about – having fun for YEARS.
No problems for me if fun means for you grinding day after day for buying the cars you want but I want to race, not grind. And even if I grind I have to wait for some cars when they become available to buy. They went mad at PD I guess, otherwise you can't explain these stupid decisions they made.

Is anyone else having ps5 crashes due to this game? My first 2 crashes on this console, and both were preceeded shortly by GT7 being buggy so I think GT7 is to blame

Even a buggy mess like dying light 2 hasn't caused my ps5 to hard crash and need to repair itself

The 'earnings nerf' can be blamed on all those bragging about 'having finished the game', obviously the game is too easy with too much credit payout on some races....

The Gran Turismo series of games are supposed to savoured like a fine wine, not rushed like cheap cider.....😝

You have your opinion and I have mine; both are equally valid.🍻
No, the single player was too short, that's why people have finished it so quickly.

It demonstrably has less content than any previous full GT release, and less than some prologue and 'non-numbered' GT releases.

Attempting to lay the blame at those who finished the minimal single-player isn't really a strong argument at all.

Back